Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Leave a reply if this is your field! :D
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#2 Jdalty

Jdalty

Call your hit!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Never been there, where is it?

#3 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Upton MA. If you know where friendly fire is, it's literally 5 minutes away from that. Their woodsball fields actually touch lol
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4

#4 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

HOLY SHIT just had the most incredible time there today. My friend and I were late getting to the field cause we had other shit to do today, so we arrived at about 1:45 and we were going to the counter to pay the entry fee and they told us about the deal where it's free entry if you buy a case of paint, then the guy's like "You know what? Both of you can go free for that one case, we're almost closing" (they closed at 3:30 today) so we get there, must be something about the summer and everyone going away, there were absolutely no rental players there (not that i hate rentals, they're just tougher to play with, cause they don't understand everything as well) And it was just public airball, about 8 guys total we did teams of 4 each and i think they had one of the refs playing, i asked one of the refs to explain to me what the bunkers were called cause i knew what snake and dorito and cans are but i didn't know the other ones like aztec and another one i think it was called race? anyway we all communicated very well on the field and i got lit up once and i have a big welt on the back of my neck but other than that it was a great day! Everyone was very nice there. I had been there before when they had foxball going so they were only doing public woodsball with a lot of newbies and i didn't enjoy myself as much but today was definitely a new experience that will bring me back there soon, and hopefully for some tourneys!

Yea, fox 4 is mah field ;)

My Feedback 4/0/0

#5 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, Wednesdays are when the "pros" come out. I couldn't make it today, I was too beat from going to six flags yesterday :)
I get the whole not playing with rental thing, it's not that we don't like them, it's just that their lack of experience is irksome.
I'm going to the ninja camp with Greg Hastings on the 18th, can't wait :)
I'm also gonna buy a pump so I'll have a new gun to try out soon :D
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#6 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sounds awesome. Are you a ref there? (Your avatar looks like you're wearing a ref jesery)

My Feedback 4/0/0

#7 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

fox is a pretty nice field...i go up for their nps events

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#8 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Sounds awesome. Are you a ref there? (Your avatar looks like you're wearing a ref jesery)

No, that pic isn't me, I just found it and thought that it was funny :P
When I turn 16, I'm going to apply for a reffing position :)

fox is a pretty nice field...i go up for their nps events

One of, if not the best in MA :)
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#9 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

My friend does a lot of the foxball events, he said I could compete with him the only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't have a cf tank.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#10 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

My friend does a lot of the foxball events, he said I could compete with him the only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't have a cf tank.

Foxball is fun, kinda expensive, but fun
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#11 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

It's actually a lot more reasonably priced than some events

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#12 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

For a 5 event season with a 5 man team and custom jerseys it's actually a pretty sweet deal, but tournament paintball in general is expensive :P
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#13 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

For a 5 event season with a 5 man team and custom jerseys it's actually a pretty sweet deal, but tournament paintball in general is expensive :P

it comes with 12 jerseys because you should generally roster about 10 for xball...makes it come out to only $175 each for the season not including paint

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#14 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

it comes with 12 jerseys because you should generally roster about 10 for xball...makes it come out to only $175 each for the season not including paint

Each player also gets a case of paint per event
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#15 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Would any of you guys want to group up this weekend or next Wednesday? I hate going alone, it's a ton more fun when you can brag with some friends after a round. I mainly play woodsball and have for about 3 years now, but never got into speedball cause it's pretty intimidating. I'd play speed if we got a small group though.

#16 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

i thought that was only for finals at the end of the year

Entry Cost

Major Leagues: $2,500 per team - includes 12 team jerseys
Minor Leagues: $1,750 per team - includes 12 team jerseys
Team deposit of $750 due by December 31, 2011, remainder due by March 15, 2012

Paint Cost
Major Leagues: $45 per case (tax included)
Minor Leagues: $50 per case (tax included)

Playoffs
For the Major League the top 6 teams in will compete in the finals. The finals will be single elimination. Each team will receive 5 free cases of paint for each of their playoff matches. The top two teams will receive byes for the first round. For the Minor League it will be 2 from Saturday, 2 from Sunday and then the next 2 highest ranked teams of all remaining teams. The league leader from both the Minor League Saturday and Minor League Sunday groups will earn byes for the first round. Each team will receive 5 free cases of paint for each of their playoff matches.

All-Star Game
All players will be eligible for the All-star game. Teams will consist of players from both the Majors and Minor leagues. Once it is determined how many teams are in the league for 2012 we will figure out how to distribute the players slots to the various teams and divisions. There will be a $40 fee for each participant in the All-star game. This fee will cover the special addition All-star jersey as well as 12 cases of paint per team.

Edited by etekgirl27, 15 August 2012 - 04:45 PM.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#17 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Would any of you guys want to group up this weekend or next Wednesday? I hate going alone, it's a ton more fun when you can brag with some friends after a round. I mainly play woodsball and have for about 3 years now, but never got into speedball cause it's pretty intimidating. I'd play speed if we got a small group though.

I'm going on saturday for the greg hastings camp.

i thought that was only for finals at the end of the year

Entry Cost

Major Leagues: $2,500 per team - includes 12 team jerseys
Minor Leagues: $1,750 per team - includes 12 team jerseys
Team deposit of $750 due by December 31, 2011, remainder due by March 15, 2012

Paint Cost
Major Leagues: $45 per case (tax included)
Minor Leagues: $50 per case (tax included)

Playoffs
For the Major League the top 6 teams in will compete in the finals. The finals will be single elimination. Each team will receive 5 free cases of paint for each of their playoff matches. The top two teams will receive byes for the first round. For the Minor League it will be 2 from Saturday, 2 from Sunday and then the next 2 highest ranked teams of all remaining teams. The league leader from both the Minor League Saturday and Minor League Sunday groups will earn byes for the first round. Each team will receive 5 free cases of paint for each of their playoff matches.

All-Star Game
All players will be eligible for the All-star game. Teams will consist of players from both the Majors and Minor leagues. Once it is determined how many teams are in the league for 2012 we will figure out how to distribute the players slots to the various teams and divisions. There will be a $40 fee for each participant in the All-star game. This fee will cover the special addition All-star jersey as well as 12 cases of paint per team.

Last year every player got a case, I didn't know that it changed.
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!

#18 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

What time during the day were you thinking? I might have crew tryouts but I may be able to show up for part of the day

EDIT: Just checked and it doesn't look like I have tryouts until thursday so I should be good to go.

Edited by PieCars, 16 August 2012 - 03:13 PM.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#19 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

What time during the day were you thinking? I might have crew tryouts but I may be able to show up for part of the day

EDIT: Just checked and it doesn't look like I have tryouts until thursday so I should be good to go.

I get my work schedule for next week (Work week starts on Sunday for me) tomorrow. I should be able to let you know around noonish, maybe a little later.

#20 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Alright sounds good man, and just letting you know if you go with me you're gonna play speedball, I friggin love it :D

My Feedback 4/0/0

#21 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Alright sounds good man, and just letting you know if you go with me you're gonna play speedball, I friggin love it :D

I have an old PMI Piranha with a shake & bake... speedball is gonna be interesting with that :P

#22 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to play this week, work kinda screwed me over :/

#23 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Literally I was about to post the same thing. Well at least its good neither of us is missing out

My Feedback 4/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users