81 replies to this topic

#51 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think it'll likely have a street price of closer to $350 given the increase in price of their other composite blades. I'm saving for it, and I'm going to use that puppy.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#52 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

$350...
Smack off about $75 and get yourself a Lionsteel SR-1 aluminum. Or throw in another $50 and get the Ti version.

#53 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

I've just used case knives personally and was wondering what you guys thought about a Ka Bar Mule folding knife?

#54 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I've just used case knives personally and was wondering what you guys thought about a Ka Bar Mule folding knife?

Mule is okay. i had the tanto, partially serrated version and i gave it away to a LEO friend of mine. never really melded well with me, but i have very specific tastes when it come to knives. but if you like it, i say get it. its robust enough that it will hold up to some hard use.

The problem is, it would probably cost as much as a used inflated price XM-18 (probably like 400-500, from what i heard)..

Nope, you heard wrong about the xm-18. Theyre more like $800

#55 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

don't mean to highjack this thread,

but seeing how stick and manny are in here. For all intensive purposes which blade is better, the ZT 0560, or the ZT 0300?
christmas is coming up and i'd like to treat myself to a new knife.
New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#56 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Firstly, it's "for all intents and purposes". Intensive purposes aren't really a thing.

On the knife question, it depends on what you're looking for. Between the two, the 0300 series is the stronger. Arguably one of the strongest folders you could get. It is also very hefty, broad, and a bit heavy.

The 0560 is sleeker, carries a bit easier in the pocket and is lighter. It's also a bit longer, and more of a fighting knife. It cuts just as well as the 0300, however it doesn't feel as strong as the 0300. It's a cooler looking piece in my opinion, and the KVT bearings on the pivot are absolutely brilliant. Such a smooth open. The Elmax steel is also very cool. Practically never rusts, and it's extremely tough. You're extremely unlikely to chip the edge, it would sooner roll and that kind of damage is fixable without material removable. I think they run the Elmax at around 60-61 HRC, which gives it damn good edge retention.

So, you should decide if you prefer S30V (0300) or Elmax (0560). Also, the 0550 uses S35VN. I don't know all that about it, but so far my 0550 has stood up to a lot with it's 32 degree inclusive edge. I do like the deep carry clip though... I put it on everything.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#57 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

don't mean to highjack this thread,

but seeing how stick and manny are in here. For all intensive purposes which blade is better, the ZT 0560, or the ZT 0300?
christmas is coming up and i'd like to treat myself to a new knife.

Well, if you want a relatively light tough blade, go with the 560. If you want a tank for a knife, go with the 300.
I chose the 301 because I prefer a knife I can use without worrying about breaking it.

Edited by metsfan521, 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#58 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

^To qualify, if you use the 0560 as a knife, for cutting, it's extremely unlikely that you'll break it. However, the 0300 series is more likely to withstand use and abuse that one shouldn't normally put a knife through. It is, pretty much tougher and stronger than the 0560, however the 0560 is still a very strong knife.

#59 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

^To qualify, if you use the 0560 as a knife, for cutting, it's extremely unlikely that you'll break it. However, the 0300 series is more likely to withstand use and abuse that one shouldn't normally put a knife through. It is, pretty much tougher and stronger than the 0560, however the 0560 is still a very strong knife.

dude, i break almost everything so thats why i said " prefer a knife I can use without worrying about breaking it"

#60 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

does anyone have experience with the ZT 0200? looks like a beast of a "smaller" pocket folder.
New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#61 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sorry, no. I wish I could help you out. Any thoughts on what you'd use it for?

#62 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Sorry, no. I wish I could help you out. Any thoughts on what you'd use it for?

even though it's quite large i would like it to be my EDC. i would also use it for camping so, cutting sticks, ropes, making chips to get a fire started, those sorts of things. Me and my grandfather sometimes will take down trees in city limits and to haul everything away we strip all the leaves and small twigs off of the branches. He will use his home made machete and all i have up for the task is a medium sized hatchet, which can be quite awkward nonetheless.

