40 replies to this topic

#1 spisla

spisla

I made Mr. Rogers eat paint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Oh boy, Junior year is coming up. What everyone says is the hardest year is looking to be true. Let me try and explain this to you guys. Here we go...

Spoiler

TL;DR:
Spoiler

Real TL;DR:
Spoiler

Edited by spisla, 26 July 2012 - 01:45 AM.

Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

NorthWest Ballers club. TechPB feedback

#2 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

damn bro

anyways i did something similar to this my sophmore year, i took the average number of classes but took them ap or acclerated but also did marching band (practice 5-6 days a week plus competiton weekly) which was a 3 hour pratice usally, then did all the little extra esembles such as jazz, brass quintet, and indoor drumline which was as bad as marching band really, so i was at school for about 11-12 hours a day for about 6 months of the year. Its hard but you can always find time to pratice and get Homework done. Personally i got up at 4:30 or 5:00 and did my homework and when i got home at night (7:00 to 9:00 pm) i praticed with the soft tips of my mallets on my bed or read through my cancert band music and played it in my head while listening to a recording of it by an orchestra. (kinda hard to take a tuba home everyday.)

where my parents mad at me for dropping sports?

no because they like to hear me play and i got a better work out then the sports teams by doing marching band and indoor drum line (5th bass ftw)

did i make amazing grades?
nope but i finished with all A's and B thats was 1 point away from a A Posted Image

if you prefer music then take whatever music classes you want, dont let your friends or parents dictate whether or not your having fun in highschool, besides you said "im not very good at them" which leads me to believe you dont enjoy them neary as much as music, so why do something that makes you semi happy when you could do something that makes you really happy?

by the way im a huge performance arts advocate.....:D

Edited by HU Soldier, 26 July 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm taking 2 sciences next year along with algebra 2/trigionmetry <_< But then I'm also taking classes I enjoy such a journalism. I'm both excited and a little nervous for junipr year. Last year I didn't have nearly as much homework as most people did so I always felt like I wasn't being the best I could be.

#4 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

damn bro

anyways i did something similar to this my sophmore year, i took the average number of classes but took them ap or acclerated but also did marching band (practice 5-6 days a week plus competiton weekly) which was a 3 hour pratice usally, then did all the little extra esembles such as jazz, brass quintet, and indoor drumline which was as bad as marching band really, so i was at school for about 11-12 hours a day for about 6 months of the year. Its hard but you can always find time to pratice and get Homework done. Personally i got up at 4:30 or 5:00 and did my homework and when i got home at night (7:00 to 9:00 pm) i praticed with the soft tips of my mallets on my bed or read through my cancert band music and played it in my head while listening to a recording of it by an orchestra. (kinda hard to take a tuba home everyday.)

where my parents mad at me for dropping sports?

no because they like to hear me play and i got a better work out then the sports teams by doing marching band and indoor drum line (5th bass ftw)

did i make amazing grades?
nope but i finished with all A's and B thats was 1 point away from a A Posted Image

if you prefer music then take whatever music classes you want, dont let your friends or parents dictate whether or not your having fun in highschool, besides you said "im not very good at them" which leads me to believe you dont enjoy them neary as much as music, so why do something that makes you semi happy when you could do something that makes you really happy?

by the way im a huge performance arts advocate.....:D

Glad to hear I'm not completely alone on this haha. One of the things that's really pushing me to do sports is my own personal pride. I can't explain it, but I feel like I have to at least do good before I quit. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, just not nearly as much as I love music. Which makes me wish our band program was a lot better at our school :lol: We have a new director though, and in one year we have gotten noticeably better.

And with my parents and sports, well. They've always tried to push me into sports as well. Well, what parent wouldn't push their son into doing sports, right? I just feel like they would be really disappointed in me if I dropped them, which would suck..

and to PB=life, I'm taking the same math course, but everyone's told me the trigonometry course is pretty much pre-calc, so I called it that for simplicity :P

and I'm a little excited to, just a little freaked out at the same time.
Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

#5 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Take some easy classes (at least next year)...senior year I only had 3 real classes. Hung out with friends most of the day, played SSBM tournaments on a giant projector and skipped most of my classes for the last 2 months of school, shit was so cash.

