• Please log in to reply
1063 replies to this topic

#1 BlackAlbinoKid

BlackAlbinoKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

I am pumped for living legends 6 so why not get a head start on the competition!

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

?

#3 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Quite a bit of a head start dontcha think?Posted Image

The Brew City Bomb Squad will be there, in force, ready to kick ass, take names, and collect tears

Edited by TooTallNiCo, 19 July 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Oh,I understand now.

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Yes....the tears...the life blood that keeps me youthful...mwhahahahaha

*cough*

Anyway yeah, can't wait. Soon as I get dates for it I am submitting my leave package lol.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

I wonder what the dates are for it?

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Probably the same time it's at every year, the weekend before memorial day.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#8 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'll try and be there. Maybe even try to convince some of the other Idaho boys to make an exodus.
Posted Image

#9 Deceiver

Deceiver

Smart Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

It's time to plan the shens that will never happen

TechPBSignature.png

Living Legends 3, 4, 5, and 6 

Cya all at LL 7

#10 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Probably the same time it's at every year, the weekend before memorial day.

Wow,never noticed that.

#11 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well, I started funding LL6 in June, and I have $200 as of now, so I'm ahead of the game. I think I'll be using an electro, because it's just easier. I mean, hopefully I'll have a CCM by LL6, so pump night would be nice. I may be bringing a few friends, so that will be much more fun for me.
Posted Image

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

My kidneys are up on craigslist. Hopefully I wont have to walk... I AM GOING!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#13 newmz94

newmz94

Paintballs are my shampoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Quite a bit of a head start dontcha think?Posted Image

The Brew City Bomb Squad will be there, in force, ready to kick ass, take names, and collect tears

where you guys there this year?

The_Economist, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:snapback.png

Bacause you have to point your gun at the sky whenever you reload. Just like you have to press your back flat against any kind of cover you may be using, and you have to lift your mask whenever you have something important to say, even if you are under fire from the other team.

Sheesh, what kind of paintball have you been playing?

#14 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hell yeah we were ^

We played under Sniperwolf and Murph on the Horde side, and our teammate Jack got the Horde MVP for being a kick ass medic!

#15 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

the good shens can never be planned. they are pure drunken improvisation. see custom user title for details.

Edited by cockerpunk, 20 July 2012 - 09:39 AM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#16 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

the good shens can never be planned. they are pure drunken improvisation. see custom user title for details.

I'm not too sure about that.

The tea party was pretty epic man...

Posted Image

#17 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm not too sure about that.

The tea party was pretty epic man...

the party party was pretty epic last year, both nights
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

the party party was pretty epic last year, both nights

^

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#19 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

I cant wait to go, anyone know any fun NON-drinking things to do
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#20 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

I cant wait to go, anyone know any fun NON-drinking things to do

On Friday, my dad and I just chilled (while he drank), and checked out the booths. Saturday, we watched some pro games, stayed for the bikini contest, and had super late dinner at Heroes. Sunday, we stopped at Taco Bell on the way home. You're playing so much, and when you're not playing, you're too tired to do really, anything. Haha. :P
Posted Image

#21 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I willl be there.

Pump FTW!

#22 samthepainter

samthepainter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

I'll definitely be there.
Only question is whether I will camp out or stay at a hotel room.
Driving an hour back home each night, and again in the morning isn't too bad... but I'd rather not. :)

I will also have plenty of gold bond, and will make sure to have 2 working guns well in advance.

Edited by samthepainter, 21 July 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#23 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yeah I can tell you right now, Friday night was a pain in the ass for me and my guys (ended up having to cart around like 23 cases of paint haha). So we showed up for the pump game, hung out, kinda socialized and bullshitted for a bit. Then NiCo and I went to the Team Leaders meeting. We got our information, got the schedule of what was going on and when, then rounded up our guys and headed back to the Hotel. We grabbed dinner at Old Country Buffet at like 11 at night (and the waitress was SUPER nice which was really awesome), then kinda strategized, laid out gear for the next day and got our electronics ready (like programming radios). Next morning was an early morning, got up grabbed our gear and the cases of paint we would need for the day and rolled out. Got to the field about 7:30 8ish.

We chrono'ed, filled pods and air, took care of a few gun problems and then was ready for the first insertion with our team and faction tape. Played all day, got horribly sunburnt, drank more water then I ever thought I would consume in my life in a single day, and had an absolute blast, from my opening push with my guys into the Bedlam Woods, all the way to creeping with NiCo and Ihasacellular through the woods of Meridia and almost coming up on the backside of the Empire, and narrowly avoiding lighting up a ref who we couldn;t see clearly and thought was an Empire player, who told us the game was over and head back for the dinner battle. We played the dinner battle, had a good time, then headed back. We didn't get back to the hotel until about 9ish, then had a late night pizza at a local eatery. We were wrecked, all of us were sunburnt and exhausted.

