• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Beastpaintball413

Beastpaintball413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

How much does a pro make in a year from sponsers and winnings and all that?

#2 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Not much. I don't know how much but it wouldn't be a lot.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#3 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

My guess would be it depends on the player and how the team plays.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

What ever they win from tournaments. Many pro players have jobs inside the paintball industry, and some live with teammates to keep cost down.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

not much, thats why they usually have jobs inside the industry.

#6 MichaelP

MichaelP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

pros really dont make alot, i think the only pro team that has a salary is the russians. most pro teams have alot of good sponsors so paintball and travelling doesnt cost much, probably more time consuming then anything else

Edited by MichaelP, 31 July 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#7 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I had a chance to talk to the players on Dynasty a few years ago and they said they made less playing paintball then they would get from welfare. That was around 2009 so it's safe to assume that wages haven't gone up and they are on the edge of poverty.

#8 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

unless you are dave baines, ollie when he played for the iron men or an RL player, you don't get jack shit really

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#9 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

pros really dont make alot, i think the only pro team that has a salary is the russians. most pro teams have alot of good sponsors so paintball and travelling doesnt cost much, probably more time consuming then anything else

Not true. Most of the teams have salaries. There are some who do work outside and inside of paintball but there is also a lot that dont. How do you think they live? Im not saying there signing million dollar contracts like other professional athletes but the majority do get paid.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Still as long as it pays the bills. Do wha you love and you will never work a day in your life... Or so the saying goes I have never worked anywhere I loved lol

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 newmz94

newmz94

Paintballs are my shampoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

you have to really love what you do to play tournaments for a living. I forgot who but a pro from XSV said he barly sees his familt and his wife needs to work to support their kids. and a problem i see with it being a profession if you dont have another job is, if you lose you get nothing. Thats what i think shows that the D1 pros really love what they do to risk somtehing like their payment

The_Economist, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:snapback.png

Bacause you have to point your gun at the sky whenever you reload. Just like you have to press your back flat against any kind of cover you may be using, and you have to lift your mask whenever you have something important to say, even if you are under fire from the other team.

Sheesh, what kind of paintball have you been playing?

#12 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I had a chance to talk to the players on Dynasty a few years ago and they said they made less playing paintball then they would get from welfare.

Lol I wonder what that even means.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had a chance to talk to the players on Dynasty a few years ago and they said they made less playing paintball then they would get from welfare.

it means if they didn't have a job and filed for employment insurance, the cheque they would get from that would be greater than what they get from playing paintball

Edited by LUXOR54, 31 July 2012 - 05:58 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#14 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

it means if they didn't have a job and filed for employment insurance, the cheque they would get from that would be greater than what they get from playing paintball

1) that's not "welfare" as usually described and 2) the amount of UI is dependent on the previous job, so it has no inherent meaning

#15 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

1) that's not "welfare" as usually described and 2) the amount of UI is dependent on the previous job, so it has no inherent meaning

Posted Image

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#16 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

It's unfortunate that such a misleading idea has become mainstream. Makes things harder for everyone.

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

It's unfortunate that such a misleading idea has become mainstream. Makes things harder for everyone.

agreed

#18 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

i heard that the Russian guys are the only one that 'dont need' to work to play, they get good money from the Red Legion club.becouse they practise like 7 times per week 7 hours per day or something near that, as Krill said on the Social Paintball documentary. can it be true?
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#19 ecose

ecose

(ಠ_ಠ)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

i heard somewhere that most of the top players get paid like 40-60 thousand.

though i highly doubt even that.

Edited by ecose, 31 July 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#20 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

i heard that the Russian guys are the only one that 'dont need' to work to play, they get good money from the Red Legion club.becouse they practise like 7 times per week 7 hours per day or something near that, as Krill said on the Social Paintball documentary. can it be true?

So how do you suggest guys like Yosh, Ryan Greenspan, Nicky Cuba, Paxson, J-rab, as well of tons of others afford to live? Guys they get paid again it may not be millions but there are people who play paintball for a living and thats it.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#21 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

So how do you suggest guys like Yosh, Ryan Greenspan, Nicky Cuba, Paxson, J-rab, as well of tons of others afford to live? Guys they get paid again it may not be millions but there are people who play paintball for a living and thats it.

