• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Timmer1717

Timmer1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

So my dad recently sold his business and we now have this big ass old industrial building. Its 3 stories and we've been trying to figure out what to do with it. I said we build a paintball field. Big first floor could be a cool urban course. Middle could be speedball, and a nice proshop up top. Just wondering if anyone knows what it would cost to get this all up and running and how we get certified and all that good stuff. Also, reballs instead of normal paint? Keep it cleaner inside but how would we pick them all up and would it be cost effective? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Throw some ideas out too if you got em
A good friend will bust you out of jail, but a GREAT friend will be sitting in the cell with you saying, "Man, that was fun!"
Tippmann 98 Custom with Auto- Response Trigger, Cyclone Feed System, and 16 inch sniper barrel.
Soon to be more if i can scrounge up some money...

#2 SON1C

SON1C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

i think you should have cheap reball days, but not all reball, thats not appealing to me

#3 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

but the proshop on the first floor, would rather walk into a pro shop, get my paint, then go up to a field. you will need an industrial grade air compressor and a fill station

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#4 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Go to the U.S Small Business Administration and get their Business Plan Template. The physical act of completing this plan will help you determine everything you need to know.

#5 SON1C

SON1C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

i thought that ^ but figured the third floor would be the smallest aka best for shop and bot would be best for field, however if all equal definitely shop the first floor

#6 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

i actually love the idea have maybe two speedball fields one reball one paintball. youd have to hire some refs buy some bunkers create a proshop buy turf buy the paint and the markers then you got to create a food are maybe a nice little deep frier place u also need netting maybe some touch up to the place itself fill statoin compressor and a create bathrooms. maybe even start a team and a lil birthsay area. however this all comes at a cost that cud cost upwards to 500000 but as little as maybe 25000

#7 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yes, Pro shop, registration, and chrono on first floor. You can also create air systems on each floor.

#8 Timmer1717

Timmer1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

if i get a chance to run in there soon i will take some pics. thing is, the top floor is already really nice office space so thats where i was thinking the shop could go. the rest is concrete industrial stuff...

i think you should have cheap reball days, but not all reball, thats not appealing to me

this is my other concern: mess Thats why i was thinking reballs to keep the place as clean as possible but we could always go in once a week and pressure wash it out?

Edited by Timmer1717, 24 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

A good friend will bust you out of jail, but a GREAT friend will be sitting in the cell with you saying, "Man, that was fun!"
Tippmann 98 Custom with Auto- Response Trigger, Cyclone Feed System, and 16 inch sniper barrel.

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

if i get a chance to run in there soon i will take some pics. thing is, the top floor is already really nice office space so thats where i was thinking the shop could go. the rest is concrete industrial stuff...

this is my other concern: mess Thats why i was thinking reballs to keep the place as clean as possible but we could always go in once a week and pressure wash it out?

You would have to deflate the bunkers,move them,wash,reflate,and set up,every week.For a guide to opening a field,PM me.

#10 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Location?

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Is this for sure? Also where would it be at? Sound awesome.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

#13 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

http://app1.sba.gov/.../bptemplate.pdf

#14 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

My local field, Brew City Paintball, opened up in December. They are located in an old warehouse with a pro-shop and two fields inside. I can give you the owner's email and the number for the field if you want to get into contact and see how he runs things and keeps the place clean

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#15 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would suggest partitioning the first floor into a pro shop and speedball field. That leaves the entire 2nd floor for an urban field. You could the use the top floor for administration offices/employee area for your refs to put their gear and what-not. My field also has a deal with mark's pizzeria and they serve the entire menu (gets delivered) so that could be an option.

Also, reballs often turn people off of fields. My field has the refs scoop the paint off bunkers every game then cleans the bunkers more thoroughly after open play. this keeps the bunkers inflated for much longer.

Edited by jimbob23929, 24 July 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#16 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

If you have enough room put the pro shop on bottom floor up front and airball field behind it with plexi glass windows diving them so people can watch. It can be the "premiere" spot and make it available for renting for teams and such.

#17 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Also....how close is the closest field to where that building is?

#18 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

Also....how close is the closest field to where that building is?

I am jealous! This sounds like a fun opportunity. Good luck. You have received alot of really great suggestions, so far. With regards to the pro shop on the 3rd floor? Don't just think of people walking in off the street to buy markers, pod packs, paint, etc. Coming from someone who knows a little about retail - The harder you make it for people to shop, the easier it is for them to buy stuff online. Trust me, people will think twice about shopping there if they need to walk a flight of steps or even use an elevator. God help you if they have to walk down a hallway.

Easy in, Easy out, Easy cash!

The fact that the first floor is concrete slab, makes it easy to subdivide for different uses. How large is the building? How many square feet on each floor? Also, is it clear span or are there posts / columns or walls in the way?

#19 SON1C

SON1C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Pics!

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Thats awesome. I am hoping near Cleveland.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#21 amjam94

amjam94

TechPB's Resident Hungarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

if you plan on keeping your field clean with ease i suggest a drain system in the floors so cleaning it wouldn't be such a hassle. also you may also want to invest in some floors driers if you plan on using water to clean the fields.

good luck!
NJ Baller
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#22 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Check out AllStar paintball in New York. They are an indoor field that uses real paint balls, you should check out how they clean their field for ideas.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#23 Timmer1717

Timmer1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

sorry bud it would be dayton if it happens.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. if i have a chance to go in i will definetly take some photos.
As for some of the questions, you almost have to walk to the top floor as soon as you come in the building. all floors are broken up with walls and pillars. easier to show you lol so hopefully if i get off work i can go in...

#24 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks everyone for the ideas. if i have a chance to go in i will definetly take some photos.
As for some of the questions, you almost have to walk to the top floor as soon as you come in the building. all floors are broken up with walls and pillars. easier to show you lol so hopefully if i get off work i can go in...

Crap. I was hoping for a new field to try out. Maybe when I drive down to visit family I could stop by if it happens. 3hrs is a bit far for a day of paintball.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#25 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

To keep it clean get netting around the field so walls dont get dirty

Ohio Raiders 

#26 Timmer1717

Timmer1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Crap. I was hoping for a new field to try out. Maybe when I drive down to visit family I could stop by if it happens. 3hrs is a bit far for a day of paintball.

yea no kidding lol

#27 survivorspbteam

survivorspbteam

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well is there a larger population of paintballers or airsofters where you live? Possibly making a mix field would be cool, floor for paintball, and a floor for airsoft, t may not be what you like but if you have airsoft kids they need a place to ppay to play.
i rock a fx fusion

#28 Timmer1717

Timmer1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Well is there a larger population of paintballers or airsofters where you live? Possibly making a mix field would be cool, floor for paintball, and a floor for airsoft, t may not be what you like but if you have airsoft kids they need a place to ppay to play.

theres some but not enough to dedicate a whole area to their play. the field i currently play at sells airsoft guns and ammo etc. at their proshop but there isnt really enough players there to get a game going. so if anything was built for airsoft here it would just be for the sale of supplies..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users