Edited by hogzilla88, 26 July 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#6 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

okay then satisfy your need for music and parents need for sports, marching band, the not so cool sport and if your school is like mine then well, the marching band will have more trophies and awards then the football team ;)

#7 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Take some easy classes (at least next year)...senior year I only had 3 real classes. Hung out with friends most of the day, played SSBM tournaments on a giant projector and skipped class for the last 2 months of school, shit was so cash.

I'm taking the easiest classes I can, while still being able to graduate and go to college on time. Senior year is going to be a BREEZE. I think I'll have 3 free periods :lol:
Posted Image

#8 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

okay then satisfy your need for music and parents need for sports, marching band, the not so cool sport and if your school is like mine then well, the marching band will have more trophies and awards then the football team ;)

Except, our band was really bad until probably about this year. Even last year we weren't that good, but we got sooo much better than we used to be. And we just do the standard parades as of now, until a few years down the road, then MAYBE when I'm gone they will start doing actual shows.
Posted Image

#9 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Except, our band was really bad until probably about this year. Even last year we weren't that good, but we got sooo much better than we used to be. And we just do the standard parades as of now, until a few years down the road, then MAYBE when I'm gone they will start doing actual shows.

awhh ya parades suck, you could always drop one of the sports? Its hard squeezing sports into a band filled sechulde

#10 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

awhh ya parades suck, you could always drop one of the sports? Its hard squeezing sports into a band filled sechulde

Am I the only one that likes parades? :lol: It all depends on if I can handle it or not. If it's too much with sports, I'll have to drop sports. Seeing as my band doesn't require THAT much dedication to (at the risk of sounding cocky) be the best player, I don't think I'll need that much extra time. However, that MIGHT change. but I'll see, this year will have lots of changes...
Posted Image

#11 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

um yeah you are prolly, the are stop and go straight forward, i did one in new york that was a little over 14 blocks i believe, pure hell. ya i would just see how a the first couple of weeks go frist

#12 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

um yeah you are prolly, the are stop and go straight forward, i did one in new york that was a little over 14 blocks i believe, pure hell. ya i would just see how a the first couple of weeks go frist

The small parade I do is like 2 miles long. with a couple turns. 14 blocks going straight?

Well, it IS new york, so the block are a lot bigger...
Posted Image

#13 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I decided to drop foosbawl after the first semester of my Junior year. I was on Varsity and I was a punching bag for a large part of it.

Took a LOT of weight off my shoulders.

#14 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

I decided to drop foosbawl after the first semester of my Junior year. I was on Varsity and I was a punching bag for a large part of it.

I'll just have to wait and see I suppose. My football team is also very bad, so it's a lloooong season if you catch my drift..
Posted Image

#15 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

I hear you man.

My school schedule is 7 classes, and I'm taking 3 AP core classes junior year (Fuck AP English, too many damn projects). and on top of that, I'm taking a Dual Credit class (Intro to Engineering) which is a college, AND high school class. I have to attend a Community College campus, which means, I'm actually, technically already in college. Busy, busy, busy, with a part time job. Now, don't get me wrong, I brought this upon myself, and it's what I want. It's just going to be hard.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#16 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I hear you man.

My school schedule is 7 classes, and I'm taking 3 AP core classes junior year (Fuck AP English, too many damn projects). and on top of that, I'm taking a Dual Credit class (Intro to Engineering) which is a college, AND high school class. I have to attend a Community College campus, which means, I'm actually, technically already in college. Busy, busy, busy, with a part time job. Now, don't get me wrong, I brought this upon myself, and it's what I want. It's just going to be hard.

I could've done the same thing. I CHOSE not to take AP classes though, because I know it will be hard enough. I also CHOSE not to do running start (Go to the community college right across the street for classes) because I just want as normal of a high school experience as I can get. and honestly, I don't think I'm ready for college yet.
Posted Image

#17 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

High school isn't going to prepare you for college. My sister has told me this NUMEROUS times.

