• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

List of good markers in that range:

- Dangerous Power G3 $299
- Dangerous Power SE $399
- Proto 09 SLG UL $299
- PMR 09 $450

The listed markers all have their pro's and con's. Some people are more biased than others, but it's hard to recommend only one, when all four are great markers. In this situation I'd probably would go with the PMR 09. If you need to purchase other equipment, then it would be a different story. The PMR is a spoolie, which means its going to be fairly quiet. Great barrel, UL Frame, shoots plenty fast with minimal
kick. Now, others will voice their opinion as most of the time is personal preference and thats why a lot of times holding & shooting the marker first hand helps. But really, whatever marker you do choose, you'll have a quality marker no matter what. All these markers are made by great companies with amazing customer service, especially Dangerous Power.

Posted Image

Edited by MurphMan, 15 March 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#3 pbplayer77

pbplayer77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

All three are great markers but you are nearing the "drop off" for the $300 dollar guns performance and coming closer to almost high ends. PMR 09 and G3 SE would be the ones you want. But for a little more I believe you can get An Etek Ego 2 which would be better than all of those markers.

Sig by Stinger, he and Laburton do good work, check em' out.

#4 VeritasVertigo

VeritasVertigo

It's coming right for us!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

I got a G3 a few months back and it's a great marker for $300. However I just picked up an Eclipse Etek2 about a month ago from paintballgateway.com with a starframe for $540 and it is leaps and bounds, quality and performance-wise, better than my G3. If you have the extra cash or can wait and save just a bit more, I'd recommend holding out for something better.

Just wanted to add I still use my G3, but it's been relegated to "backup marker" status now. I kinda feel bad about it. Kinda.

#5 pbplayer77

pbplayer77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Yeah..

Sig by Stinger, he and Laburton do good work, check em' out.

#6 shooptek

shooptek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

Brand new PMR 09 with UL frame for $450 is the best gun you will find under $500.

Keep up with Bunkerama:
Twitter | YouTube | Bunkerama.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users