• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

When I eat healthy, I just can't eat enough calories. I eat a lot, more then all my friends, too.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

what?

#3 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Mass gainer shakes. :P
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

One more thing, with loosing weight, is cals burned per daily exercise + BMR - 500 cals a good plan?

#5 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

hahaha someone hasn't heard of nuts!Posted Image
OFWGKTA

#6 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

potatoes!! packed with carbs and cottage cheese and tuna
Posted Image

#7 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

If you aren't hungry,then it shouldn't be a problem.If anything,it is good.

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

Got an idea:

Ive been using an app called Lose It! to track my calories. I'm gonna plan out my days meals to my TDEE.

#9 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

not a good idea for losing weight...

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Speaking of carbs, exactly how much does it affect weight loss? I have a huge craving for some wheat thins. Besides apples and the occasional break on a sandwich, I haven't eaten any high carb foods for 2 weeks.

I'm starting to feel very limited on what I eat, like there's almost nothing. Can anyone list some more stuff?

#11 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Speaking of carbs, exactly how much does it affect weight loss? I have a huge craving for some wheat thins. Besides apples and the occasional break on a sandwich, I haven't eaten any high carb foods for 2 weeks.

I'm starting to feel very limited on what I eat, like there's almost nothing. Can anyone list some more stuff?

Carbs affect diets alot.And food-wise,tortilla wraps can be a good alternative to sandwiches,because they contain less carbs than 2 pieces of bread and can be even better for you if you put healthier things in it.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Speaking of carbs, exactly how much does it affect weight loss?

can someone answer him?

#13 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ok, tell me if this yogurt is good. My mom keeps it in the house.

http://www.livestron...-lowfat-yogurt/

Is it ok to have like 2 everyday?

#14 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Carbs are the must important factor in weight loss! Carbs raise your blood sugar which causes you to store fat. So Simple carbs like sugar raise your blood sugar very fast while complex carbs don't. So if you are trying to just lose fat then low carb diet, around 100 a day depending on the person should do the trick. Now if you are trying to gain muscles then u need to eat more carbs because your muscles need it. After you do a work out it is OK to have some simple carbs because your muscles instantly absorb it.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#15 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Carbs are the must important factor in weight loss! Carbs raise your blood sugar which causes you to store fat. So Simple carbs like sugar raise your blood sugar very fast while complex carbs don't. So if you are trying to just lose fat then low carb diet, around 100 a day depending on the person should do the trick. Now if you are trying to gain muscles then u need to eat more carbs because your muscles need it. After you do a work out it is OK to have some simple carbs because your muscles instantly absorb it.

Thanks for the info. Is it ok then to eat wheat thins, multigrain Cheerios etc. In moderation as a treat? I've got the calorie part covered, but eating bananas and eggs all day makes me feel like shit, so I'm gonna need some stuff to continue eating good. I mean like one serving of something a day.

I may eat it after my runs so it has even less of a chance of affecting my weight loss.

#16 Trailmixorz

Trailmixorz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Where do you get potatoes packed with cottage cheese and tuna??

#17 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

yes, wheat thins are good, and so are cheerios, dont not eat carbs, you will feel like crap and its bad for you. Eat around 100 -150 day if you really want to lose weight quickly and its ok to have treats as it will keep you from eatting alot of bad food if your will power breaks.

Also, if you dont eant enough carbs then you wont be able to work out well either and you wont be able to focus.

#18 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

yes, wheat thins are good, and so are cheerios, dont not eat carbs, you will feel like crap and its bad for you. Eat around 100 -150 day if you really want to lose weight quickly and its ok to have treats as it will keep you from eatting alot of bad food if your will power breaks.

Also, if you dont eant enough carbs then you wont be able to work out well either and you wont be able to focus.

Do just ignore the nutrition facts stating they have lots of carbs?

#19 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Well you need carbs to work out hard and well think. How many carbs do they have per serving? I eat more carbs when i do high intesity work outs then on days i just jog or bike. Use nutrition facts to know were u stand for the day.

