• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ok so this week has been bad for me. I got hurt at work. My right hand got caught between a rock and a hard place. Resulying in large cuts on all 4 fingers. The middle finger was completely broken just past the first knuckle and the tendon was cut about 75% of the way. My ring finger was fractured in 2 places and the nail was ripped out of the bed. This injury is season ending. The middle finger required a titanium plate and screw to fix the bone and they repaired the tendon. Ring finger was easier to fix and the nail might have been saved. The doctoer estimates a 10 to 12 week off work time and longer to get me back to full mobility.

My intention is to do this as sort of a record of my recovery positive or negative. As well as my hopeful return to the sport i love. I will post pics and what i a doing to help in my recovery.

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,898 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Homer feels your pain.

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

can you still fap?

#4 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

I hope you're a lefty.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Nope im right handed but i am starting to learn to do alot of things left haned. Currently my hand is immobilised with bandages. Hopefully they can come off soon.

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Do hand curls.Use a less than 10lb weight,and only move your wrist,unless you can't do that.

#7 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

I still have stitches in and my hand is wrapped up and immobilised right now. But i go to the dr today. Hopefully he allows me to take the splint and wraps off. But my middle finger wont be moving until the titanium plate is removed. Then the physical theropy will begin. Heck i am still taking pain pills every few hours. But i think i will start getting better at walking a trigger with my left hand because of this injury. Got nothing but time to practice.

#8 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I still have stitches in and my hand is wrapped up and immobilised right now. But i go to the dr today. Hopefully he allows me to take the splint and wraps off. But my middle finger wont be moving until the titanium plate is removed. Then the physical theropy will begin. Heck i am still taking pain pills every few hours. But i think i will start getting better at walking a trigger with my left hand because of this injury. Got nothing but time to practice.

Good way to put it."yeah,I broke pretty much my whole right hand,but am now left handed B) "

#9 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Stitches come out today. Hopefully the cast thing comes off too.

#10 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

physical theropy was yesterday and all I can say is ouch.

#11 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Is it getting better?

#12 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Still swollen up alot after 3 weeks. Still hurts alot too. But it moves. So thats at least a start. Physical theropy 3 times a week right now so I am hopeful that will help. I am hoping to be back on the field at the end of the year. But then again I want to be out there now.

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Best you wait it out and take things extra slow and be cautious. Rather you wait it out and make sure you're fully healed before you start playing, rather than rushing it and risking injury to your hand again. And hopefully next time you'll keep your fingers on the outside of machines, instead of the insides. :P ;)

#14 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

I demand pics.

#15 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Best you wait it out and take things extra slow and be cautious. Rather you wait it out and make sure you're fully healed before you start playing, rather than rushing it and risking injury to your hand again. And hopefully next time you'll keep your fingers on the outside of machines, instead of the insides. :P ;)

Maybe next time the maintanence department will fix the darn machine rather then me always having to do the repairs and daily maintaining of things around there.

Pics r coming. They are currently all on my phone and I can find the adapter to put them on my pc.

#16 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Yesterday was the most painful trip to physical theropy so far. They worked the heck out of my hand and it was pretty painful. They also broke the news that I have at least 8 more weeks of it too. They also are starting to sound a little discouraging and are saying that my middle finger may never work right again. This is going to be a really long fricking recovery. But I will prove them wrong!!!

#17 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yesterday was the most painful trip to physical theropy so far. They worked the heck out of my hand and it was pretty painful. They also broke the news that I have at least 8 more weeks of it too. They also are starting to sound a little discouraging and are saying that my middle finger may never work right again. This is going to be a really long fricking recovery. But I will prove them wrong!!!

If you do what your supposed to, it will be fine. My dad suffered a serious injury in his thumb, they call it "skiers thumb". It is some form of hyper extension. They said he will never be able to use it again, and he wouldn't be able to work, being he does physical work. As part of the physical therapy, he was supposed to bring down the blood out of it, by rubbing it. They wanted him to do it 3 times a day. I tell you, he must of did it 20 times a day. Now it is fine, except for it is a little harder to write and his hand cramps up from writing sooner. That's still 100x better than not being able to use your hand.

#18 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

As part of the physical therapy, he was supposed to bring down the blood out of it, by rubbing it. They wanted him to do it 3 times a day. I tell you, he must of did it 20 times a day. Now it is fine, except for it is a little harder to **** and his **** cramps up from ****ing sooner. That's still 100x better than not being able to use your ***.

Yeah, call me immature, but I'm up about 5 hours before I usually am, so you can deal with it. :P

#19 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

How.. How about you get some rest :P

#20 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Ok well 6 more weeks off of work. The xrays showed the broken finger is not even close to healed. But they showed me the plate and the 4 screws in my finger. That was kind of interesting. Other then that the dr said I am healing pretty good and that I am already ahead of where he figured I would be in terms of use of my hand. So that sounds good.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users