28 replies to this topic

#1 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Well, I will try and not make this a huge straight wall of text.

Here's just a little bit of history before we begin:

I'm 14 almost 15, but that doesn't matter so just 14

All my life I've gone to private Christian schools (2) since I was in kindergarten. I went to one school for six years and then the other for three. However, I haven't been the "sheltered" type that you would commonly see in these types of schools. I have good common sense and "street smarts., as well as book smarts. I'm stupid person in any category, and even the people that don't like me wouldn't argue against that (don't get me wrong though, I'm not full of myself or anything).

Also, I'm Christian, but this rant won't be centered around the whole Christian fact or anything because that's not what it's about.

RANT

Now at My first Private school, which was elementary school, I was young and could not notice the details in people. All I could really tell/notice was who was mean/a jerk and who wasn't.
I'm sure there were the spoiled kids, and all the different categories, but at that time and age one can't really understand/see that in people.

After the fifth grade I moved to a different private Christian school. So im just starting middle school/jr. high at this new school for me. Was it hard to make friends there? YES. By this age I was able to see who was what kind of person. Now these private schools are small and there's no escaping a certain person and there's no staying away from other people like you may be able to do in public school. I was hated because, well..even though I was smart and all, I had bad social skills, I was a jerk and really more of an annoyance that no one liked. by the next year (7th grade) I changed and became this, popular, funny, chill guy that everyone liked and didn't really have a problem with.

later this year I started to realize how most of the people at this school were complete snobs. They are wealthy, get what they want, and are constantly told how smart and capable they are, which puts them in the mind set that they are better than everyone else. To make matters worse, they are surrounded by other kids/people just like them. They have there own life environment and everyone they surround themselves with think just like them and act like them: snotty and proud (in the bad way).

For three years of my life I sort of changed myself to fit in with these other students/kids (remember it's a small school and everyone's mashed together, there is virtually just one type of people (ya know like they aren't really segregated/split apart by how they are & what they do, you don't just get your group of friends and stick with them. everyone interacts with everyone).

the next year I was getting tired of it all and just plane old annoyed at how these other students thought, and what kind of mind set they had. There was always so much tension and headbutting between other students and so called "friends," as you might imagine there would be with a bunch of people like that. They only say they are friends because they are told that they are and are stuck together because in the world of Christian private school, everyone's friends with everyone and life is good and dandy right? Wrong, that's just how the school advertises/implies it's environment to be like. Sounds great right? Not really, no one there knows what a real friend is truly like (of course some probably do, but for the most part, no)

Thank God I'm not sheltered and primped and set far off from reality like they are. I don't look down on every person I meet and I don't judge myself as better than everyone.
Also, these kids tend to not have common sense, or don't know how to act properly in situations that are not their "the world is perfect, and I'm God's gift to the world" life. They may all be book smart, but in life and adaption, they are handicapped. I'm glad and happy I'm not that way. I hate snobs, Imagine having to go to school and interact with almost a whole school of them for three years (I'm sure you can) yeah, it sucks. It was never as welcoming and happy feeling as it claimed to be.

Now I'm going to public school for my high school life ( not a stupid school, one of the highest state testing scores for public schools, literally right under the private school I previously attended). I play water polo, and all the people I've met have been SO NICE and it feels like a much more welcoming environment. I'm enjoying myself so much more here, so far. I have more choice and more opportunity and no bullshit snobs "everyone is best of friends shit" I think my life will feel a bit more relaxed in the belonging somewhere and dealing with snobs category now. I like that hahaha.

Some might say, "you should have stayed in the private school it will be better for you." Well, I disagree. The school is still very good, and i'm having a better social life. I'm not as frustrated with idiotic snobs and I actually get to play the sport I like (water polo)

ANYWAY... this rant was meant to be more organized and have a stronger point, but it's 1:00AM so...meh.

TLDR: Please read it and I'd appreciate if you'd contribute to the thread and make a good conversation.

TLDR#2: I hate snoby "I'm better than you" thinking kind of people, people need to have common sense, not just book smarts, I'm building a life for my self that I like better than what I did before.
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#2 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

I always picture private school kids as those psychopathic kids that always have that weird smile on their face, yet, behind that smile is a set of teeth that are about ready to bite into your vocal cords.

Aside from that though, most kids that I know that have switched from public to private school enjoy the public school more. It may not be the best environment for learning, but book smarts don't mean shit if you don't know how to socialize with people that have radically different lifestyles compared to yours.

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

first bitches these days

Edited by pb=life, 08 July 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#4 Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Hold it down with the AXE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

I don't blame you. I've never went to private school, but cocky kids at my school make me drive up the wall. Kids at my school need an attitude check.

