• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I want better endurance, but doing all that exercise I might as well lose a little of that extra weight. I will be/have been doing HIIT. I'm already skinny, but loosing the extra 10 pounds or so I could lose, I should be a tad faster, have better endurance, and my thighs won't be the size of a tree trunk. Of course diet will help me with my HIIT results too.

I know a decent amount about eating healthy, but I feel like my whole house is carbs plus some fruits. Here is what I have been eating for the past few days:

In the morning: 2 Bananas
Lunch: Perdue Chicken Nuggets (11) Which is about 440 calories.
Snack: Apple, carrot sticks, just anything I can find that looks healthy.
Dinner: Up to my mom. Could be Chicken, steak, pizza, etc. We always have Pizza once a week and I've been trying to eat a lot before we order so I have a slice instead of 3. I always have lots and lots of veggies.
Snack: I always have these Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, but I know they are unhealthy. 230 cals for a pack that doesn't really fill me, but I can get away with eating one pack.

Please help me with my diet. Tell me what to improve on. Also what is a good substitute for a Banana? (Fills me the same and same/less calories. Also some extra foods I can eat would be great, I don't want to stick to the same foods every day.

#2 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

What's wrong with thighs the size of tree trunks? Squatting 3 times your weight is fun. ;)

And if it is processed... It is probably not good for you. Chicken nuggets for example. Look at your ingredients on food. Something like chicken should not have 37 ingredients in it... It should have one. Chicken.
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#3 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I want better endurance, but doing all that exercise I might as well lose a little of that extra weight. I will be/have been doing HIIT. I'm already skinny, but loosing the extra 10 pounds or so I could lose, I should be a tad faster, have better endurance, and my thighs won't be the size of a tree trunk. Of course diet will help me with my HIIT results too.

I know a decent amount about eating healthy, but I feel like my whole house is carbs plus some fruits. Here is what I have been eating for the past few days:

Dinner: Up to my mom. Could be Chicken, steak, pizza, etc. We always have Pizza once a week and I've been trying to eat a lot before we order so I have a slice instead of 3. I always have lots and lots of veggies.
Snack: I always have these Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, but I know they are unhealthy. 230 cals for a pack that doesn't really fill me, but I can get away with eating one pack.

Please help me with my diet. Tell me what to improve on. Also what is a good substitute for a Banana? (Fills me the same and same/less calories. Also some extra foods I can eat would be great, I don't want to stick to the same foods every day.

When you're saying you want to be faster are we talking sprints or long distances?

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

When you're saying you want to be faster are we talking sprints or long distances?

It's for football, so short sprints. Mainly endurance as I'm already faster then most of our receivers and running backs.

I'm looking for a nutritious/low calorie meal plan. Would love to get my abs to show :D at the same time as giving my body nutrients to aid in my running.

#5 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Should focus on repeated plyometics, also use fartlek training for building endurance when it comes to sprints.

Find out your METs for every exercise you do each day, this will help you plan meals and prevent you passing out if you're not actually eating enough.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#6 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yogurt is a good sub for bananas. You could just have yogurt and a banana instead of 2.

Also, I looked up your chicken nuggets. You are consuming about 25g of fat in one meal. I would suggest another alternative.

I would tell you guys how they make chicken nuggets, but you might not like my response. I would suggest some whole chicken breast or a handfull almonds and a glass of water or something.

Edited by Dak-Attack, 05 July 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#7 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking of this as my go to:

Breakfast: Banana and yogurt
Lunch: 4 Egg Whites and an apple
Snack: Carrot sticks
Dinner: whatever my mom makes, lots of veggies
Snack: Anything healthy

My friend had a party today, my self control seems to be better. Everyone was eating chips, downing 3-4 bottles of Gatorade, etc. I just had 3 bottles of water and a couple chips.

Also I posted this is my other thread, but might swell ask here: I have been doing the HIIT for a week or two. It seems like everyother day cause life has just been crazy lately (now I can run every day).

I started the first day sprinting and then walking for 1-3 minutes. 30 secs of jogging and it starts turning into hell. Now I sprint (longer), jog, sprint, etc until I can't do it. Then I walk for 1 minute and start again. 30 seconds of jogging is a breeze and Actually enjoyable.

Is it possible to see results this quick?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users