• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

My 2 cents. Don't upgrade it. It's not going to do much for your gun.

I assume your set on getting the extcy, but please try other guns in the similar price range, you might like something different.

What I'm going to tell you to do is get a decent mask. That's the first thing you should get. Then, get what you want from there. You don't need to follow a specific buy order. Get what you want next. Most people will say mask -> hopper -> gun -> pads But just do what you want. I'd say mask -> gun -> hopper

If you play in the woods, don't worry about buying pads. I'd get paintball pants instead, you can get a pair of Valken Fates for $40 bucks, Paintball pants are baggy and have some padding on the knees so it'll be more comfy to crouch.

A decent hopper would probably be halo brand, Try looking around on ebay, you can pull a nice halo for around 30 bucks. New, I'd point you to either the halo too or the halo scion.

Also flatline < Apex. Because the gun you have and the gun you want different threadings, I'd wait till the new gun to get that.

My input.

#52 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well soon getting empire axe pro in a deal. So wanted 98 as a backup or for when I don't have access to compressed air I can use my old co2 tank with the 98 so wanted to soup it up if possible. If not maybe my old diablo ar-1 if the reg gets fixed. Mask either dye i4 or sly profit. Tank no less than 68/4500. Not worried about pads yet.

#53 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well soon getting empire axe pro in a deal. So wanted 98 as a backup or for when I don't have access to compressed air I can use my old co2 tank with the 98 so wanted to soup it up if possible. If not maybe my old diablo ar-1 if the reg gets fixed. Mask either dye i4 or sly profit. Tank no less than 68/4500. Not worried about pads yet.

Axe Pro is not better than a regular Axe, unless your colorblind.
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#54 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Okay? It already comes with the one he is selling.. So I'm keeping it for the luxary...

#55 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Ok, well you might be able to get it for cheap then because that board does almost nothing lol.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#56 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

How does it do nothing? Only diff from stock from what I know is the OLED.

#57 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Boards don't make the the gun shoot any better.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#58 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

We keep getting off topic. I'm getting an axe pro end of discussion. I want to soup up my 98 custom or keep my diablo ar-1 and soup that. Need one of the two as a backup for when I'm forced to use co2 or something happened. Etc.

#59 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I was trying to say that you can talk him down because a new board does almost nothing, I know you are getting this Axe I was trying to help you get it for cheap. And a souped up 98 will still be a 98 just heavier and worse shooting.

#60 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I was trying to say that you can talk him down because a new board does almost nothing, I know you are getting this Axe I was trying to help you get it for cheap. And a souped up 98 will still be a 98 just heavier and worse shooting.

I don't think he would lower it and if he did not much. Souped like flatline? And what's good for the diablo? I seen some upgrade boards bec the ar-1 you can't change the settings.

#61 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I don't think he would lower it and if he did not much. Souped like flatline? And what's good for the diablo? I seen some upgrade boards bec the ar-1 you can't change the settings.

Well it's better than nothing, at least you can talk him down a bit, what the price at right now?

Flatlines suck, harder on paint then an Apex, you can't switch it out on different guns, there are more reasons I just can't think of them right now. I don't anything about the Diablo.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 28 October 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#62 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

It's 400 even. Going rate online is 670 something for new. I only so far am going to upgrade the bolt. Okay that don't help bec I don't want curved shots and have to adjust every time. Diablo is an old school high end.

#63 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

As far as I know a new bolt will not improve accuracy in the slightest, and if you meant to say new barrel, that would again be incorrect as ALL normal barrels (normal meaning they aren't Apex and Flatline and don't have weird honings inside of them, almost all barrels nowadays have pretty much the same honing) have relatively the same accuracy. I would skip getting the Axe for $400 unless it has some other stuff on it, the board does nothing and the going rate for the regular Axe is like $469. The only thing a bolt would do is make it quieter and have better efficiency, and possibly make the gun weigh less or more.

#64 Cossak11

Cossak11

That guy who blasts Celtic rock when he enters the field.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Dont listen to the other people. Half of them probably dont even own a 98c. And they are only money pits if you get crazy with them. The rule of thumb upgrading these is stay away from plastic crap like mags,shrouds,and other body kits that dont do anything to help your gun except for add weight. I suggest getting a longer barrel, or an apex tip.If you really want you can get a stock and remote line if you think thats more comfortable for you. But my number one upgrade i think you should get if you dont have already is a hpa tank and a good mask. Hope this helps.

I agree with this, and if you want a decent low-priced barrel, I'd recommend a J&J ceramic 14". Only $35 on amazon last I checked and is a significant upgrade from the stock barrel, (Which is terrible),and the JT proflex is a very good mask for the price.
We deal in paint friend.