Edited by LUXOR54, 22 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#63 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I can't imagine the 0200 not handling what you described. I don't recommend heavy batoning with it, but everything else seems very doable.

I personally use the Woodsman's Pal when I go camping for heavy wood processing and other chores I wouldn't use my knife for. Its basically a machete and hatchet combined into a comfortable, manageable design.

#64 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

TOPS Knives.... best made in america knives money can buy... i've never seen a TOPS knife fail... if you want a cheap but good blade that will last you along time, get a Cold Steel....

i agree
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#65 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

TOPS Knives.... best made in america knives money can buy... i've never seen a TOPS knife fail... if you want a cheap but good blade that will last you along time, get a Cold Steel....

i agree

I don't fall for that whole "made in America" talk. There are plenty of imported knives that kick major ass, spyderco sage series, delica and endura line, kershaw cryo...all amazing, affordable knives that won't "fail" either if used correctly. And after looking at the catalog of TOPS folders, I'm not impressed, especially not at their price point.

Cold Steel is a great company, personally many of their folders are not aesthetically pleasing to me which is why I don't own any cold steels.

#66 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Kershaw Blur

That is my favorite knife. That is my Everyday Carry, along with my utility knife. Thing has cut more cardboard then I can really think about and it still holds the edge.

#67 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Kershaw Blur

That is my favorite knife. That is my Everyday Carry, along with my utility knife. Thing has cut more cardboard then I can really think about and it still holds the edge.

Currently the blur, specifically the carbon fiber blur is stickys favorite blade. From what I've seen, its a mean little knife, certainly capable of performing any reasonable task you throw at it.
I recently got a Spyderco tenacious for work and this thing is amazing. For a sub $40 knife this thing is hard to beat.

#68 Kentuckyballer98

Kentuckyballer98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Get the smith and Wesson black ops drop point knife or Kershaw knives are great too

#69 dsk

dsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I just recently bought a Kershaw RJ 1, great knife you can feel the durability. Liner lock, Tanto style but not full tanto nice machined G-10 grips, overall great knife i bought 2 on sale at cabelas for 20 a piece, non-sale i think about 40

Shit on your mother-in-law.

#70 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

get a strÝmmeng 9 tommer.. with black steal. its the knife i use. and works great. and i also use a switch blade for butchering out in the wild
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#71 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yojimbo 2 on its way to me! Next up is the Chokwe and then the cf, s110v Native 5.

#72 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I recently got a Spyderco tenacious for work and this thing is amazing. For a sub $40 knife this thing is hard to beat.

I love my tenacious, it's the first EDC knife I've ever owned. I kinda wish I would have sprung the extra $$$ for a delica though. Guess I'll have to get one of those while I'm at it.

Just ordered a CRKT ripple for my next high value EDC.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#73 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I bought a $3 stanly full steel knife at Home Depo, great knive for $3. I may post a picture or link later.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#74 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Benchmade, buy the best. That is all.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#75 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Benchmade, buy the best. That is all.

My Kershaw Cryo cuts better than my mini griptillian and both had factory edges.

My vote goes to the Cryo or the Cryo 2.

#76 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

weird double post

Edited by kingJurzy, 18 February 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#77 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Cryo is too small for my tastes. Hopefully the cryo 2 is substantially larger than its predecessor.

My soon to arrive Yojimbo 2 is gonna be sweet.

#78 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Cryo is too small for my tastes. Hopefully the cryo 2 is substantially larger than its predecessor.

My soon to arrive Yojimbo 2 is gonna be sweet.

My buddy carries a Yojimbo 2 on duty I should ''borrow'' it sometime

Edited by canscom, 18 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#79 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

BOOM B)

Posted Image

#80 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

My turn Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

very nice stone wash on the silent soldier along with extremely easy access with the kydex sheath and belt clip, ZT 0200 is a work horse, and the skyline is just perfect for the small things Posted Image

Edited by LUXOR54, 31 March 2013 - 11:19 PM.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#81 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

save up a little more and get an endura
http://www2.knifecen...ura&series=668
New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#82 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Can't go wrong with an Endura :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users