4 replies to this topic

#1 Steel546

Steel546

Drupaler.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

I used to make custom stickers on here a while back and stopped due to college. But now I'm an edumacated person with a degree, and I have other services to offer like freelance mobile and web design/developing. It seems to be the norm to post them in non-paintball (I think) and I remember I used to post mine in Misc, but that doesn't seem right.

Obviously we have community of people who are obviously talented in trades other than paintball, so why not make a subforum just for services. And not just Third Party B/S Services, but for all random services offered. Graphic design, custom apparel, anodizing/duracoating, laser engraving, barrel socks, web design, etc. Just pin the Third Party B/S Services at the top of that, and let the rest follow.

Thoughts, ideas? I knew this was thought about before, it just seems too simple of a decision to not have been done already. I mean, it's already been going on, just in the wrong spots.

Thanks

#2 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'd imagine Mike and Willy want this to stay as much of a paintball forum as possible and not become some random service forum with some paintball info.

#3 Collby

Collby

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

i agree with steel

#4 Steel546

Steel546

Drupaler.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

I understand that, but it's paintball related services. It wouldn't make sense for someone to come in here selling like Mary Kay makeup or automotive repair. But if you have a skill and you enjoy paintball, there should be a place for people to sell that service. Examples of use:

Graphic design - team logos, jersey designs, company/field branding
Anodizing - obvious. Marker/marker part anodizing
Custom Apparel - headbands, team shirts
Web design - team sites, field sites
Marker repair - obvious
etc...

If you have a community of people who can do these things and enjoy doing them, why not take advantage of it? If anything, it gives an edge to both sides. For example, I've been in paintball for about 10 years now. I know what it's like to be a rec player, to be on a tournament team, and to run a field. I also know what it takes to make an impression on the internet, and take advantage of social media, SEO and marketing, and create an engaging site for companies and their users. I've created a niche for myself to assist those in an area of expertise I've experience. See what I mean?

Anyways, just thoughts. Moderators, if you have an answer or can get a higher answer, I'd like to know. Thanks again.

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

1. We can't moderator delivery or quality of a service like we can hardgoods.

2. People that want to do a business become punkass and break the rules. They can't supply pics of the end result when solicitating obviously, they demand the right to pm or email and often become lazy when paid upfront.

3. They often become fly by night ... As you mentioned in your sticker project.

4. We will not support them unless they are investigated first.

5. They may conflict with our sponsors.

6. Did I mention punkass attitudes? They want everything for free, demand rule changes and take up manpower time. Our setup is designed for users.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users