• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 COBE

COBE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

There are certain sellers on eBay looking for a fast buck who couldn't give a shit whether your purchase is packaged properly, sent within a reasonable time, or even the actual product advertised! To me a reasonable time is shipped out within 5 days of payment, or worst case scenario a week. I'm sure some of you must know my pain. This is my most recent situation. I bought from three separate dealers on the same day. 2 were EBay sellers, and one online paintball site. The paintball site was the first to arrive. No surprise there, and shipping was from within Ontario to Toronto in 4 days. The next to arrive was from seller #1 which actually came from Quebec, and arrived in 9 days. A bit long but acceptable. Now here's the problem. Seller #2 whom I actually purchased the marker from, and is actually only a 4 hour drive from Toronto in Ontario caused me days of frustration. First of all I make it a point to check on my orders 5 days after payment to make sure things are going well. When I contacted this jerkler by email I found out that evening that my order hadn't been prepared yet because the seller was "busy". Translation, the seller completely forgot, or is just too damn lazy to respect the fact I have already paid $400.00 for something which is technically now mine to send it. I have the tank, mods, holo sight, and barrel already but no marker to attach them to. Talk about brutal. If you would like to avoid this same situation happening to you, I would make 3 suggestions.
1- when you must buy online, buy from a Canadian paintball online store if possible.
2- avoid buying things off of eBay or kijiji unless the seller is close enough for you to arrange a pickup.
3- if the only seller you can find that has the product you're looking for, or has an amazing price on something you're dying to have is nextgenpaintball on eBay? FIND SOMETHING ELSE!

#2 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

I find that wrong for you to make assumptions like that considering you never met the guy, you have no idea what goes on in his life what if you were unable to send something out in 5 days and someone made a rant about you. I have had people even come to pick up and I was unable to have them pick it up for a week people have busy lives. You can't just jump to conclusion that this seller is either forgetful or lazy.
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#3 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

OP, please, show me the proof that he forgot?
For all you know he had a family emergency, and someone's sick/dying.
Think about stuff before you rant about them, you have no possible way of knowing that he forgot, just by him saying he was busy.
So, maybe you should send him a message giving him your condolences.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#4 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

The eBay feedback speaks for itself. Can't exactly say one deal out of 50 or so is enough to not buy from this dealer.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

I agree that after a few days "I was busy" is lame. The seller has a responsibility. Obviously if it was an emergency then an email is polite. It's like people not showing up for something and keeping you waiting because they were busy.

#6 COBE

COBE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Update! Spoke to him again on day 14, and he asked if I was still interested in it? This is after receiving payment on day 1. Now maybe after day 5 I was being a little "harsh" as some of you obviously thought. Now it's just plain ridiculous.

#7 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Assuming it is as it sounds, you're entirely correct and might want to look into a paypal claim if he doesn't send very soon.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#8 COBE

COBE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Day 21 and counting. What's even worse is that now he's stopped replying to my emails.

#9 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Put in a PP dispute. That'll get his attention.

#10 Mark.c

Mark.c

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

This is also why you don't gift it, you would of been scammed.

#11 COBE

COBE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Paypal shut him down. Got my money back. That's the last time I take that route.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Paypal shut him down. Got my money back. That's the last time I take that route.

Posted Image

#13 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

People who try to scam on Ebay are fucking stupid. It's as if none of them have heard about PP and Ebay buyer protection before.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users