#18 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Also, high school is 90% showing up. If you can drag your ass to class most of the time, you'll do fine.

#19 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Also, high school is 90% showing up. If you can drag your ass to class most of the time, you'll do fine.

Except to my family "fine" doesn't cut it. My mom actually got mad at me once because I had a C+. When my mom isn't happy, I'm not happy. So I've got to work my ass off to keep an A in most of my classes. It's more work than you would think... Well, for me anyway. My only two strong classes are math and Band. Everything else I'm not very good at. Maybe it was my teachers, but who knows..
Posted Image

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sounds tough. My sophomore year I am taking alg2/trig and chemistry. I am trying to get all classes required to graduate by my first semester of my junior year. I can't play football anymore because of a stomach surgery, but I still play lacrosse in the spring other than that I don't do any school extra curricular activities. I was never any good at band.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#21 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Your schedule being packed is no ones fault but yours.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#22 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Your schedule being packed is no ones fault but yours.

Yes and no. Yes, because I'm making the choice to take health online instead of next year, as well as the extra stuff(sports, jazz band etc.), but no because I have to take my 3rd year of science, and start a language (I only have 2 years left, and I need two years of a language) THIS year if I want to go to college. sure, I could take chemistry senior year and just skip a year from science, but then that would make that class fairly hard because I took an entire year off.

I'm not blaming anyone or anything, but it is definitely not entirely my fault. Sure, I COULD drop sports this year, but Then I'll need something else to relieve my stress, which will be hard to find. I'll admit, as bad as I am at sports, cracking someone in football or slamming some guys face into the mat definitely relaxes me. Paintball helps, yeah, but sometimes it can cause more stress than I even had. My guns like to go down a lot you see.. Oh, and I rarely get to go anymore because of money issues.
Posted Image

#23 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

yupp, i got a hella-tough junior year as well :/

#24 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

My time in grade 10 was a breeze, i took 2 20 languages ( chinese AP and spanish) math, ap english, social, engineering and social and PE i had 5 tutors between 2 semesters. i fit in football (captain) and T&F. and at the end i played a lot paintball and trained for football every day.
pulled off an A- grade average

next year i'mm taking the same thing but all ap and 30 languages.

it seems like ts going to be hard to make everything work but it reality it won't be

something i learnt:

DO YOUR HOMEWORK! If you do your homework, you get easy marks and quizs and tests won't require as much studying.

Posted Image

#25 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image

kyle, i have given you alot of long advice over the years. This is alot more simple.

Relax. just relax.

another peice of advice i have is too keep lifting evethough you dont play any sports. unless you got a girlfriend that is the best stress reliever. and looking at your schedule youll have a lot of that.

Edited by Baux18, 27 July 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#26 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

kyle, i have given you alot of long advice over the years. This is alot more simple.

Relax. just relax.

another peice of advice i have is too keep lifting evethough you dont play any sports. unless you got a girlfriend that is the best stress reliever. and looking at your schedule youll have a lot of that.

Yeah, if I end up dropping sports I guess I'll be in the weight room when I have time. I actually completely spaced out that we had a weight room haha.
Posted Image

#27 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

I wouldn't doubt for one minute he can't do it. From what I've seen on the forums, and in the chat, he seems like a really competent, and smart guy.

Certainly, sports take off stress and they are a lot of fun, but pick the one you like the least and drop it. I will find it hard to believe if you can't find one. :P Maybe football, maybe wrestling, (DON'T YOU DARE DROP PAINTBALL.) whichever one.

#28 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I wouldn't doubt for one minute he can't do it. From what I've seen on the forums, and in the chat, he seems like a really competent, and smart guy.

Certainly, sports take off stress and they are a lot of fun, but pick the one you like the least and drop it. I will find it hard to believe if you can't find one. :P Maybe football, maybe wrestling, (DON'T YOU DARE DROP PAINTBALL.) whichever one.

