• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've heard teams yell continously positions of the other team ect. And I see teams that are calm and say during the game at a normal tone hey charlie theres a guy in the back right I'm gonna get him in and you move up. Is this to slow? What is more effective?

#2 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

The former. If somebody is reading a book to you on the field you are either not going to hear what they are saying, or an opportunity will be missed trying to talk/listen.

I love you.

#3 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

that and you just told him exactly what you are going to do, learn your teammates behavior and just go, your teammate should be able to play off your move without you telling him that

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#4 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

^Not exactly. Teamwork involves more than just yelling out bunkers. Talk to your teammates calmly, dictating very clearly what you want them to hear. Communicating isn't just about yelling out bunkers, or body counts. Start with saying your teammates name, "BOB", until you get their attention. Then say what you want them to hear, "Watch the wire for a sec I'm gonna wrap". You can't telepathically "know" your teammates behavior, you need to coordinate moves with them. You'll be much more effective working like this, rather than just doing your own thing and hoping your teammate does what he needs to do to balance you.

Listen at 2:20 and 5:56, he talks with his teammate about one thing, and talks to effectively figure out a plan (I know 5:56 doesn't work out so well but you get the idea). Yes, he does keep track of the weasel and fire counts along with where the other team is, but he also does way more than that.

Screaming HOMETHEONETHETWOTHEFIVE!!!11!1!!!1!1! in a panicky tone of voice no one can understand will do nothing. Yeah you need to be loud, but speaking clearly and turning your head towards your teammates will do much more than volume alone. Screaming wildly at the top of your lungs just adds to the wall of noise that is an active paintball field. Oh and there is no way the other team is going to hear what you're gonna do, much less make sense of it when you add the fact that you're most likely using codes different from their own. They're way too focused on hearing and talking to their own teammates to "spy" on you guys.

Edited by xSKIERx, 03 July 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#5 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

^Not exactly. Teamwork involves more than just yelling out bunkers. Talk to your teammates calmly, dictating very clearly what you want them to hear. Communicating isn't just about yelling out bunkers, or body counts. Start with saying your teammates name, "BOB", until you get their attention. Then say what you want them to hear, "Watch the wire for a sec I'm gonna wrap". You can't telepathically "know" your teammates behavior, you need to coordinate moves with them. You'll be much more effective working like this, rather than just doing your own thing and hoping your teammate does what he needs to do to balance you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxUNvNV64g

Listen at 2:20 and 5:56, he talks with his teammate about one thing, and talks to effectively figure out a plan (I know 5:56 doesn't work out so well but you get the idea). Yes, he does keep track of the weasel and fire counts along with where the other team is, but he also does way more than that.

Screaming HOMETHEONETHETWOTHEFIVE!!!11!1!!!1!1! in a panicky tone of voice no one can understand will do nothing. Yeah you need to be loud, but speaking clearly and turning your head towards your teammates will do much more than volume alone. Screaming wildly at the top of your lungs just adds to the wall of noise that is an active paintball field. Oh and there is no way the other team is going to hear what you're gonna do, much less make sense of it when you add the fact that you're most likely using codes different from their own. They're way too focused on hearing and talking to their own teammates to "spy" on you guys.

Thanks this helped a bunch. Posted Image

#6 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Thanks this helped a bunch. Posted Image

Glad I could help :)

#7 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxUNvNV64g

not telepathically know, know from experience, with my teammates i can tell what they are going to do by their body language and they can do the same for me, yea you still communicate but sometimes you just know what your teammate is going to do and if you yell out exactly what you are going to do, it gives the other team a heads up sometimes if you are close enough, but also working a strategy is smart but may not work super well due to chaotic but it depends on how well your teammate can understand you, yelling something like go is very helpful and saying i have your tape calms the front player, but if you play with someone long enough you learn their behavior

Edited by NJC, 05 July 2012 - 12:10 AM.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#8 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

not telepathically know, know from experience, with my teammates i can tell what they are going to do by their body language and they can do the same for me, yea you still communicate but sometimes you just know what your teammate is going to do and if you yell out exactly what you are going to do, it gives the other team a heads up sometimes if you are close enough, but also working a strategy is smart but may not work super well due to chaotic but it depends on how well your teammate can understand you, yelling something like go is very helpful and saying i have your tape calms the front player, but if you play with someone long enough you learn their behavior

The fact of the matter is that you can see and shoot things your teammate can't, and your teammate can see and shoot things you can't. Using those shots and the information you have, you need to work with your teammate. Yeah you can know what they're going to do, but if it's not the right thing you need to get them to change it.

Of course you aren't always game planning during a game, but if you're a back player and you're moving down the field with your front player, they need to be able to hear you at all times, and vice versa. Of course a home player isn't going to be yelling at the guy in the 50 snake to shoot inside or outside, but a corner player is a huge asset in getting an insert player into a front bunker. Without communication and good timing, that's pretty difficult.

#9 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

TOTALLY THIS Posted Image
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users