20 replies to this topic

#1 Collby

Collby

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi, I'm Colby and I am 15 years old. I am 5' 11'' maybe 6 foot and weigh 185 pounds...I wouldn't consider myself overweight but I would like to be around 170-ish. I am going to be getting a gym membership and I want to start a diet...can someone give me a day to day strict (1,500 calorie) diet. I also need someone to snack on...maybe water, carrots or something? I start school + high school varsity soccer in mid-august and I want to be around 170 as I said..
I know it's going to be hard for me now that I'm on summer break and have access to all the food in my house that I want.
I need to know some exercises to get the weight off....any help I am thankful for....

-Colby

Would this be something to consider?
Posted Image

Edited by Collby, 03 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#2 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Diets are pretty simple, majority of processed foods are a no no.

I'll let someone who knows what they're talking about finish this. :P
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#3 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

1000 calories a day?
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#4 Collby

Collby

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

1000 calories a day?

Just upp'd it to 1,500.

#5 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Right so here is a simple #1 rule about Calorie "intakes" and what not. Unless it from someone who is sitting front of you actually measuring your body's composition (water mass, fat mass, bones mass, bacteria mass (usually around 60% of your entire weight..) ect ect all the rest) the information you get is a VERY VERY VERY VERY inaccurate source of information.

While I could go on forever about foods and what not, here is a easy rule which works for every other animal on the entire planet.
Look at what your eating.

As long as you do that. you should be able to figure out if you should eat it.
its obvious when you think about it.

Your body is CONSTANTLY removing old cells and renewing them, and to add that extra punch. Once about every 7 years your brain removes some of its mass, and creates new brain cells ( 0, 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, ect ect +/- 1 each year)

Where does your body get New Muscle, brain, heart, lung, liver, intestine, bone, skin cells from?
Well... it comes from what you eat.

So that saying "what you eat is what you are" Is Very, Very true.

Plus Your in the Prime age for Penis Growth.
Do you want to stunt the Growth of your Penis?

Didnt think so. Eat Healthy.

Edited by Eskimo, 04 July 2012 - 09:28 AM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#6 Doctor Hank

Doctor Hank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Once about every 7 years your brain removes some of its mass, and creates new brain cells ( 0, 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, ect ect +/- 1 each year)

your brain loses and makes new cells every day, literally ever hour. the whole concept of your body going through 7 year cycles is a complete myth and has no influence on his diet.

regardless, you are only 15, your metabolism is through the roof at your age. if anything it should be easier for you to lose weight in the summer since the weather is ideal for outdoor activity or anything that gets you out of the house and moving around. most people here will tell you diet is the most important factor and they are correct, however 1500 calories for your age, height, and current weight is actually quite low and, though would likely help you shed a couple pounds fairly quickly, would stall just as soon. just be mindful of what you eat, do not over eat as many americans tend to do, and keep it fairly healthy and you should lose weight no problem. but given your parameters there is no need for some miracle crash diet, just simple, sensible adjustments to everyday eating and activity that will give gradual results

#7 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Im trying to convince the guy now is important. :lol: :rolleyes:

but yes hank is more correct

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#8 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

Dont eat junk food and limit what kind of carbs you eat, do not eat lots of simple carbs. Whole grains are good for you but dont eat alot, try to stick to around 100-150 carbs a day. Eat lean meats such as turky burgers and low fat ham. eggs and veggis are also good for you. When you are hungry drink water first, many people mistake thrist for hunger. fruit and cottage cheese are also good snacks. if your also feeling hungry try coffee, I drink it black and it helps curb my hunger.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#9 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Valid point.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

lol

Turkey bacon, low fat, low carbs, high protein (as much as an egg), it is awesome Posted Image

Watch what you eat, drink a lot of water.

#11 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

bacon

Don't lie, you knew I would find this post.

