• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey, I have a 98 Custom Platinum series gun. What would be some good upgrades for it? I plan to get a better gun later on and use this as backup.

#2 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

just keep it as it is, no upgrades are really going to boost this guns performance. just save your money and buy a better gun like you stated.
Posted Image

#3 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

Oh okay.

#4 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Assuming you are new, upgrade your mask loader tank and padding to high grade gear before your gun
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#5 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

I am. What padding? I don't wear any.

#6 DHaggerty

DHaggerty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

The flat line barrel adds a ton of distance to your shots but if it's just going to be your backup I might not get it

#7 chris4403

chris4403

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I am. What padding? I don't wear any.

He means knee and elbow pads and make sure you have the best mask you can afford.

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

The flat line barrel adds a ton of distance to your shots but if it's just going to be your backup I might not get it

I'd recommend the Apex 2 over it, basically an adjustable flatline. Only get it if you will play in the woods a lot.

#9 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

I mostly play woodsball and whatever setup other than speedball but I do some speedball if there is nothing else or my friends want to play. The one is like a wannabe pro but he is pretty good especially in speedball so I'm dragged into that too. That's why I'm havin trouble with what gun I want as primary. Like 10 people on here have said get the GoG Ecstacy (however its spelled) bec I asked what is similar or better than his gun which is invert mini.

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I mostly play woodsball and whatever setup other than speedball but I do some speedball if there is nothing else or my friends want to play. The one is like a wannabe pro but he is pretty good especially in speedball so I'm dragged into that too. That's why I'm havin trouble with what gun I want as primary. Like 10 people on here have said get the GoG Ecstacy (however its spelled) bec I asked what is similar or better than his gun which is invert mini.

The GoG eXTCy is going to be the best new gun until you get to $450 plus. Get it, it will dominate in the woods and speedball fields. I wouldn't get an Apex,though. Kinda ruins the point of having fun by running up to everyone to shoot them.

#11 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Oh okay.

#12 pbcanada eh

pbcanada eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

i wouldent put to much money into it the most i would do is get a better barrel and maybe an e triger

#13 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

i wouldent put to much money into it the most i would do is get a better barrel and maybe an e triger

Thought about an E-Trigger but maybe should just keep it as mechanical for backup.

What type of barrel? No Apex.
What about Cyclone Feeder? Seems decent.

#14 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thought about an E-Trigger but maybe should just keep it as mechanical for backup.

What type of barrel? No Apex.
What about Cyclone Feeder? Seems decent.

Don't do anything, 98C's are money pits.

The cyclone is worse than any other loader.

#15 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Oh crap. I didn't know.

#16 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Oh crap. I didn't know.

Yeah some people put hundreds of dollars in upgrades into it, and it still shoots the same.

Cyclone: Extra money for something that is a blender, and can't be used on any gun you upgrade to.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 15 July 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#17 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Oh crap. I didn't know.

Yeah some people put hundreds of dollars in upgrades into it, and it still shoots the same.

Cyclone: Extra money for something that is a blender, and can't be used on any gun you upgrade to.

Okay thanks. So just keep the same.

#18 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Okay thanks. So just keep the same.

Yes

#19 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Yeah don't get ANY upgrades for it save up and buy another gun. The only reason to upgrade it is if you were never going to buy a new gun and all you did was play rec ball with your friends.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#20 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yeah don't get ANY upgrades for it save up and buy another gun. The only reason to upgrade it is if you were never going to buy a new gun and all you did was play rec ball with your friends.

I do intend to upgrade to GoG Extcy. Right now i have 98C, VL Orion, PMI Black Maxx, and a Mokal Mirage.

#21 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

dont get anything new for it, keep the stock barrel, keep everything stock. keep it mech, tippmann electronics (From what i have seen/experienced [crossover excluded[) suck, and break easy.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#22 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

I do intend to upgrade to GoG Extcy. Right now i have 98C, VL Orion, PMI Black Maxx, and a Mokal Mirage.