Not true. Nicky cuba and jrab both have other jobs. The most paid pro I heard was ollie and he made just under 100k with his clinics and winnings and sponsors. Most other teams end up paying money to play in all the tourneys.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#22 MichaelP

MichaelP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

decides from the russians, you could ask any pro and they'd say they don't make anything. they get free stuff, free flights and hotels and play for free but they don't make money lol

#23 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Purely from a playing standpoint, they don't make money, they pay to play. Contrary to popular belief, there is not enough money in any paintball company to pay a team to spend tens of thousands of dollars on paint and entry fee on each tournament and then pay them even more to make a living. Now companies may endorse popular players such as Ollie Lang and Nicky Cuba, but they are not paying them to play paintball and enough to make a living. I don't know where people got this idea that paintball companies have all this money floating around to just throw at pro players especially since the sport isn't even on TV and when it was, there were so little views I wouldn't be surprised ESPN lost money from airing it. I don't think you guys know how much money it costs to play a professional tournament, and the costs almost double if you make it into the Sunday club.

#24 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Not true. Nicky cuba and jrab both have other jobs. The most paid pro I heard was ollie and he made just under 100k with his clinics and winnings and sponsors. Most other teams end up paying money to play in all the tourneys.

Those were just the ones that came off the top of my head but actually not They dont. J-rab and Nicky have both said that the play paintball for a living. J-rab said it in his live show he used to do. Ryan said it in his facebook interviews. Watch any of the derder clips and they have said a million times they play paintball for a living. Check out and of the interviews on youtube and you will hear a pro say they play paintball for a living. Again its not a bad thing they get paid. Lol idk why people are so convinced in believing they dont get paid.

decides from the russians, you could ask any pro and they'd say they don't make anything. they get free stuff, free flights and hotels and play for free but they don't make money lol

Not true again. Dude nobody is gonna tell you there financial bussiness. Its there business and truth be told its nosey for us to argue about this now but im tired of people claiming pros live on hopes in dreams. I bet if you asked your dad how much he made a year he would say your being rude. Thats just how it is. Again you cant just say "oh the didicate all there time and play paintball and dont have outside jobs but some how they eat, pay rent, and how clothes and cars and stuff" Guys they get paid to play a ton of pros have said it. Not millions but they live off it.

Purely from a playing standpoint, they don't make money, they pay to play. Contrary to popular belief, there is not enough money in any paintball company to pay a team to spend tens of thousands of dollars on paint and entry fee on each tournament and then pay them even more to make a living. Now companies may endorse popular players such as Ollie Lang and Nicky Cuba, but they are not paying them to play paintball and enough to make a living. I don't know where people got this idea that paintball companies have all this money floating around to just throw at pro players especially since the sport isn't even on TV and when it was, there were so little views I wouldn't be surprised ESPN lost money from airing it. I don't think you guys know how much money it costs to play a professional tournament, and the costs almost double if you make it into the Sunday club.

Read above. That whole they pay to play is complete bullshit. I have heard every pro player out there saying there blessed enough to travel the world and play for free because of paintball.

Edited by Schuppert3, 01 August 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#25 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

While I did not question if California has a welfare system in place to help out low-income individuals, the quote from the Dynasty player (I believe it was Angel) was: "We make less than what we would get from welfare." I took that to mean that their wage is right on the poverty line.

It seems like the way many pros make a decent living is working inside the industry as a second job.

#26 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

While I did not question if California has a welfare system in place to help out low-income individuals, the quote from the Dynasty player (I believe it was Angel) was: "We make less than what we would get from welfare." I took that to mean that their wage is right on the poverty line.

It seems like the way many pros make a decent living is working inside the industry as a second job.

That's quite an assumption, if he was talking about UI as above, you could make significantly more than the poverty line (but still not great). Or he may have an unrealistic view of welfare. Non-contributory cash assistance is all but nonexistent for single healthy males. Next questions are how much time they are putting in for that pay, and whether it takes into account any benefits.

In the end yeah it's a lot less than pros in other sports, but one might say getting paid at all to play a sport is quite a bit more than the rest of us get. If wonder if anything can -- or should -- be done to improve that?

Edited by drg, 01 August 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#27 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Not a lot I can assure you that. They do it more for the love of the sport. I think mike may have done a video on this.