I hate religion. Not saying Christianity is the root of hate or anything, but when you said something about kids being "gods gift" made lol because its so fucking true that people that are religious think that. If my parents ever sent me to a Christian school.....I dont even want to think about it.

Try not to let your social life ruin you. It can really fuck you over soon. You'll see assholes at your school nonetheless.
Empire Axe, Ninja 68/45, Rotor, Empire jersay, Proto pants, Proto 3+4, Events

#5 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I always picture private school kids as those psychopathic kids that always have that weird smile on their face, yet, behind that smile is a set of teeth that are about ready to bite into your vocal cords.

damn dude. Thought we were bros. Posted Image

Edit: the lack of knowledge around the county about religious private schools really, really frightens me.

Edited by Baux18, 08 July 2012 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#6 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

i went to a private school for 6 years, i feel ya bro, switching to public school was the best thing my parents ever did for me and i grew as a person, before i was shy and awarkard now i can make friends with most people and talk to people easily. the snobby rich kids? they just need a good ass kicking haha

#7 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

It might be that we have the largest catholic school system in the country but...the majority of people here go through the catholic school system.

mind you that we live in northeast,north,west philadelphia. We are in no sense rich. You guys who go to public schools most likely have bigger and better things then we do. Thats fine with me. i wouldnt trade it for the world.

but the countrys' view on kids who go to catholic schools absolutely disgusts me.

Our catholic schools dominate the public schools in almost every thing we compete in. (except for shootings and stabings, but if we can catch the public school kids with no weapons. Its over for them)

Sports is no competition and neither is academics. Socially were are just as outgoing and good at talking to people as anyone who would go to a public school.

Please, learn the facts before you judge a huge group of kids nationwide.

please relize i am in no way trying to say we are better then you guys. It just irritates me how fucking uneducated people are on the subject.

Edited by Baux18, 08 July 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#8 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Baux, are you talking to me or pb for life ? Beloved me, I know what the catholic school system is like its pretty big here in California too. I'm just speaking about my previous two schools. Religion was not the main point of the rant, intact I'm very religious and have nothing against it Im a Christian, but that wasnt the point of the rant so let's not go overboard and get this closed
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

i spent 3 years at the Holderness School in NH... one of the top private schools in the country... as such, it attracted a lot of the "power elite" spawn... meaning, rich snobby kids that think they can buy their way through life... hell, we had a senior my freshman year whos parents donated a ton of money for a new building/renovations of the dorms... he didnt meet the qualifications of the school to graduate, yet, he walked with his class becuase his parents pretty much bought his graduation...

now, i didnt read your whole post, but i understand a thing or two and snobby kids... yeah, i come from a family that has a bit of money... but my dad made me work for everything i have/earned... very rarely was i ever just given something just becuase i asked for it... what these private schools fail to realize, and some of the values they fail to instil in these "spawn of the power elite" is that ideal of hard work... when a family can just write a check and their son who is failing still graduates... it shows the kid that money can solve all problems... where as someone like me, who was haveing legit issues at the school, and it reflected in my grades... they simpl ask me to leave, because my dads not rich enough to pay off the school to graduate me... so, life lesson? having to work hard for what you have and where you are is more rewarding in the end then having daddy write checks to bail your ass out all the time... trust me, you are better off... and if you really want to get under the skin of those rich snobs... just remind them that they are lazy, stuck up, rich kids who will grow up to be lazy, maybe rich, stuck up adults... and will become the asshole of society... or, their parents will run out of money and they will end up on welfare...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#10 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

It might be that we have the largest catholic school system in the country but...the majority of people here go through the catholic school system. mind you that we live in northeast,north,west philadelphia. We are in no sense rich. You guys who go to public schools most likely have bigger and better things then we do. Thats fine with me. i wouldnt trade it for the world. but the countrys' view on kids who go to catholic schools absolutely disgusts me. Our catholic schools dominate the public schools in almost every thing we compete in. (except for shootings and stabings, but if we can catch the public school kids with no weapons. Its over for them) Sports is no competition and neither is academics. Socially were are just as outgoing and good at talking to people as anyone who would go to a public school. Please, learn the facts before you judge a huge group of kids nationwide.please relize i am in no way trying to say we are better then you guys. It just irritates me how fucking uneducated people are on the subject.

Are you saying you're better than me?

