• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Soo awhile back i bought this forum for coding and programming and it was on the verge of going downward and i thought i could save it. Guess not, now it's almost dead with a bout 140 members.

I've tried advertising. I have a page on facebook, twitter, etc etc but the site has a bad rep to some because the previous people would troll/spam/advertise in whatever way that would tick off other forums and people. Plus had a lot of warez and etc in the posts so i need to cleanup all the garbage through thousands of posts.

How could i revive the forum? It's mybb and i'm not looking to upgrade to IPB or VB anytime soon. The site is here. (Sorry if i'm not supposed to link it) I could always use some more members and moderators :P

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

My guess it that coding does not interest people as much as it used to, so people left.

#3 Loungin

Loungin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

My guess it that coding does not interest people as much as it used to, so people left.

Could be true but everything involves software. A lot of them left because a lack of advertising so not much more came to the site. There are people out there but its hard to find the ones that don't want illegal things or that hate the site due to previous owners.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users