• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bushwhacker320

Bushwhacker320

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

What are the main differences of the two markers listed above? I am looking at these markers and looking to purchase them as my first marker. I have over 900 bucks to spend on everything. I will be buying the gear over time. I already have a crossfire 68/4500 but I need everything else. Does anybody have any recommendations for me regarding a pack, mask, loader (leaning towards a pinokio), pants and other clothing?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Pat

#2 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

for clothing look towards the empire line and planet eclipse thse are some of the best, mask go to the local proshop and try them all on and pick the most comfy, that loader is fine, pack maybe an nxe or a dye attack pack

hhowever not a big fan of the eteks go with maybe an axe or an alien invassion

Edited by DBeck, 27 July 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#3 Bushwhacker320

Bushwhacker320

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ok i will look into those. Thanks man

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

i belive the only difference in the markersi the 4 has a new ASA, milling, zick2 kit, and the new regulator. other then that they're pretty much the same. more of an etek3.2 if you will.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#5 Pballer23

Pballer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

I think the Eteks are great gun, and yes i do one one so it is a bias opinion but the Empire Axes are great guns too, if it came out when the Etek3s first came out i would of bought that since it is cheaper. but since i bought the Etek3 i fall in love with PE markers.

now about your question(s). there is not much different between the Etek3 and 4, i believe it is a new bolt and zick kit, and some new milling, other than that it is the same gun. if you are going to buy an Etek, i would recommend a used Etek3 and get a Hush/Kush bolt for it(goes for about $50) i think it might still be worth it if u but a new Etek3 too.
So this is what u have to think about. An Etek3 LT goes for about $450 and an Etek4 LT goes for $500, its a $50 difference and it might just be worth paying that since if you were to upgrade the Etek3 u would probably spend about $100 to make it similar to the Etek4.

OK not onto the other stuff u need.
LOADER = Pinokio is fine
MASK = Try on masks at local store to find one that fit you the best and is very comfortable.
PODPACK = NXE has cheap good quality packs, the line is called TP-Pro and they are around $30
CLOTHING = Planet Eclipse is great but their playing gear is on the expensive side. Empire makes some cheaper stuff like the Contact Zero pant and their the invert line too. i always recommend checking out ur local stores for sales and closeouts since since pants haven't changed that much since around 2006ish(PB fashion makes some pretty basic pants with i believe are on closeout everywhere right now). jersey is not that big of a deal as u can buy any cheap jersey or just where a long sleeve shirt.
PADDING = A MUST IS KNEE PADS, I've heard tha the Dye pads are amazing(2008 to current), empire and PE are tied for second, sly also makes some good pads too. i also believe that the 2008/2009 empire pads are on closeout too.

Hopefully that helps you out. And as long as you like what you purchased and it works for you, then its a good purchase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users