Photo

V2 Boss bolt vs Lurker bolt vs Techt bolt vs Infamous/XSV bolt

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: V2 Boss bolt vs Lurker bolt vs Techt bolt vs Infamous/XSV bolt (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Which bolt is better?

1. Voted V2 Boss bolt (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Voted Lurker Eigenbolt (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. TechT MRT bolt (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Voted Infamous/XSV Boss bolt (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Drxid

Drxid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm looking to upgrade the bolt on my Axe, but I'm not sure the pros and cons of each. I'm leaning more towards the V2 Boss bolt or the Infamous Boss bolt. Suggestions?

#2 Drxid

Drxid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Can you state why if you vote please?

#3 Drxid

Drxid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Seriously people! Please state why!!!

#4 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

i had nothing buy joys from my lurker. unbelievably quiet, substantial pressure drop, and no problems

#5 Drxid

Drxid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

i had nothing buy joys from my lurker. unbelievably quiet, substantial pressure drop, and no problems

Okay cool. Thanks for replying.

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

I have no first hand experience, but lots of interest as both of my daughters like to shoot the mini and the axe. From what I've seen in real life, they both are significantly better over the stock bolt - quieter, more efficient, smoother shot. Many people have posted youtube videos showing the Lurker to have a greater increase in velocity which allows you to turn it down more and get a quieter shot than the boss bolts. Everyone agrees that the Lurker is generally harder to install, but we're really just talking about an extra spacer in the bolt engine.

Now, as of about June, there have been some rumored changes to the Lurker bolt based on some "blurker/eigenboss" bolt combinations that were being used by pbnation players. The thread is here: http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3821379

If the Lurker bolt has been improved to be like a blurker without paying for two bolts now - well, then it's hands down the better choice. Both of the Lurker owners, Ryan and Gabe, occasionally post here and in the punkworks section. Ryan was amazingly fast to respond to my questions during my Eigenbarrel purchase. I would highly recommend their products. You won't go wrong with the Boss if you want simpler install, but the Lurker should give you slight (old eigenbolt) or massive (new "blurker" eigenbolt) performance improvement if you don't mind the additional spacer.

EDIT: Forgot to say, from what I've read, most people agree that the TechT bolt is a tier below both the Boss and Lurker bolts.

Edited by Unfated33, 27 July 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#7 Drxid

Drxid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I have no first hand experience, but lots of interest as both of my daughters like to shoot the mini and the axe. From what I've seen in real life, they both are significantly better over the stock bolt - quieter, more efficient, smoother shot. Many people have posted youtube videos showing the Lurker to have a greater increase in velocity which allows you to turn it down more and get a quieter shot than the boss bolts. Everyone agrees that the Lurker is generally harder to install, but we're really just talking about an extra spacer in the bolt engine.

Now, as of about June, there have been some rumored changes to the Lurker bolt based on some "blurker/eigenboss" bolt combinations that were being used by pbnation players. The thread is here: http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3821379

If the Lurker bolt has been improved to be like a blurker without paying for two bolts now - well, then it's hands down the better choice. Both of the Lurker owners, Ryan and Gabe, occasionally post here and in the punkworks section. Ryan was amazingly fast to respond to my questions during my Eigenbarrel purchase. I would highly recommend their products. You won't go wrong with the Boss if you want simpler install, but the Lurker should give you slight (old eigenbolt) or massive (new "blurker" eigenbolt) performance improvement if you don't mind the additional spacer.

EDIT: Forgot to say, from what I've read, most people agree that the TechT bolt is a tier below both the Boss and Lurker bolts.

That was a beautiful response :'( lol. But anyways thank your for all the information. I think I'm leaning more towards the Lurker now. I am going to try and contact Ryan and get more info as well. Thanks again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users