• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

All right. For turney paintball and airball, what ever you call it, what is the best way to develop skills like running and gunning, breakout dives, and overall speed? I for some reason have an image in my mind of everyone but me having a rock steady stream during running and gunning; getting kills of the break every game, this cant possibly be true? Being 14 and fully supported by my family, how do I get better? Also what and how do local clinics go down? How do you develop better skills as a player?

Edited by K1NGofTH3farW3ST, 09 July 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

the best way to get faster is training just by running aswell as weight training. to get better as a player see if your field has a team practise night or something of that nature. playing against players better than you only helps you get better because you get your ass kicked based on what you are doing wrong. and when that happens you begin to get better in those areas and then get better as a whole.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 Lyco

Lyco

Barrel Tag!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

All skills just need practice, except for speed. Any coach worth their while can tell you that you can't train fast, either you are or you aren't. What you can do though is train as if you are running distance based races so you can maintain a faster speed longer. Long story short is this, talk to local players that seem to know what their doing and join your schools cross country and track teams.
I only spray and pray when I'm using febreze in the church of pump.

If you want a photo shopped image of your marker post Here.

#4 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

You can't train for speed? That's a pretty big falsehood there.

All the ideas above are good. You want to follow an athlete sports program, that emphasizes speed, agility, and of course endurance. You need power as well, but nowhere near the amount required for some other sports (football for example).

Endurance is simple to train, but takes the longest amount of time each week to work on, long distance running works fine, but also mix in sprints to build short term muscular endurance vs. cardiovascular endurance (long distance running).

You can absolutely train for speed, and any trainer TRULY worth their while will tell you that. Unfortunately there are so few good trainers out there mixed in with all the bad ones. Genetics play a part in how fast you are, but everyone can get faster.

1) Lose weight... lighter = faster
2) Do exercises for lower body and core explosively. Box jumps, sprints, do anything you would do faster (watch for injuries, be safe - warm up well).
3) Build muscle, muscle (fast twitch muscle specifically) is how you build explosive speed.
4) SPRINT, SPRINT, SPRINT

Warm up well and then sprint for 30 seconds, jog/walk for 30 seconds, and repeat. Mix that up with shorter rest periods, and even shorter sprints eventually. You are training for fast breakouts, fast runs for short distances, and explosions of speed. Just like you'll need in paintball.
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#5 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Endurance:
I'm a little younger than you, and I just started training for endurance by myself 2 weeks ago. In those 2 weeks, I already shaved 2 mins off my mile time. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is what I've been doing. Sprint 30 secs, jog 45, sprint 30, etc. In the beginning I had to Sprint then walk, but I got it down to Sprint/Hard Jog.

Speed:
Wind Sprints. Go to a football field, soccer field, etc. (somewhere from 80-120 yards) and sprint across at 110% effort, and walk back. Repeat.

Running and Gunning:
Put all your equipment on and and practice staying aimed at one thing while running.

Breakout Dives:
Practice makes perfect.

#6 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

If you can, whenever you see some of your friends on Facebook, talk to them and go with them. You might suck (if you don't already play) but it's a fun way to get in shape and learn a new sport.

The Bacon Man and Darthdoug said everything else needed to be said.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#7 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Ive been playing for a while now but ive just been trying to progress and get better but this seems like something ill try thx a lot! hell maybe soon ill be something big, hopefully

#8 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Practice, practice, practice. Only so much can be done in the gym for paintball, if you're serious about it, sure, run, work out, do speed training and all that stuff and it will definitely help. At the same time nothing beats going to the field as much as possible and drilling, practicing running and gunning sideways, forwards, etc.

#9 QLC459

QLC459

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Join the high school track team. Try and become a sprinter as the drills focus on explosive speed and you still have to run distance along with the rest of the team.

#10 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

For endurance, nothing beats long distance running. Take your time when you start out, and slowly build. Sprint workouts (if you joined the sprints team for track) will get you to your bunker fast as a rocket, but if you are too tired to bump again when you get there, it won't do you any good. Cross Country is probably the best sport to join if you want to gain the speed you need and more endurance than you can ever hope for. If there isn't a serious team you can join, start training for a 5K race (3 miles). I can attest to the endurance you will be gaining, an easy run for me is 6 miles at 6:30/mile! At your age, work up to running 4-5 miles as an easy day and 9-10 miles on a long day. Don't forget to time yourself! Make sure you hit a consistent pace that you can keep up for the entire run, as that will help you build endurance faster and make your entire run count.

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

1. do plyometrics.
2. become usain bolt
3. win
Posted Image

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

While I do like what everyone is saying, especially the XC (cross country) and track aspects, the best sport for gaining endurance is swimming. Does swimming help with paintball in anyway besides endurance? No...but you will be in the best physical shape of your life if you have a good swim program. As for the running and gunning and other drills, YouTube is your friend.  

Proud member of the United States Air Force

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users