• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Was going through my Facebook news feed when this caught my attention.

What do you all think?

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#2 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#3 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Holy Crap. I guess Tiberius is moving up in the world?
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#4 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Seems like a smart acquisition?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#5 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure nobody on the planet saw this coming.

I love you.

#6 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'm gald for Tiberius. They're making themselves known to the world, and I hope they become a flagship company in scenario paintball.
Posted Image

#7 Valiant

Valiant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

i look forward to seeing what they will do with guerilla air. :D

#8 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Good move maybe they can take guerilla air in a different direction and bring there sales up. They should gear there tanks to scenario players and make it something for the scenario player and it would be cool to know that all Tiberius stocks will now probably have guerilla air tanks on them

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

my reaction too

#10 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Didn't see that one coming at all. Seriously, WTF?
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#11 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#12 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

#13 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

In my opinion, this acquisition is intended to primarily serve the Less-Lethal side of Tiberius Arms.

Historically, I've heard from several sources that the 13/3K regs included with their Tank in Stock product came from Ninja (I can't confirm because I've never owned one nor, have I asked Ray about this, and if it were true, he probably would not be able to affirm).

Presently, all of their less-lethal offerings (the FN303P sold under FN Herstehl, The T4) are designed to be operated off of CO2. If they wanted to get those customers over to compressed air (like the competing FN303 Rifle), they need to do one of two things: Form a 'teaming agreement' with Ninja (or another tank manufacturer) to provide the regs and support, or get their own tank production and support capability. If they buy their own capability, obviously they get more of the profit in the long run.

I hate to say it but, Less-Lethal customers drive Tiberius Arms. TA provides great customer support (troubleshooting, spares, etc) but, the entire paintball side of the business is riding in the back seat. This is why we rarely see new paintball products from them.
To further illustrate, when I found through several 20 shot, documented, chrono strings, that the original rifled barrel forces T9.1 users to adjust the reg outside of it's optimal adjustment range, and thereby decreasing FPS consistency, Tiberius Arms essentially said, 'the engineers have too many Less-Lethal products to work on for us to investigate this issue'.

Guerilla Air will keep their paintball business but, I bet you there will be no more Ninja regs included with Tiberius products. I also strongly suspect that this is in support of the development of a 'T4.1' which will probably see the light of day in the less-lethal industry first, and the paintball industry later. Regulator design knowledge may also help Tiberius improve the secondary regs built into their guns.

Finally, I've tried both Ninja and Guerilla air regs with my smoothbore T9.0, while shooting First Strike rounds. The Ninja system clearly improved the consistency of the T9.0 while using a LAPCO .690 smoothbore FS barrel. Punkworks testing has also showed the Ninja reg to be more consistent.

#14 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

UV Halo - You bring up some good points. It makes sense that they would acquire GA, not so much for paintball, but for their other less than lethal stuff. Now that you mention it, it makes considerably more sense. Personally, I am glad that YSN Imports no longer owns GA. That makes me really happy, honestly. After the way they treated Dan, and then everyone else from GA, that put them on my shit list. But now, I am wiling to give them another chance.

But, I would disagree with your last sentence in the second to last paragraph. Specifically this: Regulator design knowledge may also help Tiberius improve the secondary regs built into their guns. Since YSN Imports terminated Dan Colby, there has not been anything new from GA. Nothing at all. They have slightly modified something here or there, but Dan was the innovation behind GA. So the knowledge that GA is going to bring to the table with Tiberius isn't going to be anything that they didn't already know before.

#15 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

... I would disagree with your last sentence in the second to last paragraph. Specifically this: Regulator design knowledge may also help Tiberius improve the secondary regs built into their guns. Since YSN Imports terminated Dan Colby, there has not been anything new from GA. Nothing at all. They have slightly modified something here or there, but Dan was the innovation behind GA. So the knowledge that GA is going to bring to the table with Tiberius isn't going to be anything that they didn't already know before.

I agree however, I cannot speak to the knowledge or ignorance of the current staff. However, it may be that even 'average' high pressure air system engineers would have better skills/knowledge than those who designed the Tiberius Reg? Both of these reasons are why I say "may also help".

#16 pbcanada eh

pbcanada eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

You do know that Tiberius arms make less lethal weapons for riot police and military so it's not that surprising

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users