D'aww thanks :P

Paintball isn't something I spend time doing though. It's more of a hobby for me right now than it is a sport.

Football and wrestling are at seperate times, so dropping one and not the other would do too much, except give me more time during the first half of the year. If anything I'll drop football, just because we're a really bad team, so the season just drags on... But I'd rather not actually drop it. Sports definitely relieves more stress than weight lifting does haha.
Posted Image

#29 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'll just have to wait and see I suppose. My football team is also very bad, so it's a lloooong season if you catch my drift..

Unless you really love the sport, then get out. Never know when you will dislocate and few fingers and bust a bursa sac in your knee that will put you out of playing your instrument or the rest of the game. It was fun while it lasted for me. Got way to political on the varsity level.

That and they paired me up with a skinny little bastard and expected me to get him stronger when he kept on giving up. It took so much damn energy to get him up and going and keeping my patience with him that he eventually quit right after I did. He threw up around the squat rack, I had to take off about 100 pounds every time we rotated bench, about 150 to 200 when we did squats, and he would just slack off and screw around. One time he didn't pay attention and was talking around bench and I needed a spot on the last rep. I ended up lowering it on my chest and getting yelled at. I'm there to do work and become stronger, not babysit a shitty attitude for the coaches.

Edited by Dak-Attack, 27 July 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#30 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

You can't do it, drop out now :dodgy:

Sounds like the opposite for me, I'm taking it easy junior year, I only have 4 real classes.

#31 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

I don't even want to think about school right now.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#32 jstinch44

jstinch44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and one class on monday and wednesday at 6PM.
Indeed a large schedule is hard, but after you finish it its a pretty awesome feeling, and you also accomplish a lot more than if you had a flimsy schedule. Keep calm and carry on. (olympics joke lawl)

#33 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

i'm going into my sophomore year. online it says i have 2 classes that I didn't request that there's NO WAY i'm going to take them. i also have a very hard teacher for chemistry.....not looking forward to it at all. also, i'm playing soccer for the first time this year..try-outs are this coming up monday I hope it make the team. going to have soccer all the way until october. not looking forward to this year ugh....not to mention they extended our school day by 10 MINUTES.....really ok??.... <_<

#34 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

I feel ya man I'm in a similar situation as far as lots of classes and a really tight schedule. Also, DO THE COMBO JAZZ COMBO'S ARE SO FUN!
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#35 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

If you pull this all off (which I'm willing to bet you will) you will be a much more prepared person with stronger skills than, lets say... some one else who is a junior and plays trombone. PLUS being able to juggle that many things in life is a good skill to learn and eventually in adulthood it could get worse, so get prepared.

PS: it's 1:30 AM and I'm tired so that reply might not have made a very smooth read..
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#36 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I don't even want to think about school right now.

Fucking this. I'm just gonna enjoy summer right now while I can.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#37 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm thinking about it because well, I just have too much time to think :P

Turkey, I definitely plan on trying to do the jazz combo. It just depends on how things go right now. If I drop sports, I'll have time, if not, we'll see.

Dak-Attack: I do love the sport, but it's not my life. I don't love it to the extent some of the other people at my school go to. So, I'm still going to do it, ad see what happens.
Posted Image

#38 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

jr year blows took calculus, my jr year, Was suppsoe to go to the state championship in tennis, i miss almost a week of class, teacher failed me couldnt go to state... so yea jr year sucks!! but senior year you dont do shit!
Posted Image

#39 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

jr year blows took calculus, my jr year, Was suppsoe to go to the state championship in tennis, i miss almost a week of class, teacher failed me couldnt go to state... so yea jr year sucks!! but senior year you dont do shit!

Well, isn't that your fault? You decided to put sports before academics in high school...
Posted Image

#40 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm excited about my Junior year. I have an awesome schedule, I can finally drive to school.

Shits gunna be so cash.

#41 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'm excited about my Junior year. I have an awesome schedule, I can finally drive to school.

Shits gunna be so cash.

I'm excited too, I just don't know if it's going to be too much.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users