• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ILostTheGame

ILostTheGame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

For the past few months, since I got my TiPX really, I have been banging my head on a wall trying to figure out how to carry all my mags, 12 grams, swabs, plugs, tubes, kitchen sinks and squeegees, and so far the only option I have found is either what I have been doing, use a shotgun belt, or use molle gear. However, my playing style and area requires A LOT of running and it's not really smooth sailing while I run, so I lose about a ball a mag, which is pretty important for me. As well, any decent molle setup I can figure out end up being over 100$ (an arm for the vest/harness, another foot for some pouches) so I thought why not make my own?

Now I would likely to do this at school when it starts and it would end up being pretty basic to start, then get a bit fancier, but I figure if I got some practice I could make a fancy mag ejecting belt with all the hoola-hoops and whistles I would need.Posted Image I know where to get all the materials and such things needed (unless I decide to get real fancy and use condura, which I have used before, but it was provided by a teacher and I have no idea where to get it), I'm just thinking of some finer details to smooth out.

Should I use a climbing style double back belt loop or a clip-in sort of thing that most vests and belts have?
Should the mags be held (by held I mean around the sides) by a tight-ish webbing or elastic? Once I smooth out the details it will be covered on the top and bottom by elastic cord/webbing.
This will be used with a canada TechPB jersey that I'll order when I get back from vacation, should it be black, green, or red w/ white, or a mix? (on this note I'll give a cookie to anyone who knows if you can get custom printed condura or similar fabric.)
Finally, should the belt have elastic cord similar to that used in the WTFPB molle belt on the back? Thinking it might be a bit more flexible.

To anyone who read through all that, you're awesome. If anyone responds to this thread, you're a good person. If anyone is questioning my state of mind, I wrote this at around 11:30 on vacation, and I haven't paintballed in a while, and I'm craving cold water,Posted Image so yeah. I'm tired, I'l check this once I wake up at like 2p.m. tomorrow.

Thank You, ILTG Posted Image (I'll probably bump this thread in the a.m.)

Edited by ILostTheGame, 30 July 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#2 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Why not gust get a normal pod pack and stick the mags where pods go (maybe 2 per slot) to hold extra 12grams store a few in the belt between the velcro just keep in mind no to rip off the whole belt when you need to swap them.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Because making something yourself is a lot more fun. That, and it's a lot easier to use when you have something custom tailored to how you want it, rather than finding something else and trying to make it work. With putting mags in a pod pouch, you then have to worry about two mags falling out, and shuffling them around trying to make sure you put the right one where it goes and making sure you don't load an empty one. It'd be way easier to make a pouch for one mag, so you grab one mag, put it in your pistol, and put the spent one either in a drop pouch or back in the empty holder. Rather than trying to fumble around with two mags and getting them into a pod holder. That, and they're likely to bounce around and create a bit of noise in the pod holder, which would give your position away fairly easily. It's just all around a much better idea to make something that will work, rather than trying to find something that won't, and doing your best to make it work. Especially since he has the know-how and desire to make something.

My advice, look into doing something similar to SpecOps' P3 Pistol Player's pouch. It's got space for six magazines, and a handful of spare tubes to reload your mags and some 12 grams as well.

Posted Image

#4 ILostTheGame

ILostTheGame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

Because making something yourself is a lot more fun.

Nailed it right on the head there. This is gonna be more of something I do to have fun more than a serious run at a bad ass pack. If it works, great, if not, I might look at that P3 pack, just I only carry the 3 mags+ what's in the TiPX so it's a bit excessive... God, I'm gonna get no sleep lol.

EDIT: And with that pod pack idea, I like the idea, I'm just not sure I I have the skills to modify it to my liking. Making something with some "simple" materials would, for me, be easier than modifying the pack.
EDIT 2: When I say "pistol pod pack" I really mean just a glorified belt.

Edited by ILostTheGame, 30 July 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#5 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

I meant look at the P3 as in "use it for ideas/inspiration" not buy one or make something exactly like it. If I were to make a pistol pack, I'd include a drop leg dump pouch on the left for empty mags and a drop leg holster on the right for when I don't want to carry my pistol.

#6 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

http://www.amazon.ca...43674184&sr=8-1

I have this for holding my TiPX mags. it is the best mag holder for Tipx i have found. i recomend it.

EDIT: I'm also from calgary :D

Edited by REDCOBRA, 30 July 2012 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image

#7 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

The P3 holds six Tiberiu mags or 12 TPX mags.

It's a really nice light pack, however max mags I'd ever carry with a TPX would be (assuming running dual TPX's) 3 per gun.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

The P3 holds six Tiberiu mags or 12 TPX mags.

It's a really nice light pack, however max mags I'd ever carry with a TPX would be (assuming running dual TPX's) 3 per gun.

It only holds 6 TPX mags, the humor that mag pouches designed for one T8 mag could hold 2 TPX mags is false, there's just not enough room for two TPX mags in there.

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I say use the same elastic that is the +x on pod packs and put some type of strong cloth on the bottom,then put on a flap of the same elastic on top,and use a button or small magnet to hold it down,that way you don't have the sound of velcro.I think this would work because the elastic will hold the magazine up,and the cloth will keep it from falling out of the bottom when you push it back in.The elastic flap will push down on the top of the magazine so no rounds fall out.Put it on a belt similar to the ronin gear stock class harness,and you sholud be able to hold several magazines,and use an elastic band system similar to the spec ops.

#10 ILostTheGame

ILostTheGame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

I meant look at the P3 as in "use it for ideas/inspiration" not buy one or make something exactly like it.

Ah, gotchaPosted Image

I have this for holding my TiPX mags. it is the best mag holder for Tipx i have found. i recomend it.

hm... I might consider that if I use it with my vest...
(Where do you play in calgary?)

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

[/quote]

hm... I might consider that if I use it with my vest...
(Where do you play in calgary?)
[/quote]

Yeah those mag pouches are great. they don't let them move around and the paint doesnt pop out of the mag in them . They are really easy for removing and inserting mags.

I usually play at bragg creek :)

Posted Image

#12 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

You can take a shot gun shell belt and cut the stiching between 2 of the elastic loops and the belt. fits the tpx mags snug and also the 12g's plus you can pick them up for only $5 a piece.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#13 ILostTheGame

ILostTheGame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

You can take a shot gun shell belt and cut the stiching between 2 of the elastic loops and the belt. fits the tpx mags snug and also the 12g's plus you can pick them up for only $5 a piece.

That's what I'm doing right now, however some of the fields I play at are rocky (like "The Rock" for those that play at Bragg Creek) so when I run I'm jumping up and down from trenches so I tent to lose a ball or two per mag.

Edited by ILostTheGame, 04 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#14 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

the shotgun belt thing doesnt work if you carry 7 balls in a mag , they will all pop out while you are running. just get those utg mag pouches ( they are 2 mag holders and Tipx mags come in 2's )

Posted Image

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I say use the same elastic that is the +x on pod packs and put some type of strong cloth on the bottom,then put on a flap of the same elastic on top,and use a button or small magnet to hold it down,that way you don't have the sound of velcro.I think this would work because the elastic will hold the magazine up,and the cloth will keep it from falling out of the bottom when you push it back in.The elastic flap will push down on the top of the magazine so no rounds fall out.Put it on a belt similar to the ronin gear stock class harness,and you sholud be able to hold several magazines,and use an elastic band system similar to the spec ops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users