#20 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

for example, this morning me and my girlfriend went to ihop for breakfast and i ate alot and put syrup on everything... not healthy at all but since I was doing stump removal right after I knew that it would help me because i would have high blood sugar with protien so i can swing the pickaxe for a long time and hard. I also did over 200 puch ups and Weighted abs just to burn what i ate.... i didnt burn a lot of it but the sugar i did use fast. The rest of the day I ate mostly carb free food like cheese and veggis.

#21 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Alright thanks. Also I had a bowl of Cheerios Multigrain Cereal and maybe 3/4 cup of milk, it seemed more rewarding then the pizza I had last week.

So there's just not many low carb snacks huh? I may end up cooking and reheating veggies when I'm hungry.

#22 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

theres fruit.. the carbs have alow glycimic index so its ok and cheese sticks. And you are right, there are not many at all so veggies will give you more energy. Eggs and lean meats are also good because there are no carbs.

#23 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

theres fruit.. the carbs have alow glycimic index so its ok and cheese sticks. And you are right, there are not many at all so veggies will give you more energy. Eggs and lean meats are also good because there are no carbs.

Thanks. Cheese could also be a little treat after a workout or something.

#24 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

yea, i eat a lot of cheese. since fat doesnt raise your blood sugar and you follow the less cal you take in then your baody burns rule then eating it wont hurt.

#25 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

yea, i eat a lot of cheese. since fat doesnt raise your blood sugar and you follow the less cal you take in then your baody burns rule then eating it wont hurt.

Yeah my calorie intake is actully pretty low. I've been eating almonds to boost it, but cheese sounds tasty!

#26 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

You know processed cheese has alot of unhealthy oils and fats,right?Even the real stuff isn't good for you.

#27 wafle

wafle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hey man, you only looking to lose weight? Or to lose weight and be more strong?... If you want to lose some weight AND be strong, is going to be hard, but you can do it. Heres a perfect video for you

Dont be afraid of carbs man, eating complex carbs(http://www.2buildmus...uscle-fast.html a good list of complex carbs) will keep you full through the day so you will eat less. Make sure eating a good breakfast rich of protein and carbs(like 50g of carbs and proteins). Dont think you are going to lose like 10 pounds on 1 month, losing weight and gaining strenght is easy with a good diet and exercise :)

Edited by wafle, 15 July 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#28 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Fish tacos for sure.
Posted Image

#29 Buckyboy098

Buckyboy098

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

almonds,cashews, macadamias, pistachios,pecans and walnuts to snack on there packed with vitamins and you can sneak in some time as chocolate covered and still be good but be careful the calories really build up fast.

#30 Tyler Boyd

Tyler Boyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

One more thing, with loosing weight, is cals burned per daily exercise + BMR - 500 cals a good plan?

This equation would equate to 1lb of fat lost per week because 1lb of fat=3500 calories which is a typical weight loss plan.

Heres the down and dirty truth with weight loss nutrition. You have 3 basic types of foods proteins, carbs, and fats.

Cutting down on one of those is going to help with weight loss the most. Which one? Fats DUHH! Fatty foods make you fat! Not saying that you can't have any fats at all their are things called essential fatty acids so you should eat some fat just not a whole lot.

Now onto carbs, they are absolutely essential if you are going to be working out and dieting. The problem with carbs is that if you don't work out then it is stored as fat as others have pointed out. Your meal right after working out should contain the highest percentage of carbs out of all of your meals.

Now last but most certainly not least important proteins. My biggest problem while cutting is my appetite, that's where protein steps in it helps to fill you up and keep that full feeling longer. Also it is essential to rebuilding muscle after working out. One of my secrets is to eat some beef jerky before working out because it takes 30-40 minutes for protein to be absorbed and it gave me a little extra boost pre workout. Jerky is also 97% fat free so it's awesome to snack on through out the day.

Hope that helps! And remember keep focused and set short term goals and a long term goal and DO NOT QUIT!

GL bud

#31 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

You know processed cheese has alot of unhealthy oils and fats,right?Even the real stuff isn't good for you.

Nothing is good for you these days and i only eat the real stuff, i hate processed. I just love cheese but it hasnt hindered me because i eat very lean meat so overall my daily intake is not high.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users