• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TYLERLIKETACOS

TYLERLIKETACOS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm hopefully going to be playing in my first tournament in september and wanted to know if there was anything special I needed to bring and how much paint I should bring so let me know.

#2 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

how many teams? format?

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#3 TYLERLIKETACOS

TYLERLIKETACOS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

http://www.mwxball.com/

All the details are there

#4 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

race to is expensive, plan on a bit more than half a case per game

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#5 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I am pretty sure MWXL is only a RaceTo-2. So it isn't that expensive. I am just going to assume you face 4 teams in prelims and then semi and finals.

I recommend pooling paint with your team mates. Thus you all spend the same amount of money on paint and no headache over paint. Most people assume about a case of paint a game. So 4 teams, raceto2. Minimum of 8 games and a max of 12 games in prelims. So your team is going to need about 10 cases for prelims. Another minimum of 4-6 games if you make it past prelims. I'd say about 5.
From experience with raceto2 tournaments and given you haven't played a tournament, I would guess your team probably has not either.. Your team will probably shoot realistically 10 cases. So that means 5man team you each buy two cases. If you guys do make it past prelims and you are running low on paint, just collect like 5-10 bucks from everyone and buy an extra case for the team

************Make sure the MWXL allows BYOP and what the specifications are if they allow it. Otherwise you will need to buy the paint being sold at the tournament. I would hate for you to go buy paint and bring it and not be allowed to use it and have no money to buy paint there.

Edited by Kirko017, 24 July 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users