6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurtis180

Kurtis180

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hey tech pb im 16 and have recently started trying to be more healthy.
Usually i dont watch what i eat at all and i was looking for advise on how to eat healthier. I work for a fast food company and eat there way to often what are some good things i could take to work that are easy to make and can sit in a locker/fridge for a few hours before i go on break. Also what is a tasty but also healthy breakfeast food.
Thanks for the help.

Edit- i have been going to the gym for close to 3 months and look a bit thinner but have also gained weight im about 6'1 and 190lbs right now

Edited by Kurtis180, 18 July 2012 - 06:48 AM.

setup: dangerous power g4, invert too, 48 3000 ninja tank, white and black events

#2 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Right so, with so many posts like this it tends to repeat, however my advice for your age group is the same.

Advice: Nothing that can be said on the internet is perfect. And we can only offer idea's and possible solutions.

My personal advice: Dont change everything at once. Your body works on habits, and it becomes very hard to break them. So choose something to do, even if its a small and silly thing, and Stick to it for 2 weeks. then Add another small change. Slowly Re-building yourself to what your goal is.

You should not concern yourself with "over eating" or "under eating" if your active and going to the gym alot. When your active and exercising your body, you will naturally increase your food intake for your body to use it. that being said, when your active and your body is asking for more food. Be careful of what you intake.

Breakfast foods?

Oatmeal is a Staple of many, many ,many diets. and you can buy a 2Kg bag from the grocery store for like 3$, it will feed you for 2 weeks.
cooking it is dead simple, Put water in a pot. Boil it, put oatmeal in boiling water, reduce heat, wait till it bubbles back up. Reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. poor out the water, put oatmeal in bowl. Eat (you can use honey, maple syrup, sugar, brown sugar ect for a sweeter taste, My suggestion. Go full on and get used to eating oatmeal with no suger. its gross at first. But you learn to love it)

Cream of Wheat: This stuff is like my Crack addiction, just like oatmeal its super cheap, and filled with goodness. packed with fiber and Iron its a great way to start your day. you cook it Exactly like Oatmeal. You can put an egg, lemon Rhine (think of shredding the outside of a lemon skin) and squeezed lemon in, I love putting a very very small hint of Coconut oil, or Vanilla extract in it.

Salads for breakfast: Yes I said it, Seems weird right? A salad, lettuce and veggies for breakfast? But think about it, Your body has woken up after 6-7-8 hours of sleep. its dehydrated, low on minerals/nutriants and has a Rapid fast metabolic rate in the morning. mowing down a salad is getting water in super fast. its breaking it down fast. the veggies (broccoli, carrot bits, bell pepper bit, onions, garlic ect ect ect) all provide the nutrition. You can cook a Chicken the night before and take a few slices of it to toss it in for tastyness. Or you can use Chia Seeds, Flax seeds ontop for flavor.

Get yourself some Coconut oil: you can buy em, they are a little more costly then most oils, but you use a VERY VERY little amount so it lasts a long time. Coconut oil is perfect whenever your cooking something (eggs, bacon anything on the frying pan, or something you dont want sticking) becuase it doesnt burn up like other oils. so its fantastic, smells great and actually works at high temperatures. and is ALOT better then using butter or margarine for the same reasons to avoid sticking

There is a quick rundown of some stuff. Hopefully it helps.

As for lunches, Well.. Have you considered making your own lunch? almost anything you make probably could be better then the fast food joint.

Edited by Eskimo, 21 July 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#3 Kurtis180

Kurtis180

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for the help. i finally actually read the health facts of the food at my work and almost got sick. also ive been slowly changing over to more healthy for around two weeks if i start eating only healthy stuff now do you think i wouldnt react well to it? like should i wait another 2 weeks or just go for it?
setup: dangerous power g4, invert too, 48 3000 ninja tank, white and black events

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

You should be ok if you have been adjusting for 2-3 weeks.Try eating all healthy food,minus a little bit of other stuff.Also,watch the movie"super size me".It is about a guy who eats nothing but mcdonalds for a whole month,and nearly dies.It really opens up your eyes yo what you are putting into your body.And remember that dieting is %80 actual dieting and %20 working out.So next time you are tempted to eat a candy bar or something,think of all the excersizing you would have to do to burn that off.I do that,and it basically makes you diet,because you stop eating all the junk food.

Edited by paintballguy2255, 22 July 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#5 fiercegoldfish

fiercegoldfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Eskimo has a good breakdown for breakfast, and if you want you can add eggs in there as another option to change it up. hard-boil them at the beginning of the week if you want to be able to eat them on the go or cook them up each day.

As for lunch Just make sure you make your own or, if you don't wanna do that, you can get a sandwich made at a local deli or something. They're still going to be much better for you than anything you find at aa fast food place

Posted Image
^Agg?^

#6 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the help. i finally actually read the health facts of the food at my work and almost got sick. also ive been slowly changing over to more healthy for around two weeks if i start eating only healthy stuff now do you think i wouldnt react well to it? like should i wait another 2 weeks or just go for it?

You can start trying to eat better now.

However generally when you totally uphaul youre routine, people have a hard time sticking to it.
Which is why I suggest to focus on changing small bits at a time so you never break your new good habit.

If you switch off to good food be prepaired to face the wrath of the food you have previously eaten in your bowels.
When people eat fast food for awhile then switch to higher fiber intake from the healthier foods.

you will have some fun washroom adventures.
Drink water to help it all out :)

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#7 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

If you're trying to lose weight....then go for a high protein, low carb diet. But...you don't want to cut weight and try to gain muscle at the same time. Almost impossible. Don't get me wrong you'll get stronger, but you won't get ripped. My advice is get down to a goal weight by dieting and lots of cardio...and then when you hit the weights don't do heavy...go for more reps. The more reps, the more calories you will burn. Just basing this off my experience as I lost over 100 lbs about 2 years ago. Good luck and keep it up! It's totally worth it in the end!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users