Ohio Raiders 

#28 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Those were just the ones that came off the top of my head but actually not They dont. J-rab and Nicky have both said that the play paintball for a living. J-rab said it in his live show he used to do. Ryan said it in his facebook interviews. Watch any of the derder clips and they have said a million times they play paintball for a living. Check out and of the interviews on youtube and you will hear a pro say they play paintball for a living. Again its not a bad thing they get paid. Lol idk why people are so convinced in believing they dont get paid.

Not true again. Dude nobody is gonna tell you there financial bussiness. Its there business and truth be told its nosey for us to argue about this now but im tired of people claiming pros live on hopes in dreams. I bet if you asked your dad how much he made a year he would say your being rude. Thats just how it is. Again you cant just say "oh the didicate all there time and play paintball and dont have outside jobs but some how they eat, pay rent, and how clothes and cars and stuff" Guys they get paid to play a ton of pros have said it. Not millions but they live off it.

Read above. That whole they pay to play is complete bullshit. I have heard every pro player out there saying there blessed enough to travel the world and play for free because of paintball.

and who pays? i don't think you realize the cost to play in just one tournament

#29 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

The sponsors. Pros openly state they do. And yeah I do trust me that's why I don't play them lol i can't afford it. Again tons and tons and tons of pros have openly said they get to play and travel for free thanks to paintball and there sponsors.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#30 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Some teams also have owners that contribute money to play. I know X-factor has said there owner Alex Martinez helps them out a lot. I don't think you know a lot about the pro circuit cause you obviously don't keep up with it or else you would of heard them say this a million times. Every chance they get there thanking there sponsors and owners for allowing them to play and travel.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#31 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

and who pays? i don't think you realize the cost to play in just one tournament

the sponsors. during an ETV interview nick slowiack said that because of the aftershock name he has been able to play for free. you have to realize that pro teams are a companies way of advertising. do you think that PE, Sly, and their other sponsors only sponsored one player for aftershock (this interview was in 2011) no, they sponsored their whole team and supplied paint, hotel and entry for the teams. when you sponsor a team, and they podium, that is your advertisement yes i do realize that the amount of money required to play a pro tournament is high, but you need to remember all these teams have paint sponsors and that sponsor doesn't pay retail price, because odds are that company makes the paint.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#32 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

yeah, they allow them to play and help out a lot probably. but i guarantee they are not making a living off playing in tournament play. the bigger name guys may get money from endorsements, like nick slowiack, which then in turn would allow them to play for free, but there is little to no money in just the playing aspect.

#33 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

yeah, they allow them to play and help out a lot probably. but i guarantee they are not making a living off playing in tournament play. the bigger name guys may get money from endorsements, like nick slowiack, which then in turn would allow them to play for free, but there is little to no money in just the playing aspect.

Again there is a shit ton of pros who have openly said paintball is there job and how they live. How can you "guarantee" something that the people your talking about have said? Lol i just dont get your logic. I also dont get why people are like proud to believe pros dont earn money. Its like everyone wants to believe it so much. There is nothing wrong with earning a living it does not make them any less of a player.

the sponsors. during an ETV interview nick slowiack said that because of the aftershock name he has been able to play for free. you have to realize that pro teams are a companies way of advertising. do you think that PE, Sly, and their other sponsors only sponsored one player for aftershock (this interview was in 2011) no, they sponsored their whole team and supplied paint, hotel and entry for the teams. when you sponsor a team, and they podium, that is your advertisement yes i do realize that the amount of money required to play a pro tournament is high, but you need to remember all these teams have paint sponsors and that sponsor doesn't pay retail price, because odds are that company makes the paint.

Thank you. Somebody who actually keeps up with the pro scene and knows what they are talking about.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#34 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

find me one that says he makes his living off paintball tournaments.

#35 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

J-ran said it in his live show. Ryan said it in his Q&A on Facebook. Holliday said it on the radio show. Watch derder videos and there is one thats completely about paintball players getting aid to play and when that first came about. Come on bro think about it. How do you think they live? There a good chunk of pro players who don't have jobs and just play paintball. Who do you think pays there bills? They don't live off imaginary money.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#36 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention Federov, slowiak, and yaya talking about it on the podcasts Marty Marshall does. Spicka also talked about how he came from south Carolina and moved to call just to play fr the Ironmen.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#37 ChrisO17

ChrisO17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

They work for their sponsors dude, Yosh and Ryan make their livings doing clinics all over the world while they aren't playing events ( as said in the PBA podcast), Nicky and Paxson do clinics and work for their sponsors. and.... J-Rab. His dad is the big shot at GI/Procaps and he does clinics so he's fine too.