So here is what I would do. Sell the VL, PMI, and the Mokal. Put that money towards your Extcy and keep the 98c as your only gun until you can buy your Extcy. But before that you need to make sure you got good equipment, this may seem like a never ending road of money but it does end, don't worry. Make sure you got a good mask, 2 hoppers (one can be shake and shoot for the 98c) the other should be an electronic hopper. Whilst you have your E-hopper you can use it on your 98c instead of your shake and shoot but once you get your Extcy then put it on there. Next you want to make sure you have a good HPA tank(s) for your gun(s) 68/4500's are the most common and hold the best amount of air while not being to big or too small. Then once your done that you have to do one more thing. Get good soft goods. Then get your Extcy. If I missed anything perhaps somebody else can let me know.

#23 FeFF

FeFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

I won a 98c at the field the other day and will keep it as my back up marker.
The only upgardes I think are worth buying are the new flatline barrel that threads in. The rocket cock ( just keeps dirt and paint out of the insides ) and maybe a regulator if your willing.
But because its a tippmann money pit I did it this way... I went on eBay and found a gun with all the upgrades I wanted and bought it. I won a very newish gun with all that for 80.00, the price of a flatline. Now ill sell the rest of this items gear with a standered barrel. Standard air etc and make 50.00 back.

I play almost all woods ball and understand why the tippmann. Easy durable and none macanical is Awsome in a pinch...

I also have a extcy so if you have any questions just ask... Beyond love this gun!

#24 FeFF

FeFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Ps don't buy a cyclone upgrade. More trouble then needed. If you want a upgrade buy a bt4 rip drive. 100 times better. That's its you have the electronic trigger.

If not there's no real need for anything more then the good old gravity feed hopper.

#25 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thank you. I also have the diablo ar-1. Yeah I have a few. Like Will I be able to keep up with the invert mini and guns similar? Bec my friend who I play with has one and some of his friends have some good ones too and I want to be able to keep up. The only newest I been against was some super expensive guns playing against some pros and some ppl that have the x7 phenom

Edited by Loungin, 16 July 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#26 FeFF

FeFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

A stock extcy does 21 bps with a good hopper. I then bought a freak barrel kit. As everyone says the next gun with buying is 450.00+
Glad to say she is able to easly keep up lol

#27 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

What hopper goes with it? And how much is a freak kit?

#28 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

What hopper goes with it?
Any of your choosing (has to electric)

And how much is a freak kit?
Not worth it on any markers unless you have a cocker to (insert your marker's barrel threding here) thread adapter.

Edited by kingJurzy, 16 July 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#29 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Oh so don't bother with the freak kit?

#30 FeFF

FeFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I bought mine no where neer msrp. I'm a eBay / craiglist whore so I only paid 20.00 on eBay for the barrel kit. It's a matter of opinion on wether you love it or hate it. I love it.
Hoppers just need to be electric. At least a halo, EVO 2/3 you can get better hoppers then those but a gun for 250 nothing more needed.

#31 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Dont listen to the other people. Half of them probably dont even own a 98c. And they are only money pits if you get crazy with them. The rule of thumb upgrading these is stay away from plastic crap like mags,shrouds,and other body kits that dont do anything to help your gun except for add weight. I suggest getting a longer barrel, or an apex tip.If you really want you can get a stock and remote line if you think thats more comfortable for you. But my number one upgrade i think you should get if you dont have already is a hpa tank and a good mask. Hope this helps.

Ohio Raiders 

#32 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Here's what I'd do: Keep the eXTCy in the back of your mind; focus on other gear first.

- Get the best mask you can afford. Popular choices are Empire E-Vents, JT Proflex's, Dye i4's, Empire E-Flex's, Sly Profits, V-Force Grillz, V-Force Profilers, and more. Try them on to see which ones you like best.

- Buy a good electronic loader. For the most bang for your buck, I'd recommend the Invert TOO.

- Get yourself an HPA tank. I'd highly recommend you get a carbon fiber tank now, because you'll want one eventually, and it's better to skip buying a steel one first. The 68/4500 is the most popular size, and I'd recommend the Ninja 68/45, but Empire makes a great basic carbon fiber tank that's a little cheaper.

- If you don't already have one, a pod pack is great. I love the Empire React 2012 pack, but there are tons of good ones. Don't forget pods, though!

