• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 noobpaintballer

noobpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hollywood Sports Park is about 10 minutes away from me. Would it be worth it to go there? I have about 20 passes to it but I have only heard bad reviews. I really just want to play paintball, not the fields that much. I am wondering if the people there are friendly and if there are any lockers at the Park. Thank you again guys. This forum has been so helpful for me

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

It's my closest field also, but I seriously hate it there. A lot of cool people go, but the refs are asses, it's disorganized to hell, and when I went all day once I maybe shot 50 rounds with my pump. I was hoping to get a chance to shoot a couple hundred, but not even.

There is a reason why I will never go there again, I don't even have to pay for admission if I go. And if they catch you not using their paint they won't let you play, which btw suchs...
They do have lockers there though, maybe the only thing I liked about it...

#3 noobpaintballer

noobpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

I buy the HSP paint from a local store which suprisingly makes a big difference than buying it from the field. So thats no problem because the paint is like 20 dollars. I don't care about refs because I barely talk to them unless Im trying to find my way around. Since you said a lot of cool people go I think I am going to try it out. thanks man.

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

It doesn't matter if you talk to the refs, they don't pay attention where they should. They are overly strict on the chrono speed, it's hard to get a game going unless you are a beginner. One ref sent me and a group of guys to a beginner game cause most of us were using pumps, and a different ref kicked us off the field and threatened to not let us play if we do that again.

Go if you must try it, but I don't think I will ever go back there...

#5 noobpaintballer

noobpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hmm sounds terrible I think you just changed my mind. Thanks for the warning

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

What area do you live in?

#7 noobpaintballer

noobpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Fullerton/92833 Scvillage is 40 minutes away which just makes paintballing so inconvient

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

Honestly 40 minutes isn't that bad at all. I'd go to either sc or asg from where you are.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users