#38 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

They work for their sponsors dude, Yosh and Ryan make their livings doing clinics all over the world while they aren't playing events ( as said in the PBA podcast), Nicky and Paxson do clinics and work for their sponsors. and.... J-Rab. His dad is the big shot at GI/Procaps and he does clinics so he's fine too.

Exactly. Thats playing paintball isnt it? I said they earn livings off playing paintball. They do clinics and they earn money off playing the tournaments because of there sponsors. There is no way in hell you could live off just doing clinics.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#39 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Exactly. Thats playing paintball isnt it? I said they earn livings off playing paintball. They do clinics and they earn money off playing the tournaments because of there sponsors. There is no way in hell you could live off just doing clinics.

don't forget dave baines, you can hear it multiple times during games when matty marshal says "that's why you pay dave baines his money, he's a beast"

*Waits to get hit*

#40 ChrisO17

ChrisO17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

don't forget dave baines, you can hear it multiple times during games when matty marshal says "that's why you pay dave baines his money, he's a beast"

It was just a joke because Damage picked up Dave mid season as a contract killer...

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm adding into what you're saying...

Edited by ChrisO17, 03 August 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#41 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

And don't forget a good amount of them are invested in PSP which I imaging does fairly well.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#42 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

few get payed to play but im pretty sure pro teams don't pay, yea they probably pay for food but realistically pros do play for free, i don't see why you refuse to believe that pros play for free, as most of them do.
only a select handful of players make a living of paintball. but it isn't just the big names that play for free, once again companies very rarely sponsor individuals, but they sponsor teams, and i would bet that teams like heat, damage, dynasty, infamous, ironmen don't pay

Edited by NJC, 03 August 2012 - 09:22 PM.

*Waits to get hit*

#43 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Players on the more "well known" may get paid a bit from team owners or sponsors, as for the rest they teach clinics.

EDIT: Every pro team has an owner or gets fully paid for by their sponsors. No pro players pay out of pocket, some may pay a bit for travel but Infamous isn't meeting up outside the paint truck after the event to figure out how much everybody owes for paint lol.

Edited by xSKIERx, 04 August 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#44 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

yes, because their sponsors can afford hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to pay them. and thats per team. they dont get payed to play tournament paintball, they get paid by endorsements and they get paid for other things they do that revolves around paintball such as clinics.

#45 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

yes, because their sponsors can afford hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to pay them. and thats per team. they dont get payed to play tournament paintball, they get paid by endorsements and they get paid for other things they do that revolves around paintball such as clinics.

So they dont have money to pay the but they do have money to pay them? Makes since. :dodgy:

Im done with you.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#46 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Goddammit dude. Have you actually watched an interview with a pro player or talked to one before?

#47 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Few make a living just off of PB. Those that do are often on with various teams.

#48 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

So they dont have money to pay the but they do have money to pay them? Makes since. :dodgy:

Im done with you.

a few companies have a little money to pay big name players for endorsements. just think about this guys. do you really think paintball companies have enough overhead to pay 5 plus guys salaries plus paying close to a million dollars a year for them to cover the cost of tournaments. not to mention, companies sponsor multiple teams so were talking millions of dollars a year. not even kee has that much money.

Few make a living just off of PB. Those that do are often on with various teams.

thank you

#49 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Im done with you.

a few companies have a little money to pay big name players for endorsements. just think about this guys. do you really think paintball companies have enough overhead to pay 5 plus guys salaries plus paying close to a million dollars a year for them to cover the cost of tournaments. not to mention, companies sponsor multiple teams so were talking millions of dollars a year. not even kee has that much money.

thank you

most pro players don't get salaries, and i don't quite think that it is millions a year, these companies don't pay retail for their own products, companies will give certain teams an allowance of some sort for certain things, which pretty much means that the companies pay for entry to tournaments. i still don't see why you refuse to believe that a pro team can play tournaments for free

*Waits to get hit*

#50 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I dont know much about it, but I'd say if they are making any money its by selling their gear after they use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users