Sunday we got up same time, and got to the field the same time but we didn't make the first insertion as we had some more gun problems. Made it onto the field about 9:30 ish, and the Horde began to steamroll the Empire. Played until the final battle, had a blast being on the hill the whole time and then saw closing ceremonies, and won no swag (except i DID have a Fanz kit in my hand, but as I was reeling it in, some douchenozzle snatched it out of my grip, fucking dick).

After that we hung out, cleaned gear and relaxed (we had the hotel through to Monday), and went and got food at Heroes (worst service in my life holy cats. 30 minutes to just get water? C'mon now. It wasn't even that packed). All in all I had a great time though, got to meet Mr. H, Wolf, Mike and Willie, Sonny Lopez, Skeletor, and a lot of other really cool guys. Can't wait to be back out there next year!

If you are worried about things to do that don't involve drinking, if you play hard enough all you'll wanna do at the end of Saturday is shower eat and sleep haha.

#24 BlackAlbinoKid

BlackAlbinoKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yeah I can tell you right now, Friday night was a pain in the ass for me and my guys (ended up having to cart around like 23 cases of paint haha). So we showed up for the pump game, hung out, kinda socialized and bullshitted for a bit. Then NiCo and I went to the Team Leaders meeting. We got our information, got the schedule of what was going on and when, then rounded up our guys and headed back to the Hotel. We grabbed dinner at Old Country Buffet at like 11 at night (and the waitress was SUPER nice which was really awesome), then kinda strategized, laid out gear for the next day and got our electronics ready (like programming radios). Next morning was an early morning, got up grabbed our gear and the cases of paint we would need for the day and rolled out. Got to the field about 7:30 8ish.

We chrono'ed, filled pods and air, took care of a few gun problems and then was ready for the first insertion with our team and faction tape. Played all day, got horribly sunburnt, drank more water then I ever thought I would consume in my life in a single day, and had an absolute blast, from my opening push with my guys into the Bedlam Woods, all the way to creeping with NiCo and Ihasacellular through the woods of Meridia and almost coming up on the backside of the Empire, and narrowly avoiding lighting up a ref who we couldn;t see clearly and thought was an Empire player, who told us the game was over and head back for the dinner battle. We played the dinner battle, had a good time, then headed back. We didn't get back to the hotel until about 9ish, then had a late night pizza at a local eatery. We were wrecked, all of us were sunburnt and exhausted.

Sunday we got up same time, and got to the field the same time but we didn't make the first insertion as we had some more gun problems. Made it onto the field about 9:30 ish, and the Horde began to steamroll the Empire. Played until the final battle, had a blast being on the hill the whole time and then saw closing ceremonies, and won no swag (except i DID have a Fanz kit in my hand, but as I was reeling it in, some douchenozzle snatched it out of my grip, fucking dick).

After that we hung out, cleaned gear and relaxed (we had the hotel through to Monday), and went and got food at Heroes (worst service in my life holy cats. 30 minutes to just get water? C'mon now. It wasn't even that packed). All in all I had a great time though, got to meet Mr. H, Wolf, Mike and Willie, Sonny Lopez, Skeletor, and a lot of other really cool guys. Can't wait to be back out there next year!

If you are worried about things to do that don't involve drinking, if you play hard enough all you'll wanna do at the end of Saturday is shower eat and sleep haha.

That is awesome, I wish I could be a part of a team like that it sounds like so much fun. I realized your buddies name is Nico which happens to be my name. Also I live like 5 minutes from CPX so no hotel for me :). And lastly you are right heroes does have horrible service, I think we were waiting for almost an hour one day just for our food. I really enjoyed your story it was very interesting.

#25 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Irish, I still am suprised we never ran into each other.

I was at LL4, LL5, and will be at LL6 :D

#26 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

I'm upset I didn't meet Irish or MZ.
Posted Image

#27 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

That is awesome, I wish I could be a part of a team like that it sounds like so much fun. I realized your buddies name is Nico which happens to be my name. Also I live like 5 minutes from CPX so no hotel for me :). And lastly you are right heroes does have horrible service, I think we were waiting for almost an hour one day just for our food. I really enjoyed your story it was very interesting.

Well my name is actually Nick. NiCo is just the first two letters of my first name and first two of my last name.

As Irish said we were too busy to any sort of drinking that weekend (although we're planning on making time for some next year!)

And you are right, running with a team makes a world of difference. It was great being in radio contact with my guys and know that I can get in contact with them and find a battle buddy to run around with. If you don't have a team to run with drop me a pm and I'll direct you to our teams Facebook page. We'll be staying in a hotel again

#28 BlackAlbinoKid

BlackAlbinoKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Well my name is actually Nick. NiCo is just the first two letters of my first name and first two of my last name.