Commander 11th Michigan paintball volunteers AKA The Obsidian Knights

#65 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Dont listen to the other people. Half of them probably dont even own a 98c. And they are only money pits if you get crazy with them. The rule of thumb upgrading these is stay away from plastic crap like mags,shrouds,and other body kits that dont do anything to help your gun except for add weight. I suggest getting a longer barrel, or an apex tip.If you really want you can get a stock and remote line if you think thats more comfortable for you. But my number one upgrade i think you should get if you dont have already is a hpa tank and a good mask. Hope this helps.

I agree with this, and if you want a decent low-priced barrel, I'd recommend a J&J ceramic 14". Only $35 on amazon last I checked and is a significant upgrade from the stock barrel, (Which is terrible),and the JT proflex is a very good mask for the price.

No, all barrels (with the exception of flatline and Apex)have relatively the same accuracy, the only thing it would do for the 98 is make it quieter and longer to the already 1 and a half foot long gun. The stock barrel is by no means worse than any other one it's just a bit short. And I would rather get a CP 1 piece over the J&J just for the name :P an Apex tip would be great, I am actually thinking of picking one up for my 98c. The flatline is worse though, Apex is better IMO.

But yes, the Proflex is a good mask the only thing it lacks is ear protection.

#66 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I want the bolt for the axe for efficency and smoother shots not accuracy.. lol. Then what the hell am i to do with my 98c? and what would i use for a backup then...? Well why not for 400 and it already includes the oled board? not like i am wasting money to get the board... I know the board is nothing better than the stock but it has a lil oled in it so why not have the luxary of that insteaad of a flashing dot?

#67 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

I want the bolt for the axe for efficency and smoother shots not accuracy.. lol. Then what the hell am i to do with my 98c? and what would i use for a backup then...? Well why not for 400 and it already includes the oled board? not like i am wasting money to get the board... I know the board is nothing better than the stock but it has a lil oled in it so why not have the luxary of that insteaad of a flashing dot?

Because you could get a used regular Axe in as good of condition for way cheaper.

You said this, "I only so far am going to upgrade the bolt. Okay that don't help bec I don't want curved shots and have to adjust every time." so I was a bit confused on what you were trying to say lol. Keep the 98 stock or just put an Apex on it, that's really the only upgrade that I would put into it.

#68 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

For almost $100 more though. And the bolt I'm talking about is for the axe like a boss bolt. No barrel upgrade for axe. So for 98 just get longer barrel?

Edited by Loungin, 30 October 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#69 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Any barrel on a Tippmann that isn't an Apex or Flatline is a total waste of time.

#70 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I asked about flatline and everyone disagreed. I don't want apex bec I don't want to adjust all the time.

#71 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Then don't buy a barrel.

#72 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Okay. Changed my mind. Would an underbore barrel for axe do any good for consistency and efficiency like the newbie guide states? Lol

#73 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yes. But really, money is better spent on... anything really. The efficiency gains are next to nothing, like half a pod, and no one really cares about consistency.

#74 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

So no barrel is worth it? What about about upgraded bolt?

Edited by Loungin, 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#75 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

So no barrel is worth it? What about upgraded bolt?

Bolts on electropunomic marker yes, mech markers no.

#76 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

So no barrel is worth it? What about upgraded bolt?

Bolts on electropunomic marker yes, mech markers no.

So with the axe is it a must?

#77 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Only guns where upgrades are a "must" are things like the non XE Ion which doesn't have bolt out the back, or other old Smart Parts guns that had semi only boards and no capability to be flashed. A Lurker or Boss bolt in an Axe is a massive upgrade but it does fine as it is.

#78 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Only guns where upgrades are a "must" are things like the non XE Ion which doesn't have bolt out the back, or other old Smart Parts guns that had semi only boards and no capability to be flashed. A Lurker or Boss bolt in an Axe is a massive upgrade but it does fine as it is.

Oh okay. I just went up to get my axe and shot it again. It seems quiet and fine as is so i think i shall leave it as it. And i realized i didn't get the redline board but that is fine with i dont totally care for the over priced screen.

#79 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Did you still pay $400 for it?

#80 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Did you still pay $400 for it?

Yes it's stil 400. Another 100 for used 68/4500. Both in perfect condition as if the owner took it out of box, shot it, and put it back. (Adjustment screw was moved so he obviously tuned it a tad bit.).

#81 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Ok I would still offer him like $380, $400 seems a bit steep even if it is lnib.

#82 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ah it's fine with me.

#83 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I know, but you could find one for cheaper.

#84 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Like I just saw one on Kijiji for $350.

#85 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

It's still new condition. He barely used it. No scratches or wear. Not even a smudge. The box is even in perfect condition.

#86 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Yeah that's like the one I saw on Kijiji...

#87 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well it's too late...

#88 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Lol, I actually just saw another one on Kijiji for $360 and it had a boss v2 bolt and everything.

#89 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Lol, I actually just saw another one on Kijiji for $360 and it had a boss v2 bolt and everything.

Oh well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users