Photo

Dm9 vs Droid

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Dm9 vs Droid (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Dm9 vs Droid

1. dm9 (27 votes [45.76%])

Percentage of vote: 45.76%

2. droid (32 votes [54.24%])

Percentage of vote: 54.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dixinormus

Dixinormus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:52 AM

State your reasons. (first poll dont know if it will work)
Joy Division Fan #1
Ironmen fan #4

#2 A.Tech

A.Tech

Mowing ur face member. =]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

Droids are amazing in efficiency and way more efficiency then any Dye/proto Marker hell prob the best out there. I even heard that you can get almost a case if not 1900 shots out of a Droid with a 68/45!

It is a tough one because I like the feel of the dyes way more then the overly large grip on the droid. I never got to shoot a Droid(only held) so I can't comment on the shooting but I have shot DM/PMs. The Droid is nice but I can't see myself buying a gun for $1100 bucks with the name of Dangerous power as a brand when they are not even close to Dye in terms of a large company and mass production. It would be like going for a company like ICD before they went out of bussiness with their promaster. I tend not to ever spend that much on a marker company that only has 2 guns out. a.k.a DP with their Cyborg & droid.

Wants Bob Long Vices black/blue and DM9s. UL 692 Dust Barrel, Dye Rotor, ZN'd Events, Myth GA Stubby 48/45.
Auzy #12

#3 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Droids are amazing in efficiency and way more efficiency then any Dye/proto Marker hell prob the best out there. I even heard that you can get almost a case if not 1900 shots out of a Droid with a 68/45!

It is a tough one because I like the feel of the dyes way more then the overly large grip on the droid. I never got to shoot a Droid(only held) so I can't comment on the shooting but I have shot DM/PMs. The Droid is nice but I can't see myself buying a gun for $1100 bucks with the name of Dangerous power as a brand when they are not even close to Dye in terms of a large company and mass production. It would be like going for a company like ICD before they went out of bussiness with their promaster. I tend not to ever spend that much on a marker company that only has 2 guns out. a.k.a DP with their Cyborg & droid.

DP doesn't make the Cyborg and Droid. That would be MacDev. The Cyborg has been around since 04 and before that MacDev had their own model of Autococker. I don't know where you got your info on MacDev (or as you think, Dangerous Power), but you are sorely misinformed.

I voted for the Droid (only one thus far to do so) because it is extremely efficient and smooth shooting, and I love MacDev's high quality manufacturing - I have no idea what the last guy was talking about. And MacDev markers come with some of the best regs around, as well as amazing software and a great barrel.

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#4 Extreme-Pb

Extreme-Pb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

DM8>Dm9>droid.

#5 Quency

Quency

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

Sorry to say, but your info is completely wrong. But that is ok, at least you will learn something new.

As far as thre markers, I would go for the Droid just for their efficiency. They are quiet, smooth, and have no kick what so ever, I love them
I tech DM's and I love them, they are awesome markers, but MAC dev went to a whole other place with this marker, they shoot so amazingly it is increadible.

#6 White Shadow

White Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Actualy Droids Aren't That Efficiant i own one it Shoots Awsome But they're at all not That efficiant I can't even get 3 Pods on a 48/45 Tank and I know I'm right Because I used it on the Droid for like 5 Practices Before I realized it wasn't Efficiant But I voted For Droid Because it's an awsome Shooting Gun......................

#7 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

Actualy Droids Aren't That Efficiant i own one it Shoots Awsome But they're at all not That efficiant I can't even get 3 Pods on a 48/45 Tank and I know I'm right Because I used it on the Droid for like 5 Practices Before I realized it wasn't Efficiant But I voted For Droid Because it's an awsome Shooting Gun......................

Something is very, very wrong with your Droid then. Call up MacDev USA, they should be able to help you out over the phone. If not, mail it to them and they'll get it shooting beautifully.

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#8 ThirdI

ThirdI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

White Shadow, you've got some serious issues with your Droid. Most likely, it's either over- or under-lubed badly. I got 5 pods and a hopper off of a 45ci tank with a 4000psi fill and still had air left. PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you get this working better. Otherwise, I can refer you to our tech.

#9 Insanity_back

Insanity_back

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

the droid is made by Macdev who is amazing and its more bang for your buck
PAINTBALL LOVES ME
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

#10 ibunkernoobs

ibunkernoobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

dm9 hands down

#11 Soul79

Soul79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

Anyone shoot both? I'm in the market to get the best "feeling" spoolie. I was gonna post this topic myself but I'll just up this instead.

Which has less kick, less sound, better efficiency(I'm gonna say droid but how efficient are the DM9's?), reliability, weight, better customer service, maintenance, upgrades, bang for buck...... any other spoolies match up to these 2?

I'm leaning towards the DM9 just because it is newer, but I can't justify that it is really better yet.

#12 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

DM9

#13 coolicarboy

coolicarboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Anyone shoot both? I'm in the market to get the best "feeling" spoolie. I was gonna post this topic myself but I'll just up this instead.

Which has less kick, less sound, better efficiency(I'm gonna say droid but how efficient are the DM9's?), reliability, weight, better customer service, maintenance, upgrades, bang for buck...... any other spoolies match up to these 2?

I'm leaning towards the DM9 just because it is newer, but I can't justify that it is really better yet.

The Droid has less "kick". They are about the same in sound signature. The Droid has better efficiency. They are about the same in reliablilty. In weight, the DM9 is lighter. I would say they are both tied in customer service. Matinence, I would say they are about the same, but the Droid may be a bit better though. Upgrades, I am not sure. I think the DM9. Bang for the buck, Droid for SURE. The Luxe could compare to these two.

Overall, I would choose the Droid. I own one and I love it to death.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#14 Soul79

Soul79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

Thanks! Thats what I needed to hear. Now you've got me wondering about the Luxe too. I want to try all 3 but no one in my area has any for me to try. Well someone has a Droid but never brings it to the field. Gotta get my Marq sold first.

#15 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

DM9 gotta love the dyes
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#16 ThirdI

ThirdI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

Luxe is nice but the profile on it is REALLY different and not something you want to buy without having a chance to try it out first. As I understand, it's essentially just a Shocker inside, though. When you consider it costs half again as much as the Droid...it's a good marker but it's hard to justify the extra $500-600.

#17 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

IT'S TIED UP!!!!

Cubeman

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#18 BMValentine

BMValentine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

Upgrades, I am not sure. I think the DM9.

Well, remember what they say - if you need to upgrade it, it's not good enough. So ideally you're looking to get a marker with as LITTLE upgradability as possible. MacDev has a reputation for making stuff which has almost no aftermarket stuff for it - in my opinion, it's because everything on it is already very high quality. I personally own a Cyborg 07, and the only things I've ever changed are the trigger and blasted orings. :D

But to answer your question, I would definitely go with the Droid. It's reliable, efficient (1400-1800 I think) and accurate as any other high end marker out there. The Dangerous Power G3 is actually a good spoolie as well, if it wasn't for the lack of PSP 3 shot. But if you're playing semi, no problem then. ;)

#19 twig2008

twig2008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

DM9s not only are they newer but say in a few moths in if you want to trade it and get something new the DM9 will blow the droid out of the water in resale

#20 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

wow they are evenly matched. 24 votes each.

DM9s not only are they newer but say in a few moths in if you want to trade it and get something new the DM9 will blow the droid out of the water in resale

Why would you buy a brand new gun just to turn arround and resell it. Resale value has nothing to do with how good the guns are
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users