As Irish said we were too busy to any sort of drinking that weekend (although we're planning on making time for some next year!)

And you are right, running with a team makes a world of difference. It was great being in radio contact with my guys and know that I can get in contact with them and find a battle buddy to run around with. If you don't have a team to run with drop me a pm and I'll direct you to our teams Facebook page. We'll be staying in a hotel again

Nick, Nico, either way its about the same. That would be awesome if I could hang with you guys. I pretty much live 5 min from CPX so I don't know in what way that would be helpful but I can see it should.

#29 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

went and got food at Heroes (worst service in my life holy cats. 30 minutes to just get water? C'mon now. It wasn't even that packed)

Heroes was SO GOOD.

And lastly you are right heroes does have horrible service, I think we were waiting for almost an hour one day just for our food.

It was awesome when citrus connection was there.

#30 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Everything is awesome when Citrus Connection is there XD

For the record though, Heroes' ranch fries are one of my fondest memories of Living Legends V

#31 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

I got my food within 20 min at heroes and it was packed

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#32 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

October :D

#33 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hero's food was amazing don't get me wrong, but if I have to wait 30 minutes for water when I see a waitress sitting at a table socializing with some people? That's a little ridiculous.

Glad the pizza place on Saturday was kick ass, I am pretty sure between myself, TooTall, RobotNinja, Mandoade, PackerBacker and GunSlinger Dragon, we demolished an order of Bruschetta and 2 Large Deep Dish Pizzas haha. Shit was bomb!

Oh and for all ya'll looking to meet me next year, we hope to have a Pop Up Tent next year and a banner so just look for that lol.

Edited by Irish725, 22 July 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#34 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

And in another shameless plug for our team, just plug in Brew City Bomb Squad in your facebook search bars and join our group! best way to get in touch with us and find out where we'll be playing at!!!

But yeah for Legends next year we will be arriving Thursday night to get most of the drinking out of the way that night, then showing up Friday morning for gun teching, chronoing, and some open play. Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to come over, shoot the shit, ask us questions about anything, or challenge us to a friendly game in walk on play :)

#35 samthepainter

samthepainter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Definitely true, I wouldn't have been able to play AT ALL the following day if I stayed up the night before partying....

Also I live like 5 minutes from CPX so no hotel for me :).

so you live in a cornfield?? :lol:

Edited by samthepainter, 24 July 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#36 BlackAlbinoKid

BlackAlbinoKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

Definitely true, I wouldn't have been able to play AT ALL the following day if I stayed up the night before partying....

Also I live like 5 minutes from CPX so no hotel for me :).

so you live in a cornfield?? :lol:

No but there is one down the street and one more somewhere else in town but we are not hillbillly's i can tell u that much.

#37 azhighrise

azhighrise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

LL6 will be my first Time. Any recommendaions?

#38 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

LL6 will be my first Time. Any recommendaions?

WATER x239824359762034987520394685029837452936615932746098
Posted Image

#39 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

October :D

MZ I'm pretty sure we have played together at PBE before, just never formally introduced. Also think you came around our staging area with Jack for a couple minutes in between insertions

#40 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Im almost to my goal for funding my escapade there. I am extremely excited
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#41 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Im almost to my goal for funding my escapade there. I am extremely excited

If you do it right Living Legends isn't terribly expensive. For me with splitting two nights in the hotel with Robot0ninja, food for the field, dinner at night, entry and paint, I think it cost me around $425 for the weekend

#42 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I have $200 in my LL6 envelope. My parents pay for the room, because I'm a minor.
Posted Image

#43 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Sweet deal bro^ lol.

Right now, for LL6, any of the guys running with the BCBS are going to be able to fall under my "booking rooms with my military disco for unt" deal for as long as I can, which was their Two Bed and a Pull Out couch (enough for 3 people), for 80 bucks a night, which is awesome. So that'll be cool, it'll be cheaper for everyone. It was 240 for Friday through Monday for hotel costs, but LL5 cost me a lot just due to the amount of paint and gear I bought xD.

#44 jackal

jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

anybody know what the best part of ll6 will be? my 18th bday on the starting day!

#45 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

1) The date is not set and the event may not even happen.

2) Obviously the best part is cuddling with all the mods.

#46 jackal

jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

1) The date is not set and the event may not even happen.

2) Obviously the best part is cuddling with all the mods.

if its the weekend b4 memorial day then it is on my bday

#47 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

For the record though, Heroes' ranch fries are one of my fondest memories of Living Legends V

Sooooo true

#48 azhighrise

azhighrise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

LL6 will be my first LL, any recommendations?

#49 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Don't make it your last

Posted Image

#50 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

THA LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users