- Grab some elbow and knee pads. Planet Eclipse makes awesome pads, in my opinion, but I hear good things about Dye, Empire, and Sly also.

By now, you should have all of the gear you need, and you can upgrade to the eXTCy and have great gear to go with it. Here are some other pieces of gear I like to use, though.

- Paintball pants are a great, durable piece of apparel that have become something I can't play without. I wear Empire Prevails, and I love them (I loved the price, too), but there are many more paintball pants with varying styles and prices.

- A jersey is a great piece of equipment. Eclipse makes a great jersey, but so many more are out there too.
Posted Image

#33 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Just keep it stock man.

Barrels do nothing. Freak, longer barrel, etc. All the same. A long barrel actully can decrease range.

The cyclone sucks. Blender that doesn't feed good and can only be used on tippies.

You will NOT get ANY more performance by upgrading it. I highly recommend you listen to Jarz.

#34 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Here's what I'd do: Keep the eXTCy in the back of your mind; focus on other gear first.

- Get the best mask you can afford. Popular choices are Empire E-Vents, JT Proflex's, Dye i4's, Empire E-Flex's, Sly Profits, V-Force Grillz, V-Force Profilers, and more. Try them on to see which ones you like best.

- Buy a good electronic loader. For the most bang for your buck, I'd recommend the Invert TOO.

- Get yourself an HPA tank. I'd highly recommend you get a carbon fiber tank now, because you'll want one eventually, and it's better to skip buying a steel one first. The 68/4500 is the most popular size, and I'd recommend the Ninja 68/45, but Empire makes a great basic carbon fiber tank that's a little cheaper.

- If you don't already have one, a pod pack is great. I love the Empire React 2012 pack, but there are tons of good ones. Don't forget pods, though!

- Grab some elbow and knee pads. Planet Eclipse makes awesome pads, in my opinion, but I hear good things about Dye, Empire, and Sly also.

By now, you should have all of the gear you need, and you can upgrade to the eXTCy and have great gear to go with it. Here are some other pieces of gear I like to use, though.

- Paintball pants are a great, durable piece of apparel that have become something I can't play without. I wear Empire Prevails, and I love them (I loved the price, too), but there are many more paintball pants with varying styles and prices.

- A jersey is a great piece of equipment. Eclipse makes a great jersey, but so many more are out there too.

^This.

Just keep it stock man.

Barrels do nothing. Freak, longer barrel, etc. All the same. A long barrel actully can decrease range.

The cyclone sucks. Blender that doesn't feed good and can only be used on tippies.

You will NOT get ANY more performance by upgrading it. I highly recommend you listen to Jarz.

I second that.

#35 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Okay thanks. I was looking at the dye rotor, that a decent choice?

#36 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yup, Rotor, Prophecy and Pinokio are great.

#37 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I love the Z2, but that's just me.
Posted Image

#38 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I love the Z2, but that's just me.

I love my original Prophecy. I got the LTD kit for $130. $20 speed feed, $20 lid, $40 in extra shells, $80 LTD upgrade, and the plain old Prophecy was going for $120... $110 in savings.

#39 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sounds good.

#40 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

The only upgrade for the 98c I would get is the apex barrel because it adds a lot more distance to your shots.

Ohio Raiders 

#41 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

The only upgrade for the 98c I would get is the apex barrel because it adds a lot more distance to your shots.

10% isn't that much, and at 340ft, if you were lucky enough to hit something the chances of it breaking are next to nothing.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#42 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ever heard of suppresive fire?

Ohio Raiders 

#43 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Please enlighten me.

#44 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Please enlighten me.

shit is about to get interesting.

#45 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Please enlighten me.

shit is about to get interesting.

#46 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Please enlighten me.

I'M NOT AFRAID OF A TEN YEAR OLD GIRL!!!

Edited by epic woodsballer, 27 July 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Ohio Raiders 

#47 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Please enlighten me.

YOU SHOULD BE!!!

#48 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Shit got real up in here. Shit bro.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#49 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Please enlighten me.

YOU SHOULD BE!!!

COME AT ME!!!!

Ohio Raiders 

#50 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sooo flatline and a decent hopper?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users