5 replies to this topic

#1 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have two graphics cards on my computer one is a standard built in one from intel, the 3000, and I have a better Radeon graphics card. My issue is whenever I run a game on can you run it it always fails me but some of the games it fails me on I already run perfectly with no issues. Can you run it always fails me because of my graphics card, its only detecting the intel one and not my radeon one. How can I make the radeon graphics card my primary graphics card for my laptop.

#2 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Do you have your graphics card drivers installed/updated?

#3 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

The option to update my graphics card drivers in device manager is not click able so I assume both of my cards are updated, as for being installed I think they are because I can view them in my device manager.

#4 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Ok, so, first open the software from the manufacturer, then go to setting an chose to always use the dedicated graphics card.
The other thing, is use max performance setting for power management.
Should help

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#5 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have an amd card and it dosent give me that option to use dedicated graphics card in the settings.

#6 dman2289

dman2289

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

What kind of CPU do you have? If it's a lower end/older model that could be bottlenecking your GPU's performance. Even the best of graphics cards won't perform up to their full potential if the processor is outdated or just bad in general.
Also, knowing exactly what GPU you have will definitely help diagnose your problems.
I hope this helped. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users