13 replies to this topic

#1 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

A lot of people have been saying the drum mag rap4 is coming out with (and even the higher cap dmags) is going to make first strike a high volume game. ive also heard a couple they are going to be shooting like the would if they had hopper fed marker or box mag. i really dont think there is anything to worry about. until we see a significant drop in price of first strikes, no one is going to be doing this.

on another note though, if the drum mag does come out before the next living legends, im bringing it and buying an extra box of first strike just to go full auto first strike during the dinner battle just to say i did so, lol

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

They drum magazine will hold nowhere near the capacity of a hopper.I will most likely hold less than 30 rounds.If you went full auto,you would probably run out within 5 seconds.It would have to be HUGE to hold a significant amount of FSR.I am not bashing it or you,just saying.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Nope, 100 rounds of First Strikes.

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=184432

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Holy shit.Someone divided by zero.

#5 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

?

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

It's going to definitely be an interesting change of pace to see a High Capacity First Strike magazine. Get a team of those and you'll be able to have a good suppression from an admirable distance, if they ahd the funds to back up buying that many FSR's.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Having played three Living Legends events with nothing but First Strikes (for a total of five Dinner/final battles cause I missed the dinner battle my first year), I can tell you, with a fair amount of certainty, they're not that helpful.

The main problem is simply a lack of line of sight for anything beyond standard paintball ranges. On the wooded side, there's too much brush, if you mount the hill, you'll be shot before you even aim at the folks in their back field, by the people right in front of you. If you're behind the hill, then you can't see what to shoot at.

Last year, in the woods, I wrapped far enough around to shoot at folks on the back side of their hill but, only those at my end of the hill because the high grass on the hill kept me from seeing folks in the middle.

Honestly, I hope the drum mag is a fail. Because if enough folks adapt FS rounds and high capacity loading systems, we'll simply be back to speedball in the woods, just over a longer range...

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Having played three Living Legends events with nothing but First Strikes (for a total of five Dinner/final battles cause I missed the dinner battle my first year), I can tell you, with a fair amount of certainty, they're not that helpful.

The main problem is simply a lack of line of sight for anything beyond standard paintball ranges. On the wooded side, there's too much brush, if you mount the hill, you'll be shot before you even aim at the folks in their back field, by the people right in front of you. If you're behind the hill, then you can't see what to shoot at.

Last year, in the woods, I wrapped far enough around to shoot at folks on the back side of their hill but, only those at my end of the hill because the high grass on the hill kept me from seeing folks in the middle.

Honestly, I hope the drum mag is a fail. Because if enough folks adapt FS rounds and high capacity loading systems, we'll simply be back to speedball in the woods, just over a longer range...

I agree with you in the fact that it won't be particularly helpful in the Dinner or Final battles, but I would imagine on the more "conceptual" courses that some fields offer that are various bunkers and buildings spread around, it'll offer a nice trade off for mag fed players, a new way to do business if you will. I don't think it will "revolutionize" woodsball as we know it, but it'll be another niche market for those with the time, money and inclination.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

?

I didn't think it was possible.

#10 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

?

Do we even know for certain that it is? All we've seen so far is a model but I can't remember seeing an actual functioning 100 round drum mag shooting 100 fs rounds. I have no idea how they could get it to work with out it being massive or overly complicated, making it either very expensive or prone to breaking down or just not working well in general. Anyone else try and think of how one could do this?

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#11 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

?

Do we even know for certain that it is? All we've seen so far is a model but I can't remember seeing an actual functioning 100 round drum mag shooting 100 fs rounds. I have no idea how they could get it to work with out it being massive or overly complicated, making it either very expensive or prone to breaking down or just not working well in general. Anyone else try and think of how one could do this?

the way it works is that they have the first strikes go in a spiral in the shape of a spring, haveing 50 rounds in each drum. its actually quite simple, i would say the hardest part in achieving this would be getting an even amount of pressure on the first strikes no matter how many rounds are left.

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yeah,the last few in each mag wouldn't feed unless you had springs powerful enough to break the first few loaded into it.

#13 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think this is a great idea! It would add a whole new style of more realistic gameplay.

#14 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

i dont think it will add anything to the game. in fact, the only thing i think it will do is make so people who use first strike will only have to reload 2 or 3 times a day (non at all if they are good)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users