• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bush

Bush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone know when they are going to make a new etha bolt? Like I am thinking a techt bolt or something along those lines.

#2 10trackguy

10trackguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Cure 4

#3 Deceiver

Deceiver

Smart Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Cure 4

What? lol

and to OP, I thought at one point when the Etha first came out, some rep said that TechT was in the process of making a bolt

Edited by Deceiver, 04 July 2012 - 07:20 PM.

TechPBSignature.png

Living Legends 3, 4, 5, and 6 

Cya all at LL 7

#4 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Unless they can change how the gun cycles what's the point?

#5 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'd rather see a spring kit to get rid of the vibration.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#6 SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm sure someone is working on makeing a new bolt for the Etha. The issue I found in the short time of owning this marker was the spring is way to heavy. Notice the ping and how heavy the bolt hits. I see in the future a spring kit coming as well for the etha. Its a good marker it just needs some improvements. Spring kit mostly.

Feed back
------>>>>> http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=118414

CHICKEN IN THE COOP ! WHAT?!

#7 Deceiver

Deceiver

Smart Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'd thought that I would bump this to give some news. After milking someone at TechT over email, the guy told me that yes they are working on a bolt for it and its coming out VERY soon

TechPBSignature.png

Living Legends 3, 4, 5, and 6 

Cya all at LL 7

#8 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm sure someone is working on makeing a new bolt for the Etha. The issue I found in the short time of owning this marker was the spring is way to heavy. Notice the ping and how heavy the bolt hits. I see in the future a spring kit coming as well for the etha. Its a good marker it just needs some improvements. Spring kit mostly.

The system is a Dump Valve designed to Overcome FSDO at all costs.
You COULD get a weaker spring, and you COULD Balance the system more.

But then you would have to worry about FSDO and Bolt stick.

Solution? The Vibration on a Etha is negligible when your actually playing, you want a Spoolie that has a smooth shot? Get a MacDev, and Axe/Mini or a Used DM/MacDev/Shocker. The entire point of a Etha was a Mid range spool that puts a paintball down range all the time every time.

Edited by Eskimo, 06 July 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#9 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

The system is a Dump Valve designed to Overcome FSDO at all costs.
You COULD get a weaker spring, and you COULD Balance the system more.

But then you would have to worry about FSDO and Bolt stick.

Solution? The Vibration on a Etha is negligible when your actually playing, you want a Spoolie that has a smooth shot? Get a MacDev, and Axe/Mini or a Used DM/MacDev/Shocker. The entire point of a Etha was a Mid range spool that puts a paintball down range all the time every time.

Well the axe isn't even a spool...

#10 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Pressure Controlled Poppit.
Whatever its the same damn thing to me.

Point of my post: The Etha Isnt a Pretty shooter. Its a Shooter, and it works. dont change the internals so it goes against why it was made. putting the system at risk of bolt stick is WAY more annoying then a bit extra vibration.

Edited by Eskimo, 06 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Citrus Connection

#11 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Pressure Controlled Poppit.
Whatever its the same damn thing to me.

Point of my post: The Etha Isnt a Pretty shooter. Its a Shooter, and it works. dont change the internals so it goes against why it was made. putting the system at risk of FSDO is WAY more annoying then a bit extra vibration.

lol putting a softer spring in the Etha is not going to increase FSDO or bolt stick.

#12 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

lol putting a softer spring in the Etha is not going to increase FSDO or bolt stick.

blah sorry. Should say bolt stick..

It helps bring the bolt back faster and quicker. which is good.
the spring pushed the bolt back, weaker spring. less bolt go Back. as fast.

Edited by Eskimo, 06 July 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Citrus Connection

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

While the Axe isn't called a spool, both the Axe and Etha have bolts that are pushed forward by air against a spring, then that air is stopped, and the spring pushes the bolt back to reset it.

Reducing the pressure of the dump chamber would be the factor in the possibility of FSDO, not changing the bolt or spring. A lighter spring would actually do the opposite, and make FSDO even less likely. A lighter bolt (which is most likely what TechT's working on), wouldn't be any more affected by FSDO, and if a lighter bolt was paired with a lighter spring, that might solve some of the vibration issues people complain about.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#14 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

SO, who on this forum thinks that Jack Wood is a complete idiot?

Anyone? He designed the marker this way for a reason. Do you think you know better than Jack Wood? Because I sure as hell know that TechT DO NOT know better than any designer. 99% of fixes for markers that have TechT parts in them is to remove the TechT parts...

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#15 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Anyone? He designed the marker this way for a reason. Do you think you know better than Jack Wood? Because I sure as hell know that TechT DO NOT know better than any designer. 99% of fixes for markers that have TechT parts in them is to remove the TechT parts...

.... grammer and proper english are your FRIENDS.

that being said, I think a duplicate of the Lurker Bolt for the Axe could be made for the Etha. By remaking the bolt guide with an extra chunk of metal (to be the extra little piece that comes with the Lurker bolt) and actual o-rings between the bolt and bolt guide. I think all of the vibration of the marker has to do with the fact that it's metal on metal rubbing together every time the bolt is moving.

#16 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

Except the Etha doesn't use the same bolt style. The Etha's air source comes from inside the power tube, where a two stage force system is already built in. that's what Lurker does for the Axe, so the Etha bolt couldn't be "Lurkerized," as it sort of already does that.

#17 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

I just mean something to make an air tight seal. Slowing down the forward motion with a vacuum and slowing the rear stroke with an air bubble. Then the o-rings would create that seal for the air bubble and vacuum, and decrease friction. I hate how the metal bolt just slides on the metal of the bolt guide. I don't think every principle of the Axe Lurker Bolt can be carried over, I really haven't thought this through that much lol.

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Except that's the opposite of what the Lurker bolt does for the Axe. It actually speeds up the bolt cycle. The Lurker bolt removes the second outer o-ring to remove the solenoid restriction of the forward speed, and the inner spacer is so that the ID of the bolt is much wider, putting much less force on the bolt until it moves past the spacer.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 07 July 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#19 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

that being said, I think a duplicate of the Lurker Bolt for the Axe could be made for the Etha. By remaking the bolt guide with an extra chunk of metal (to be the extra little piece that comes with the Lurker bolt) and actual o-rings between the bolt and bolt guide. I think all of the vibration of the marker has to do with the fact that it's metal on metal rubbing together every time the bolt is moving.

You spelled Grammar wrong and English should be capitalized. ;)

#20 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

You spelled Grammar wrong and English should be capitalized. ;)

lol at least it can be read and understood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users