• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I want to get in shape, I have the room to run and some weight equipment I will be getting more soon. I am 15 and weigh 160 I am 5 ft and 6 in. I would like to have workout that benefit for paintball I am a mid to front player.
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

... what do you want to try for? Get some goals for yourself and that will help you with which direction you want to take a workout. :tup: Also basic info like how often do you want to workout? What weight equipment do you have currently? Any lifts you can't do because of prior injuries/disabilities?

Edited by Username, 03 August 2012 - 09:55 PM.

National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#3 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

I have no injuries and nothing to hold
me back except myself. I would like to run 4 days a week and build upperbofy strength 2 days a week. The upper body part could be cut out this fall since. I help out on the farm and I cant do much with sore arms.

#4 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'll go ahead and throw this in. I have been lifting for years now, and I hope you want to include lower body exercises in your routine as well. Lower body might not be as fun and calves the size of cantaloupes won't impress the ladies (unless they also work out) like big arms will, but lower body is IMPORTANTE. Back squats (or other types of squats if you just have something like dumbbells rather than barbells) are a pillar in a complete body workout because they are a lift that stresses and works many different parts of the body. It's a hard lift, but it's the best in my opinion. Period. You will also experience more and better gains if you work the whole body rather than just upper body. There are three main events/lifts in weightlifting. Back squat, bench press, and deadlift. Each is important in it's on right and each should be worked. Among other things of course.

Maybe you intend to do lower body and just didn't mention it, but leaving out lower body is a common mistake people make because working the lower body isn't nearly as impressive as the upper body. :P

Aaaand do you have any previous lifting experience?

As far as running goes. That's easy. Do just what you are capable of and don't burn yourself out and/or injure yourself. That's probably the number one mistake with people starting to run. They go too hard and heavy the first week or two and they're too damn tired to put their shoes on after just a few days. :P If you are brand new to running but not a complete couch potato, this is a pretty good little routine for a 5k. If you are in mediocre to decent shape already then you should be able to reach out a little further no problem with your distances/speed. http://www.coolrunni...2/2_3/181.shtml

Edited by Username, 04 August 2012 - 12:27 AM.

National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#5 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, if your working out you need to do everything.

I have been doing Stronglifts 5x5, great program. Monday, Wednsday and Friday. Workout A, then b, a, b, etc.

Workout A
Squat (5 Reps, 5 Sets)
Bench Press (5 Reps, 5 Sets)
Barbell Rows (5 Reps, 5 Sets)

Workout B
Squat (5 Reps, 5 Sets)
Overhead Press (5 Reps, 5 Sets)
Deadlift (5 Reps, 1 Set)

You start at 45 lbs for everything, 65 for deadlifts and squats. You increase by 5 lbs every time you do that exercise. 10 lbs for squats and deadlifts.

I'm a little younger, so I started at 35 and 45 lbs, and increased by 5 every week for everything.

There's a website and a PDF article, but it is just spammed with how his product works. I just gave you a basic run-through.

So far in the past 2 weeks I increased the number of pushups I can do by 5.

#6 TVwoodsball

TVwoodsball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Be sure to work out your body as a whole dont concentrate on just one part you want to build your body up evenly, i bike with a mountain bike for cardio i do both on road and offroad, offroad being more intense short bursts and on road for long hard training sessions, i find doing few push up's and crunches/sit ups when you first wake up in the morning helps get your body moving, as well as your heart/ lungs blood etc...

#7 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I just got a bench press, roman chair and leg press moved in.

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hate to tell you, but for strength, nothing beats a barbell and some weights. Fancy machines don't do much. The leg press is good however.

By bench press, do you mean a bench with the holding bar at the top? Or a machine that you can adjust the weight?

#9 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hey man just go to bodybuilding.com and use any of their fitness regimes lol
OFWGKTA

#10 pballfun

pballfun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Try P90X

#11 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I say toss the idea of those expensive, complicated weight machine contraptions out the window. Unless you are going for competition body building, you can get just as strong, just as quickly with simple body weight exercises like pullups, pushups, situps, planks, squats, calf raises, etc.

Slow movements, good form, and as many reps as you can do before you can't pick yourself up off the floor. There are hundreds of variations of all of those exercises, so you can always find a way to progress. And best of all, the most expensive thing you need to buy is a pullup bar, and maybe a yoga mat if you don't like to get in the dirt.

What I (try to) do:
M: 2 mile run, upper body
Tu: Lower body, core
W: 2 mile run, upper body
Th: Lower body, core
F: 5 mile ruck (throw some books in a backpack and walk), full body workout afterwards.
Sa: Rest
Su: Rest

Quite often, my plans get scrambled up, and I don't get to workout, but if I do, whatever day it is, I go for that day's workouts. Don't bother trying to mismatch days up if you skipped a day, just take one of your rest days to catch up on them.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#12 gijoey959

gijoey959

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Everyone seems to have left out High Intensity Interval Training

Every day, I walk a minute and sprint a minute for 30 minutes and its a very effective form of cardio

as for working out, I work different muscle groups every day, but for someone who doesn't work out every day, you might want to do and upper body day, lower body day, and an ab/back day
I would reccommend bodybuilding.com to look for exercise routines

#13 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Everyone seems to have left out High Intensity Interval Training

Every day, I walk a minute and sprint a minute for 30 minutes and its a very effective form of cardio

as for working out, I work different muscle groups every day, but for someone who doesn't work out every day, you might want to do and upper body day, lower body day, and an ab/back day
I would reccommend bodybuilding.com to look for exercise routines

Yeah, I did HIIT for a while, very good workout. I really like how stronglifts 5x5 is working for me. 3 days a week, 3 exercises on each day, no soreness, and good gains of strength. I have also gained 3 pounds I think. I eat like crap and gain 0 lbs. I started eating even healthier in combo with strong lifts for almost a month, and have gained 3-4 lbs.

#14 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

if you're having trouble coming up with different exercises to do, go to freetrainers.com it'll help make a plan for you for each day that you workout to achieve what you want.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users