15 replies to this topic

#1 psyco junkie

psyco junkie

Mr. Indecisive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

I am thinking about buying an ion (2.0) and upgrading it. The first upgrade I will get is a bolt out back body. I would like some other suggestions and if possible include links. Thanks.
Edit: I also just found an ion xe for the same price as if I were to buy the 2.0 + the BoB body I will be upgrading the asa either way, so which should I go for?

Edited by psyco junkie, 07 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.ansgear.c...allgunextcy.htm just get this.

by the time you get a body kit for bolt out the back, on/off asa, a new feedneck, and maybe a new trigger, plus new regulator and anything else to make it as good as an eXTCy you'll have spent more than the eXTCy itself

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

http://www.ansgear.c...allgunextcy.htm just get this.

by the time you get a body kit for bolt out the back, on/off asa, a new feedneck, and maybe a new trigger, plus new regulator and anything else to make it as good as an eXTCy you'll have spent more than the eXTCy itself

#4 psyco junkie

psyco junkie

Mr. Indecisive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

how many of the ion upgrades fit the extcy...im looking for a gun to make "mine" and just the way I want it...you can get every upgrade imaginable for the ion.

#5 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

how many of the ion upgrades fit the extcy...im looking for a gun to make "mine" and just the way I want it...you can get every upgrade imaginable for the ion.

if your going to buy a 250$ gun and put multiple "upgrades" into it worth hundreds of dollars you'd be better off just buy an old marq or a vice, they both shit on the ion/eXTCy

Edited by LUXOR54, 07 July 2012 - 02:51 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#6 psyco junkie

psyco junkie

Mr. Indecisive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Like I said im just wanting to make it "mine".

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Like I said im just wanting to make it "mine".

if you want to make it "yours" buy a marker and then get it custom lasered or annodized.

#8 psyco junkie

psyco junkie

Mr. Indecisive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Im also only really planning on bolt asa and maybe board ups if I get one so it wont add up to much.

#9 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Im also only really planning on bolt asa and maybe board ups if I get one so it wont add up to much.

how would that make it "yours" then? TONS probably hundreds of ions have upgraded boards and bolts. wouldn't be anything "special" its just another ion. i already gave my suggestions, so i'm done here.

#10 psyco junkie

psyco junkie

Mr. Indecisive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

True I see your point I may go with the extcy and put a color kit on it...

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

True I see your point I may go with the extcy and put a color kit on it...

thats probably going to be the best thing new, but i still would reccomend a used marq over it, just for preformance reasons.

#12 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

1. Get an eXTCy
2. Buy Body Kit Separate
3. Custom Mill Body
4. Install It On EXTCy
5. "Your" Gun

Here's what it would look like
http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=1434236

And if you need CS by GoG reinstall the other stock body kit
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#13 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'd rather find a cheap Ion Xe with some ups, then up what isn't on it.

And people saying get an extcy, you can find FULLY up'd ions for like $250, so no point in buying an extcy.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#14 Calais

Calais

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Avoid the ion and just buy a used bob long marker like a protege, get a few ups like lp poppet, 4c eyes or an oled board and you will have an insanely good marker. You would rather have a shiity marker thats "yours" because you put the same ups a million other people have than own an incredible marker like a protege with some lasering or actual performance upgrades to make it "yours"? Do whatever you want but I would avoid ions and get a true Supergun.
No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature.

#15 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Avoid the ion and just buy a used bob long marker like a protege, get a few ups like lp poppet, 4c eyes or an oled board and you will have an insanely good marker. You would rather have a shiity marker thats "yours" because you put the same ups a million other people have than own an incredible marker like a protege with some lasering or actual performance upgrades to make it "yours"? Do whatever you want but I would avoid ions and get a true Supergun.

Shitty marker? I may not like the ion but it is far from shitty. So stop riding bob longs nuts and be open to seeing what other people want than you want.

And you told him not to get an ion and upgrade it, but you told him to spend more on a different gun, and upgrade it. Fail.

Edited by G4paintballer, 08 July 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#16 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Shitty marker? I may not like the ion but it is far from shitty. So stop riding bob longs nuts and be open to seeing what other people want than you want.

And you told him not to get an ion and upgrade it, but you told him to spend more on a different gun, and upgrade it. Fail.

I applaud your action
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users