:dodgy:

Baux, are you talking to me or pb for life ? Beloved me, I know what the catholic school system is like its pretty big here in California too. I'm just speaking about my previous two schools. Religion was not the main point of the rant, intact I'm very religious and have nothing against it Im a Christian, but that wasnt the point of the rant so let's not go overboard and get this closed

Who the hell is pb for life?

#11 badpenny

badpenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Turkey, most of the things you have mentioned about people being snobby, rich or just superficial in general are common observations someone in your shoes is apt to make. You sound like someone who has the capability to take a step back and analyze yourself and be willing to see where you want to improve; that alone will set you ahead of most people in life.

As far as private vs. public, nothing you've described is really a function of the major differences between the two. Some public schools cater to wealthy suburban people who would gladly talk about how brilliant their children are. Many private schools are capable of delivering a solid well-rounded education without sheltering students. You have to take demographics into account. I went to one of the best Catholic, Jesuit high schools in the country and we were basically normal kids, though we did have a reputation for being very well-prepared for college. That was probably due to the 3+ hours of homework everyday, but I digress. We had great teachers who cared about us as people, not just kids who were taking tests. I'm sure many public institutions are the same way, as there are good people everywhere.

Whether you go to a public or private school, you always have the ability to decide what kind of person you want to be and who you want to call friends, so don't limit yourself to making choices based on these affiliations alone.

#12 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hahaha sorry I meant pb= life
Posted Image

#13 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well my cousin started to go to a Christian private school and all he ever talks about is how everyone is sooo welcoming!!! Then i said "we should hang out with your friends!" and theb he said this "oh i dont have any..." so the oh so welcoming christian school isnt that welcoming anymore...(take into consideration that i am christian so i dont have any bias but they dont even teach sex ed
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#14 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Turkey, most of the things you have mentioned about people being snobby, rich or just superficial in general are common observations someone in your shoes is apt to make. You sound like someone who has the capability to take a step back and analyze yourself and be willing to see where you want to improve; that alone will set you ahead of most people in life.As far as private vs. public, nothing you've described is really a function of the major differences between the two. Some public schools cater to wealthy suburban people who would gladly talk about how brilliant their children are. Many private schools are capable of delivering a solid well-rounded education without sheltering students. You have to take demographics into account. I went to one of the best Catholic, Jesuit high schools in the country and we were basically normal kids, though we did have a reputation for being very well-prepared for college. That was probably due to the 3+ hours of homework everyday, but I digress. We had great teachers who cared about us as people, not just kids who were taking tests. I'm sure many public institutions are the same way, as there are good people everywhere.Whether you go to a public or private school, you always have the ability to decide what kind of person you want to be and who you want to call friends, so don't limit yourself to making choices based on these affiliations alone.

Jesuit hs in sacramento?

Hahaha sorry I meant pb= life

Hey! That's me!

#15 badpenny

badpenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

pb=life,

No, in Chicago actually. St. Ignatius.

#16 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I just graduated from a Catholic school (9 years in there), and will be continuing to Catholic Private high school (I'd be in public school if it wasn't for my academic scholarship). I think there are a lot of misconceptions about Catholic schools, but there are probably a lot of misconceptions of public schools. Regardless, I didn't have the "rich, smart, snobby" attitude at my school (the smartest kids were the nicest). Some kids had more of an "I have connections to the public school" attitude. Not all Catholic schools have the rich, snobby type. Heck, around here, Catholic schools are shrinking. I do have some friends who are like that, and it does stink.

I'm excited for my high school. It's radically different from standard Catholic high school, in the fact that it's in the city of Chicago, and draws students from over 100 different zip codes. Granted, the all-boys atmosphere drew me away at first, but I'm alright with it. I know many girls, so it'll be alright. :P

All in all, I hope you have a great high school experience. We're the same age, so feel free to message me whenever you're having high school issues, because I bet I can relate. Haha.
Posted Image

#17 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Turkey, most of the things you have mentioned about people being snobby, rich or just superficial in general are common observations someone in your shoes is apt to make. You sound like someone who has the capability to take a step back and analyze yourself and be willing to see where you want to improve; that alone will set you ahead of most people in life.

As far as private vs. public, nothing you've described is really a function of the major differences between the two. Some public schools cater to wealthy suburban people who would gladly talk about how brilliant their children are. Many private schools are capable of delivering a solid well-rounded education without sheltering students. You have to take demographics into account. I went to one of the best Catholic, Jesuit high schools in the country and we were basically normal kids, though we did have a reputation for being very well-prepared for college. That was probably due to the 3+ hours of homework everyday, but I digress. We had great teachers who cared about us as people, not just kids who were taking tests. I'm sure many public institutions are the same way, as there are good people everywhere.

