• Please log in to reply
1063 replies to this topic

#1051 Wat

Wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

SKIN TO WIN! SKIN TO WIN! SKIN TO-- Oh yeah I'm back in Ohio now.

#1052 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

I shot all the dooods....

Did you get switched to Horde with MIke?

Yeah, had a great time on both sides

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#1053 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I shot all the dooods....

Did you get switched to Horde with MIke?

Yeah, had a great time on both sides

Were numbers really that far off on Saturday?

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#1054 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm not sure as far as numbers, but it really felt like something was off.

#1055 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

viper said on PBN that the numbers were off by about 100. 950 to 850. not that big a difference.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#1056 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

was horde still getting pushed back on sunday when they flipped sides and switched teams over? Cause then it would rule out the field as being a major factor.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#1057 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

was horde still getting pushed back on sunday when they flipped sides and switched teams over? Cause then it would rule out the field as being a major factor.

Pretty much. I have video of Blood Legion and a few others pretty much walking from Campeche to VeraCruz almost uncontested. A few of us split off and moved into Ciudad Del Carmen and due to my own lack of paint I couldn't keep pushing towards Oaxaca. Once the game ended though I found out that it was only like 4 people holding the entire woods between the two.

#1058 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Me saying I was disappointed in a good number of the Horde is an understatement. A metric fuck-ton of longballing. No desire to make any sort of move. I know exactly what the problem was and out of respect for others I will keep it all to my self.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#1059 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Honestly from the New Empire side, it looked like when you guys did have people on the field you killed it, but people didn't fill in when others were taken out. Up until noon on Sunday we were backed up to Playa Del Carmen holding the territory for a mission, and it looked for a moment like we might actually loose it. But when no second wave came to fill positions of eliminated players we pushed almost the entire length of the field. When there were bodies on the field you did fine, but it was a matter of people getting eliminated and not coming back to play. That's how I observed it from my point of view.

#1060 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

For the Horde guys. Want to know why we got utterly destroyed? This right here.
Posted Image

I was just coming up from the insertion point (and actually Mike is right behind me to my left on this,) when I came across this. 9 Horde players (all circled in red) sat and watched as three guys all by themselves held off 15 Empire guys trying to push through the woods. Not a single one was making an effort to push forward and fill in on the line. Me and a few of my teammates filled in on the line until we were shot out. On the way back the same 9 guys were still just sitting there.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#1061 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Honestly from the New Empire side, it looked like when you guys did have people on the field you killed it, but people didn't fill in when others were taken out. Up until noon on Sunday we were backed up to Playa Del Carmen holding the territory for a mission, and it looked for a moment like we might actually loose it. But when no second wave came to fill positions of eliminated players we pushed almost the entire length of the field. When there were bodies on the field you did fine, but it was a matter of people getting eliminated and not coming back to play. That's how I observed it from my point of view.

I was down by the tape line when this happened, me and like 3 guys were the only guys in the ravine and i got a few guys trying to crawl down the tape, a long time passed and we never got reinforcments, eventually I got hit on the barrel and was out. On the reinsertion a really cool guy and I were talking and going to reinforce up by cancun and meridia, there was no one ahead of us until one guy ran out of the woods and told us that he was the only the guy left in the woods and that they were just marching up the road, after seeing tons of troops incoming we decided to just go up to the airball field. lol afterwards I noticed that at about noon over 2/3 of our team must have left the field because we what seemed like less than 200 people left.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#1062 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

I was down by the tape line when this happened, me and like 3 guys were the only guys in the ravine and i got a few guys trying to crawl down the tape, a long time passed and we never got reinforcments, eventually I got hit on the barrel and was out. On the reinsertion a really cool guy and I were talking and going to reinforce up by cancun and meridia, there was no one ahead of us until one guy ran out of the woods and told us that he was the only the guy left in the woods and that they were just marching up the road, after seeing tons of troops incoming we decided to just go up to the airball field. lol afterwards I noticed that at about noon over 2/3 of our team must have left the field because we what seemed like less than 200 people left.

i was the last medic to pull out of the area due to lack of players to heal, everyone was calling out not wanting to revive when the tanks came rolling through, i was on the radio with HQ and they informed me josh knutts was coming with a launcher and to reinforce him eliminating the tank, after two attempts to destroy it and the ref's refusing to pull it even though one nerf hit the back of the wheelchair itself me and josh pulled back to the deadbox and were over-run by blues, i was lit up because i had no marker and held up my clip board. the blues by the HQ then proceeded to chase down anyone they could find still on the field and make them feel as much pain as possible for not calling themselves out earlier, minutes after this the game ended.

Edited by Demon, 22 May 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#1063 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

This is all I have to say...

Posted Image

You guys always post GIF's. We were running through some pictures and found a couple from Jay, the head tech of Empire. Had to make it into a GIF... hahahaha
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#1064 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

LOL