#12 AJ1337

AJ1337

MEOW :3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

eat normal food... its not hard at all dude, like the OP said look at what you eat, try to drink only water( and a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day) and to consume the most of our calories during lunchtime.
also getting in a gym won't always help you lose weight.. if you hit the gym hard enough you will get heavier( muscle is heavier then fat) and could even get noticably slower running
i suggest you save your gym membership, and take up jogging and sprints, and if you want to get stronger some good old push ups

#13 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

eat normal food... its not hard at all dude, like the OP said look at what you eat, try to drink only water( and a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day) and to consume the most of our calories during lunchtime.
also getting in a gym won't always help you lose weight.. if you hit the gym hard enough you will get heavier( muscle is heavier then fat) and could even get noticably slower running
i suggest you save your gym membership, and take up jogging and sprints, and if you want to get stronger some good old push ups

You dont need a min of 8 glasses. thats a lot because everything that you eat has water in it. Dr. OZ talked about it on his show.

#14 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

I find pullups to be the best thing for strength. I got one that goes on your door for Christmas, I would just do one everytime I passed by it. I went from 2 max to 5 good ones in a few weeks.

#15 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

eat unprocessed foods as much as possiable and in MODERATION

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

bacon

Don't lie, you knew I would find this post.

Posted Image

#17 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

You dont need a min of 8 glasses. thats a lot because everything that you eat has water in it. Dr. OZ talked about it on his show.

Here's a better indicator of hydration. If your pee isn't clear, you need more water.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#18 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well, glass size is not regulated. It's 8 8floz of water or something like that. If you have a large glass or a mug, you don't need to drink 8 of them... Eat a lot of healthy food for you. All the veggies and whatnot. You should be at least consuming 1,800 calories if you live a semi active life. 180 pounds is not bad for 6ft.

#19 wafle

wafle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hey dude, im just gonna explain some things to you to make it real easy! 3500 calories = 1 pound. So if you take off 500 calories everyday of your maintenance calorie intake (2610 calories as the picture says) you would lose a pound per week. Good right? So just by eating 2110 calories every day you will lose a pound every week. But as you said you'll be going to pay a gym membership, you're going to lose fat really easy and fast. With that said, now we go to food. DRINK ONLY WATER. Water is like your best friend, drink a gallon or more per day. Eat chicken, turkey, eggs, oatmeal(only for breakfeast). Buy a lot of fruits, etc. Theres a lot of info over youtube, check out the hodgetwins, they are really funny and they have like a million of videos, you just need to search. So yeah man, thats all i can say, im 15 too and i was kinda fat and wanted to lose some weight and did a LOT of research. Excuse my english, isnt my native language :). Oh also i forgot to say, compound movements ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND TOO! Compound movements are exercises that you use 2 or more muscles to execute the movement, do exercises like bench press, squats, shoulder press, dips, pullups, etc. Focus all your energy on those movements. So thats it man, thats all i can say lol.

#20 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hey dude, im just gonna explain some things to you to make it real easy! 3500 calories = 1 pound. So if you take off 500 calories everyday of your maintenance calorie intake (2610 calories as the picture says) you would lose a pound per week. Good right? So just by eating 2110 calories every day you will lose a pound every week. But as you said you'll be going to pay a gym membership, you're going to lose fat really easy and fast. With that said, now we go to food. DRINK ONLY WATER. Water is like your best friend, drink a gallon or more per day. Eat chicken, turkey, eggs, oatmeal(only for breakfeast). Buy a lot of fruits, etc. Theres a lot of info over youtube, check out the hodgetwins, they are really funny and they have like a million of videos, you just need to search. So yeah man, thats all i can say, im 15 too and i was kinda fat and wanted to lose some weight and did a LOT of research. Excuse my english, isnt my native language :). Oh also i forgot to say, compound movements ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND TOO! Compound movements are exercises that you use 2 or more muscles to execute the movement, do exercises like bench press, squats, shoulder press, dips, pullups, etc. Focus all your energy on those movements. So thats it man, thats all i can say lol.

Here Here
I can't wait till i attend U of I Urbana in the fall so i can get to the gym. I dont have access to alot of the weights that i would like to have. I love pull ups!!

#21 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

your 15 youre growing its good to eat..
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users