Photo

Wait for valken proton vs buy something already out there?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

I know the marker isnt out yet but i like the design the company and the price...although the question is in the title...any opinions guys?

#2 lolcatzombie

lolcatzombie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I heard that the proton is going to be a copy of the mokal aura which wasn't that great so I'd say buy something else

#3 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

The proton is just an Aura, so if you want one go buy it.
There aren't too many reviews about it on the internet, but from what I've heard it's a great marker for the price.

#4 kickbutt with a Mini

kickbutt with a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

it sucks balls like wolf

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

it sucks balls like wolf

lol

#6 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Holy crap i didnt thInk anyone was gonna post on this. Well it is pretty much going to be a aura.. Although from what valken is promoting they changed more than the milling... The board, bolt , millIng, a better trigger, is all going to be modified so i guess its an uPgraded aura. The only other options that i seem to like is the gog extcy, dp fx fusion, and the azodin zenith.

#7 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Here come the extcys.
(And you forgot to say rail :P)

#8 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well you gotta take the extcy for what it is... And it really isnt THAT bad.. The rail boasts alot of thing but effIciency isnt one of them. If the rail had a reasonable dwell to make it more efficient then i dont think that there would be a competition in the 300$ range cuz the proto would probobly blow everthing away. The proton offers macroless design, decent effIciency if it is close to what the aura is and isnt plastic....and Isnt as tiny as an empire mini

#9 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

what makes you think the proton will be efficient?

#10 lp04

lp04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

I had an aura when it first came out. I got around 1700 balls off a 68/45. My only complaint was the board programming. Valken has fixed this. So I put in an order for a proton. My aura shot just as smooth as my Droid did. Was lighter and felt better.

Overall a great design on the gun just the PSP mode sucked. It has been fixed and I will be happy to rock a proton

#11 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Valken historically makes cheap plastic goods, but they have recently been trying to make noticable stuff ( V-max ) I would get the rail if I were you, but if you want to be the test subject please tell me how good it is.

#12 npg23

npg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

With the proton you can change modes quickly on the field so if you are a woodsballer go with that. A friend of mine just got the mini and it shot really well but the trigger has some side-to-side play on it and it isnt that accurate but it is quiet and smooth. I have heard some great stuff about the proton and am probably going to go with that but if i can get a mini cheaper i will go with that. Both are amazing.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users