5 replies to this topic

#1 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Title does it?
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

No, it doesn't, it gives the paintball a flatter flight path once it leaves the barrel and after it drops towards the ground upon hitting the rubber flap. That's one thing I like better about the flatline than the Apex, you don't have to tilt your marker back when shooting the flatline, but you do with the apex. If you don't tilt your marker back with the apex turned on, you run the risk of repeatedly shooting the ground, because the paintballs take a big dip when they leave the barrel.

#3 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

No, it doesn't, it gives the paintball a flatter flight path once it leaves the barrel and after it drops towards the ground upon hitting the rubber flap. That's one thing I like better about the flatline than the Apex, you don't have to tilt your marker back when shooting the flatline, but you do with the apex. If you don't tilt your marker back with the apex turned on, you run the risk of repeatedly shooting the ground, because the paintballs take a big dip when they leave the barrel.

I think I am going to take mine off I have a hard time playing speedball with it.

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,932 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

The apex tip is definitely not something you'd want to use in the fast paced environment of speedball. The Apex is more meant for woodsball, which is a slower, more relaxed pace, where you have time to adjust the tip and aim your shots, and to mess around with the settings. You don't have the time on a speedball field to use the apex tip to it's fullest potential, and will do just fine without it, since the fields are generally smaller. I mean heck, you can see your opponents when you start on a speedball field. On most woodsball fields, you have a short hike before you can see your opponents, let alone engage them.

#5 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

The apex tip is definitely not something you'd want to use in the fast paced environment of speedball. The Apex is more meant for woodsball, which is a slower, more relaxed pace, where you have time to adjust the tip and aim your shots, and to mess around with the settings. You don't have the time on a speedball field to use the apex tip to it's fullest potential, and will do just fine without it, since the fields are generally smaller. I mean heck, you can see your opponents when you start on a speedball field. On most woodsball fields, you have a short hike before you can see your opponents, let alone engage them.

I also have issues on fields using tile because my apex is exposed before I can even turn.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

The Apex appears to decrease accuracy because of the arc-less shot, so you notice deviation from the expected trajectory more.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users