Photo

Getting some new goggles and need some advice.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Freakshow

Freakshow

Proudly Sponsored by ANSgear.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Ok i am looking for great visability, great breathing. I cant deal with fogged up lenses its like a pet peeve. Hahah
But anyway. I have narrowed it down to about two. See the thing is i am trying not to spend over 70. I know this is something where i should not penny pinch but times are hard and i cant stand my JT goggles as they keep fogging. Even with anti fog spray. So i was thinking the Empire Avatar Vent Goggles or the Vforce Provantage. Whats everyone views on some great breathing goggles with good visibilaty.
Professional Clown and Circus Performer.

#2 Xcessive

Xcessive

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

I have the Avatars, nice mask, it breathes well and has has a good field of vision. However, to me the lenses seem to scratch very easily.

#3 Freakshow

Freakshow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hmmm ok. Thanks for the advice. See my deal with the provantage is it doesnt look like it has very good view.
But yeah the avatars was what i was leaning to.

#4 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

the lenses do scratch a bit easily, but a single clear lens can be found for about $10. not a bad price. i've only had to replace the lenses once in the 6 months i've had it. the singles are also easy to clean. take em off, windex, or soap and water.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#5 Logan98

Logan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Empire E-vents i have a pair of those and a pair of dye i3 and i used the dyes once i have used the events for two years now with on problems they come with clear and smoke lenses and they are quick change it takes like 30 seconds to change lenses trust me you will love them

#6 Derek

Derek

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

I have Avatars, love them. They come with smoke and clear lenses (Thermal lenses, no fogging) and have a wide field of view. A lot of people complain about breathing in the mask, but I personally don't have any problems with that. :)

#7 psionicblade13

psionicblade13

deadnhistracks.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

I have profilers, they are really really nice. i would recommend over anything! but out of your two choices i would get the vents

#8 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

If you can find Proflex's for $70, you're set.

Nothing can beat them IMO other than Grillz, and MAYBE i4's.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#9 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

^or the vents.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#10 Freakshow

Freakshow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hahah i guess the vents is what il get. Thanks everyone!

#11 Logan98

Logan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

empire e-vents you will love them

#12 Mr. Choppy Pants

Mr. Choppy Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

I've got i3 Pros and I love them. I've worn Dye masks for about 5 years now and the only time I hate them is when it's time to change the lenses, and then BOY do I hate them. With the burning passion of a thousand suns. Fortunately, it's only for about an hour or so, then I go back to loving them :)

That said, many of my teammates swear by the e-Vents and I admit, they do look pretty sweet (not to mention my jealousy at the easy to remove lenses). i4s haven't impressed me in their looks or face protection, but I only wore them in the store and for a quick scrim, so I can't really judge.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users