• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

First off, I'm a complete noob to autocockers. I just received a wgp Autococker prostock from a friend but the little rubber tube in the front (idk what they're called) is broken. Can I replace just the tube or should I buy a whole new thing up front? I have no idea what any of that stuff is or what its all called. I only have experience in tippmans. Help me out if you can! Thanks!

It's a 2004

#2 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yes, you can replace the tubes.
It's 1/8" pneumatic tubing, or Autococker LP hoses, or autococker LP line. Ask your local paintball store for something like that and they should have it.
Many online stores will have it too.

http://www.ebay.com/...autococker hose

McMaster-Carr carries it too, item# 5648K23.
It costs less than a dollar a foot, but shipping from them is expensive.

#3 P51

P51

..you want mirrion dorrar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

You could always put a pump kit on there instead... ;)

Success is my only mothafuckin' option, failure's not
P51's Feedback

#4 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

You could always put a pump kit on there instead... ;)

I hate to say it, but if you only have worked on Tippmanns before, I would turn the 04 prostock into a pump. It's gonna give you more headaches than it would be worth to you.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#5 Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Hold it down with the AXE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Just turn the thing into a pump. Prostocks are great for pump conversions since they're so easy. Some Autocockers require you to completely take apart the pneumatics and it's a pain in the ass. 04s don't.

Edited by Mocking Da Bird, 08 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Empire Axe, Ninja 68/45, Rotor, Empire jersay, Proto pants, Proto 3+4, Events

#6 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yes, you can replace the tubes.
It's 1/8" pneumatic tubing, or Autococker LP hoses, or autococker LP line. Ask your local paintball store for something like that and they should have it.
Many online stores will have it too.

http://www.ebay.com/...autococker hose

McMaster-Carr carries it too, item# 5648K23.
It costs less than a dollar a foot, but shipping from them is expensive.

It's really that easy? I can buy those tubes off eBay and just connect it on there?

#7 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

If it doesn't work out guys I'll try out the pump but expect me back with questions if I do. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

#8 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

No need to pump it. If you keep it as a mech you can ask all the questions you want here. An even better resource is Custom Cockers Forum.

#9 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

No need to pump it. If you keep it as a mech you can ask all the questions you want here. An even better resource is Custom Cockers Forum.

What pneumatics would you recommend?

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

keep it stock until it poops out on you

#11 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

I don't have the slightest bit of knowledge about pnuematics. I'd suggest keeping them stock.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

they are $100, so I would not mess around with them to keep from spending that money.

#13 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

pump pump pump pump

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#14 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Nooooo stop telling people to pump!!!! Let them ease into it please. Having people play pump to start when they don't know how to play is terrible.

The pnuematic hose is fairly simple to replace. You find the hose online at macroguy.com/oringmonkey.com/palmerpursuitshop.com and cut the tips straight. Use pliers to pull the old tubing off and put your new tubing in. Do you know which hose needs to be replaced?

#15 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Nooooo stop telling people to pump!!!! Let them ease into it please. Having people play pump to start when they don't know how to play is terrible.

The pnuematic hose is fairly simple to replace. You find the hose online at macroguy.com/oringmonkey.com/palmerpursuitshop.com and cut the tips straight. Use pliers to pull the old tubing off and put your new tubing in. Do you know which hose needs to be replaced?

I would agree that he should replace the hoses and see if that fixes the gun, since that would be cheapest, but what's wrong with starting out playing pump?

#16 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yea it's the longer one that pops out the front

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users