8 replies to this topic

#1 Chem. Co 1020

Chem. Co 1020

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

So I do want to hear recommendations on exercise, however, I also want to hear about stretching/warm ups. It can suck to wake up feeling extremely sore, so what stretches can help avoid such a circumstance? And could anything improve agility and stamina when it comes to pop ups, pop outs and endurance?

#2 MaxFishr

MaxFishr

Dick Chappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

No matter what, you are probably gonna be sore after a good hard workout. Protein shakes should help with soreness and recovery, though. RUN (Don't mean sprint for about 30 seconds, but jog about a mile.) before you work out, STRECH after. Look up collge baseball workouts, you will get a good workout out of those. If you hurt, don't be afraid to ice yourself. Good luck in your quest to get mad-jack-swoll.

#3 BMFer

BMFer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

It's not manly, but I started doing yoga to help with joint issues and stretching. It's been great. I really notice a difference in being able to hold a position in paintball, and with my soreness after a day of play. You'll feel like you handed over your sac for awhile, but it's been a great help for me.

#4 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

buy some nitric oxide you wont be sore afterwards if you drink alot of water. It will give you alot of energy and you will be able to play forever without getting tired. Stuff is awesome, I take Gnc Ravage before i do any physical activity. If i go lift weitghts i take it and i can do alot more sets ause you dont get tired. Take 30 min before going to the field youll be able to play like 6 games in a row without youre legs hurting or anything (just drink water).

It works good gives you alot of energy and make you sore. If you take it and work with it it and drink alot of water your good to go.
Posted Image

#5 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

If you have a treadmill at your house, get your equipment and fill up your pods and hopper with paint, and run for as long as you can.

If you don't have a treadmill at your house, do things like squats. I notice that to play some bunkers, you need to squat(for coming over the top at least). Burpies will also be good(start in push up position, bring your legs up so you're squating, then jump, repeat).

Also take a look at your local gym. Mine offers a free program where you can get a guy to make an exercise program for you, it's pretty nice.

#6 Chem. Co 1020

Chem. Co 1020

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

It's not manly, but I started doing yoga to help with joint issues and stretching. It's been great. I really notice a difference in being able to hold a position in paintball, and with my soreness after a day of play. You'll feel like you handed over your sac for awhile, but it's been a great help for me.

Dude, I'm in theatre, handing over my sac is an unspoken given. I had to wear black eyeliner and lipstick once

#7 BMFer

BMFer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Dude, I'm in theatre, handing over my sac is an unspoken given. I had to wear black eyeliner and lipstick once

Then you won't have that macho gag reflex to the idea of yoga. :)
Give it a shot. Aside from losing a ton of weight, yoga has been one of the best physical prep things I've done for paintball.

#8 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

with soreness, just keep it up every day and the first week you will be sore but if you keep it up every day it will get much better and you won't be really sore anymore

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#9 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

buy some nitric oxide you wont be sore afterwards if you drink alot of water. It will give you alot of energy and you will be able to play forever without getting tired. Stuff is awesome, I take Gnc Ravage before i do any physical activity. If i go lift weitghts i take it and i can do alot more sets ause you dont get tired. Take 30 min before going to the field youll be able to play like 6 games in a row without youre legs hurting or anything (just drink water).

It works good gives you alot of energy and make you sore. If you take it and work with it it and drink alot of water your good to go.

hey man nitric oxide doesn't really work too well haha i think you might be feeling the 200mg of caffeine per serving.. and beta alinine and everything else that SHOULD be in a preworkout.. a better one is JACK3d because it cuts out the nitric oxide and other fillers that this one has haha and its cheaper
OFWGKTA

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users