• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MlBrookie08

MlBrookie08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

What's a good marker for around $300. I'm looking for an efficient gun that's reliable. I'm kind of looking at the pm8/7 or an old ego or etek. What are te pros and cons to those guns. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tank you for your time

#2 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

http://www.trademygu...gun-marker.aspx
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#3 PatsPotatoVan

PatsPotatoVan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I picked up a used 2011 Proto reflex Rail for $300 and it works great. If you're looking for a poppit, than an Ego 5 or 6 would be a good choice.

Player
Photographer

Referee

#4 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Bob Long Marq. Just make sure you have a pressure tester.

#5 furiouspb

furiouspb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Planet eclipse etha, 395 new but I received one for 300, it is loud, trigger isn't too great but all and all it is a solid marker, it's fast, somewhat efficient and very accurate, 9/10 I'd rate it

#6 Brettisdaman

Brettisdaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Between the 2012 GOG eXTCy and the 2011 proto rail the rail is the clear winner...

The eXTCy has a wack PLASTIC, weirdly slanted trigger, cheap ass feeling knob for the ASA, iit feels god aweful in the hands its heavy as hell, the grips are horrible but it does have a 14" barrel and it does have a superior board but that is the only advantage it has on the rail...

The rail is backed up by DYE which is baller, has the Hyper 3 reg, wrap around grips (better feeling the eXTCy's wrap arounds, it has the Ultra light frame which not only is light but feels good as hell in the hands, it is farely efficient if u have a 68/4500 tank and the trigger feels so much better the the eXTCy's, although it has a 12" barrle and no on/off asa it is still a much better marker.
You get more for your your money with the eXTCy with the hard case, on/off asa ,14" barrel and amblackheart board but the proto rail is (in my opinion) the better marker because having a hard case, on/off asa and a blackheart board will not effect you performance one bit.

One more thing before you go buying a gun go to a pro shop and put it in ur hand and feel the different options...

I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!

#7 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Planet eclipse etha, 395 new but I received one for 300, it is loud, trigger isn't too great but all and all it is a solid marker, it's fast, somewhat efficient and very accurate, 9/10 I'd rate it

whered you get it for $300?

#8 SoapMcKush

SoapMcKush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Invert mini's are amazing little guns iv had one since they came out. I max'd it out with upgrades even a Oled board its a nice gun I enjoy shooting it just as much as my ego 11.
Feedback 3/0/0

#9 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Between the 2012 GOG eXTCy and the 2011 proto rail the rail is the clear winner...

The eXTCy has a wack PLASTIC, weirdly slanted trigger, cheap ass feeling knob for the ASA, iit feels god aweful in the hands its heavy as hell, the grips are horrible but it does have a 14" barrel and it does have a superior board but that is the only advantage it has on the rail...

The rail is backed up by DYE which is baller, has the Hyper 3 reg, wrap around grips (better feeling the eXTCy's wrap arounds, it has the Ultra light frame which not only is light but feels good as hell in the hands, it is farely efficient if u have a 68/4500 tank and the trigger feels so much better the the eXTCy's, although it has a 12" barrle and no on/off asa it is still a much better marker.
You get more for your your money with the eXTCy with the hard case, on/off asa ,14" barrel and amblackheart board but the proto rail is (in my opinion) the better marker because having a hard case, on/off asa and a blackheart board will not effect you performance one bit.

One more thing before you go buying a gun go to a pro shop and put it in ur hand and feel the different options...

how can you say that the rail is better because it is more efficient the rail is an absolute hog compared to almost anything

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ok, go be a fanboy somewhere else.

HE mad.

#11 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Ok, go be a fanboy somewhere else.

HE mad.

realistically id say it's
trigger- rail by a little
barrel- extcy
board- extcy
asa- extcy
efficiency- extcy
reg- rail has hyper 3 but extcy has pretty much the same reg as the luxe

i don't understand how you can say that the rail is the clear winner

#12 Orrb84

Orrb84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I can sell u a ego 7 with a dye ul for 300

#13 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I can sell u a ego 7 with a dye ul for 300

That belongs in the BST, just letting you know.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#14 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

if you save like $25 more,you could easily get a used axe on trademygun.com

#15 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I say go with the rail because

The rail is backed up by DYE which is baller

:dodgy:

Just get an eXTCy, or save up for a used axe.

#16 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Used axe, hands down.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#17 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

My sig

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Cause you know, the weirdly slanted trigger isn't an S or 'scythe' style trigger that everyone likes. It's much better for walking, and it's pretty good. The plastic is Glass reinforced nylon, which feels damn smooth and modern. Plus it'll hardly break. The efficiency and smoothness is near the same, and is backed by GoG, which also has great Customer Service. However, I believe the eXTCy is a much better gun than the Proto Rail.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users