Whether you go to a public or private school, you always have the ability to decide what kind of person you want to be and who you want to call friends, so don't limit yourself to making choices based on these affiliations alone.

Yes I know what your saying. In this case I'm talking about specifically the second private school I went to and my new public school (which still is good schooling with good teachers). What you are saying is absolutly correct and I agree with you.
Posted Image

#18 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Jarz, I'm sure we would relate in many ways.

The catholic private high schools around here (main two are Damien and st. Lucy's) and they are great schools with great people, so no the snobyness doesn't pertain to everyone that goes to private school. No it's just at my old school.(again can't speak for all other schoenberg) there was a large majority of snobs.

Edited by turkey357, 08 July 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

The only problems I had with my Catholic secondary school was that if you had any sort of Dyspraxia etc apart from Dyslexia (which was the only one they ever picked up on) You were told "You're just being lazy" So I got fucked over on that one.

During my last 2 years, I became an atheist and bloody hell did they give me a hard time. The amount of arguments about "Since I go to a Catholic school I must be catholic" bullshit, like it's the fucking law. Bitch please, if I come to a conclusion on my own with valid reasons as to why. Don't expect me to change my mind just cause you say I must believe in something.

For a "good" school it seemed to attract a lot of the scum of north west London.

All boys.

Fights, fights everywhere. So many fights.

Teachers did fuck all about bullying.

Fucking hell the list just keeps growing as I think about it. I'm just so glad I'm out of that shithole.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#20 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Im sorry i probably did overreact. But in my eyes me, my friends, my family, my community and my childhood were all being insulted. That is something i dont take lightly.
Posted Image

#21 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't really care about what type of school you go to, what your faith is, what your political views are. As long as you aren't a douchebag I'm fine with you. But if you're a douchebag... I won't like you

#22 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

both private schools and public schools get stereotyped, some private schools are harder than other schools but whatever, my school (catholic) does have douchebags as i'm sure every school does. we are not all sheltered jesus warriors, and nobody goes around attempting to convert people, nobody will force their religion on you if you don't force your views/faith on them. simple as that! and if they do try and convert you, that's just plain weird. anybody with common sense won't try and force their views on you.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#23 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

both private schools and public schools get stereotyped, some private schools are harder than other schools but whatever, my school (catholic) does have douchebags as i'm sure every school does. we are not all sheltered jesus warriors, and nobody goes around attempting to convert people, nobody will force their religion on you if you don't force your views/faith on them. simple as that! and if they do try and convert you, that's just plain weird. anybody with common sense won't try and force their views on you.

I agree, and no we arent sheltered Jesus warriors, again, not a rant on religion as I AM religious, it is a rant on Snoby preppy kids
Posted Image

#24 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

Im sorry i probably did overreact. But in my eyes me, my friends, my family, my community and my childhood were all being insulted. That is something i dont take lightly.

Baux, I just want to get this clear, did my OP insult you?
Posted Image

#25 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

The only thing I dont like about going to a private catholic high school is the religion class.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#26 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Baux, I just want to get this clear, did my OP insult you?

well this quote defiantly didnt help.

Thank God I'm not sheltered and primped and set far off from reality like they are. I don't look down on every person I meet and I don't judge myself as better than everyone.
Also, these kids tend to not have common sense, or don't know how to act properly in situations that are not their "the world is perfect, and I'm God's gift to the world" life. They may all be book smart, but in life and adaption, they are handicapped. I'm glad and happy I'm not that way. I hate snobs, Imagine having to go to school and interact with almost a whole school of them for three years (I'm sure you can) yeah, it sucks. It was never as welcoming and happy feeling as it claimed to be.

i do understand schools like that exist where kids are like this. just dont group them with my schools. please.
Posted Image

#27 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

It just irritates me how fucking uneducated people are on the subject.

What do you expect? We went to public school.

Personally, I love Catholic Schools - they're full of tight little sexually repressed hotties in short skirts just waiting for me to set them free...

... with my penis.
Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?
lulzwut?
ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER! CAN YOU TYPE IT?

#28 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

It just irritates me how fucking uneducated people are on the subject.

What do you expect? We went to public school.

Personally, I love Catholic Schools - they're full of tight little sexually repressed hotties in short skirts just waiting for me to set them free...

... with my penis.

I wish I could sig that...
It's amazing.

That is true though. Except the only Catholic school near me is a K-12 school and none of them are hot. Not even the little ones.
Wait.
wut.

#29 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

I too know what you mean, I went to a private school much like yours (very small) for most of my school years. When we moved I insisted I go to a public school
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users