3 replies to this topic

#1 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

To start off ive let myself go. Over the past few years I went from an athletic build about 178 at 5'8 to double that. After leaving highschool and organized sports other then paintball I noticed I started to work out less and eat out more especially when I started making a solid paycheck. Between college and work and such my weight has skyrocketed and I have tryed to level it out to no avail. I work out 3 times a week mostly cardio but eat atrociously. I now weight 270 pounds and have decided to put my foot down and make a change. I guess the real question in this is where to start I dont want to just jump in feet first and burn out like I have in the past but growing health concerns have me worried... Ill update this post in a week and see what changes I have made but what are some good starting points that you have used to not only keep yourself motivated as well as getting results?

#2 erpig

erpig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

To start off ive let myself go. Over the past few years I went from an athletic build about 178 at 5'8 to double that. After leaving highschool and organized sports other then paintball I noticed I started to work out less and eat out more especially when I started making a solid paycheck. Between college and work and such my weight has skyrocketed and I have tryed to level it out to no avail. I work out 3 times a week mostly cardio but eat atrociously. I now weight 270 pounds and have decided to put my foot down and make a change. I guess the real question in this is where to start I dont want to just jump in feet first and burn out like I have in the past but growing health concerns have me worried... Ill update this post in a week and see what changes I have made but what are some good starting points that you have used to not only keep yourself motivated as well as getting results?

Good way to lose weight is to not eaten any gluten food, the gluten free diet! My dad lost 9 pounds in one week doing this. A good way to keep yourself motivated is to have a list and write down what you ate and count up the calories. Don't go over the daily amount and don't go under the daily amount. Try not to eat junk food, pop\bear, and fast foods. Workout at LEAST once a day if possible with your job. When you do go to a resturant order water and not carbonated drinks. Also weigh yourself every morning, this will motivate you, either your mind will think wow I weigh a lot and I need to keep trying or you'll think i've made an improvment and need to keep this diet up. Make sure to workout, sit-ups, push-ups, and go out for a bike ride or run. You should lose weight in no time...No gluten will work, 9 pounds in seven days is pretty good. Good luck ;)

#3 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

cut simple carbs and calories in half!
OFWGKTA

#4 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Eat less, exercise more.

First thing of course is limit or eliminate the fast food that got you here in the first place. Cutting calories in half as mentioned above may work, but the burn out you mention will set in and you may end up back where you started.

Personally, I would talk to your doctor before doing anything to drastic.

http://scoobysworksh...rie-calculator/

This calculator will help you figure out how many calories a day you need to meet your goal. (A tip, set the exercise section as one step less than you think you'll do as very few actually get as much as they assume they do. Added bonus is if you do get more than you account for, you'll simply lose weight faster.)

Once your diet is in check (don't go on a diet, change your diet), the exercise part comes in. The more muscle you put on, the more calories you can burn, the faster you will drop the fat. Do a good combination of cardio and resistance training.. Both will help drop the fat. Added bonus of putting on some muscle is when you get thinner and more fit, you'll be good and ripped when you're done and it will be easier to keep the weight off.

Start with body weight exercises, like pushups and pull ups (or knee push ups and "walk the planks" until you get there), and then move to weights. There are some workout plans as well as a planner on the site I linked that are a great start.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users