• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

As many of you may know, due to the 10 million threads I have made, I am doing HIIT and trying to lose some fat while I'm already exercising.

I'm 13, 5'4", 110lb. My BMR is 1500 and my TDEE is 1800.

I have been eating around 1600 calories a day. I think that this is too much, considering some adults eat this much when losing weight.

I have been eating very little carbs. I'm very confused on what the calculators are telling me, I knew 1800 can't be right, so I ate less. I hear a lot about the "starvation mode", but have no idea where that is for me. I didn't want to go too low, so I ate a little more.

I lost 2 pounds the first week and a half, an have been sitting pretty at 110 for the past week or two. Not even losing .2-.3 over that time.

Could someone give me a basic run through of diet and calories for what I should eat?

#2 Doctor Hank

Doctor Hank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am assuming you are male? If you are already 110lbs at 5'3", you are going to have an extremely hard time losing weight as you are already light to begin with, and honestly losing more weight will be unhealthy to say the least. I find it hard to believe that you are fat or have much fat given your height and weight, so truthfully, in combination with your age, I would say to stop this now. If anything I would encourage you to eat more to put more weight on while working out, primarily muscle.

Also, if you are doing all of this cardio training you claim you are, I would highly recommend eating carbs.

Edited by Doctor Hank, 15 July 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I do recommend maintaining weight for the next two years.

When you grow, you kind of, "grow into" your weight.
i was 145 pounds in 8th grade and was a tomato, and also 5'3". Now I am in 11th grade, 5'9" and 140 pounds, and I am now looking a lot better. (started looking better during the summer of 8th grade going into 9th)

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thanks

#5 fiercegoldfish

fiercegoldfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

At 13 you don't need to lose any weight unless you're actually obese (which you're obviusly not). No matter what you do with your weight now, it will in all likelyhood chnage one way or another within the next few years. Stop focusing on the scale so much and focus on being healthy, meaning building muscle and inproving cardio but not worrying so much about the actual weight (muscle=heavier after all)

Posted Image
^Agg?^

#6 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

At 13 you don't need to lose any weight unless you're actually obese (which you're obviusly not). No matter what you do with your weight now, it will in all likelyhood chnage one way or another within the next few years. Stop focusing on the scale so much and focus on being healthy, meaning building muscle and inproving cardio but not worrying so much about the actual weight (muscle=heavier after all)

This.

At 13 all you should be worrying about is what flavor of Fruit Gushers you want next.
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users