• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Atomicvole

Atomicvole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

This happened to me, I had purchased a TechT Hush bolt for my 08 Spyder Electra.
(Yes the velocity went up by 15FPS and my teammates say the sound signature is not so abrupt)

After practice I found my ball, spring and detent screw missing from the bolt - the pin, fortunately, did stay in the bolt.
This not a fault of TechT, but would be my fault as I was the last to have monkeyed with it.

I went to Ace Hardware and picked up the following:
m6x6 1.00 pitch Setscrew
Chrome ball bearing 3/16"
#1 compression spring 1 5/16" long 5/32 wide .023 wire

I purchased two of everything, except the spring, just one sprig.
I paid 65 cents for each setscrew, 20 cents for each ball bearing, and 60 cents for the spring.

Cut the spring at one end about 4 coils in.

Inserted the retaining pin in the bolt, dropped in the ball bearing, dropped in the cut spring, Finished end against the ball bearing, used blue Loctite on the threads of the set screw and then screwed it in (MAKING SURE NOT TO CROSS THREAD IT)

Screw the set screw in far enough to have good tension on the pin, but not to much as it will lock the pin in place.
Probably give it some time for the blue Loctite to set up properly before using.

Yes I am sure Kingman will get me the parts, maybe even for free (I am waiting for their replay on this issue)
I wanted the darn thing replaced today!
I now have extra parts to keep in the too kit along with my extra o-rings, just in case my 08 Electra decides to be finicky - I'll be as ready as I can be.

Hopefully this may be of use to others.

#2 VitalSigns

VitalSigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well, if it popped out once it will most likely do it again. I think it is a good short term solution, but i think in the long term you may want to get a new one.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#3 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

pics?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users