• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

After selling my drumset, and moving, I'm going to have a good amount of spare cash in hand (parents are paying me since I can't work,since I'm helping pack for our move). Basically, my monitor is like a 17 inch square, and I hate it. I like widescreens. But I figure I don't have a tv, and we'll be getting some new DISH stuff after the move, so if i just get a nice TV, and can use it as dual purpose. My question to you guys is what size is good for use as a monitor? I was looking at about 24" or so. I want full 1080p, with 2 or so HDMI ports, as well as the computer port. Was looking to spend about 200-250. Brands such as Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Sony, not anything too cheap. Any suggestions?

#2 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

Asus makes a kick-ass 24" monitor with 1080p, HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs. Also a 2ms response time. http://www.tigerdire...0492&CatId=4420
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

This is the one I use. They use them for MLG lans so it's pretty good. It's not terribly expensive either.

#4 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

I would look into an ASUS pro monitor (24"= $230) has a 6ms response time, but is colour accurate along with being properly calibrated for colour accuracy. It's an IPS panel, which is higher end, and has DVI, VGA, HDMI, and Display Port.
A kick ass monitor.
Also, you won't notice the difference between 2ms and 6ms, except that the one they recomend (which I also do too, it's a great monitor) has some ghosting especially with nVidia cards.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#5 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

I love Asus... But my only problem with these is that they only have 1 HDMI port, and I'm looking for something with two, so I can hook up my DISH receiver and possibly my PS3. I already have plans to hook up my PS3 on another tv in the new house, but my dads looking to get another one so we can hook it up in my room. This is why I was looking at TV's instead of actually desktop monitors. Are there any HDMI splitters? Like plug in one, and has multiple on the other side? Im not even sure if that would work? I doubt it. Anyways, I'll probably go with the first one you guys showed me. Any other input is still useful, im not ordering for a couple weeks. Thanks dudes

#6 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Their actually is splitters available.
And a HD TV will look like shit if your sitting close, like 3-5 feet will still look like total shit.
It's just cause TVs actually use lower quality panels, so when viewed from a close distance, they don't look good.
No monitor has dual HDMI, that I've seen.
If your plugging a computer in, you can get an adapter (HDMI to DVI) that would work.

But I think that you want to plug in a Dish (Satelite tv?) and a PS3? Right?
So I'd advise to get a TV then, but don't site close, sit 7-10 feet away.

Edited by Blade of grass, 12 July 2012 - 05:12 PM.

48fhih.png

#7 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thanks, that pretty much sold me right there, cause if its gunna look like shit from a foot away Ima have problems, cause I use mouse and keyboard, not controller with my PC gaming. Also the HDMI I guess isn't really a big deal, since the 2nd PS3 isnt even close to guaranteed. But I think the Dish receiver is. Which means I only need one HDMI slot. Help is much appreciated guys!

#8 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Even if you need two or three HDMI just get the spiltter. But if not get some adapters.

And no problem for the help

48fhih.png

#9 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Alright guys, just to let you know, Im ordering the Asus VE248H. I dont think its all that different from the 247. Seems its a true 24" vs the 23.6 of the 247. Thanks for all the advice!

#10 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I would have suggested a Dell Ultrasharp, but too late I guess.
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#11 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

I recently upgraded my monitor to a 24" ASUS monitor (Model # VS248H-P). Got it for $189.99 and absolutely love it.

http://www.newegg.co...53&Tpk=VS248H-P

Edited by MurphMan, 29 July 2012 - 02:21 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users