• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 azhighrise

azhighrise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I have been told the Rail is a decent gun, but i would like to try a Poppet. The only poppet in this price range is the Azodin Zenith would it be worth it? I REALLY want to try a poppet. Please dont post anything if it doesnt apply to my question. Especially not about any other guns.

#2 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Please dont post anything if it doesnt apply to my question. Especially not about any other guns.

Ego11s are better :dodgy:
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

The rail is much better than the zenith. The zenith is a blowback, making it kicky and inefficient. At least the rail is smooth while inefficient.

If you really want to try a poppet, I'd try to find a used Bob Long Protige (which is an awesome gun for the money), which go for around the same price as a new zenith.

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

if you want to try a poppet go to your local field and ask someone with an ego or an etek if you can just try it out for a game. then buy the rail because its better than the zenith

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#5 Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

I say Rail and some upgrades like feedneck, on/off Asa and barrel.

#6 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

why barrel? i have a rail and the stock barrel is fine

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

well if he going to get those right out of the box he might aswell get a eXTCy

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#8 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

extcy. my friends have owned rails and zeniths and they have problems.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#9 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'd take a rail over a zenith.

Also, If you really want to try a poppit, you could wait a year or 2 (lol) for the Valken Proton to come out. I think those will be sold in the $300 price range.

Edited by DudeinDump, 07 August 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#10 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'd take a rail over a zenith.

Also, If you really want to try a poppit, you could wait a year or 2 (lol) for the Valken Proton to come out. I think those will be sold in the $300 price range.

the proton is pretty much a private label aura. which is a spoolie.

#11 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

extcy. my friends have owned rails and zeniths and they have problems.

Posted Image

#12 Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Proto rail no doubt

#13 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

rail but everyone stop saying extcy he wants to know about these two guns plus my friend bought an extcy and right out of the box the asa was cracked it leaked all over the place and i personally hate the feel of it because it feels like plastic

#14 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

If u wanna try a poppit look into an infinity legend

#15 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

ive had no problems with my rail, the only upgrade that you might need is a new barrel. The stock barrel is kinda "meh" but a cheap cp 14/16 goes for about 30 bucks

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#16 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

rail but everyone stop saying extcy he wants to know about these two guns plus my friend bought an extcy and right out of the box the asa was cracked it leaked all over the place and i personally hate the feel of it because it feels like plastic

Why didn't he call GoG? A friend of mine had an invert mini with a fried board from the box and empire helped him and even payed shipping. Companies are there for you (usually)
Posted Image

#17 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

The Zenith will have an on/off ASA while the Rail doesn't. The Zenith has a two-piece, 14" autococker threaded barrel while the Rail has a 12", one-piece autococker threaded barrel. Two piece barrels tend to be slightly more consistent because of their control bore length. The Rail has the hyper-3 regulator while the Zenith (manufactured after May 2012) has the Rocksteady regulator. The hyper-3 has name recognition from the DM series, while my personal experience with the rocksteady on the Kaos-d has been somewhere between +/-2 and +/-3 fps using an underbore. The Rail has a quieter, smoother shot than the Zenith; however, the ZeRO system improves the sound signature and recoil/vibraion/kick of the Zenith compared to other STBBs. I find the barrel rise and kick to be significantly reduced -still pretty loud though.

My kaos-d gets about 1000 shots or so on one 68/4500 fill. The Zenith has a slightly lower operating pressure (220 vs 300 psi) so I'd expect it to be more efficient. 1000 shots is about where the Rail will be as well. I've only ever seen both markers in semi-auto mode, so I can't speak to the differences in boards. The Rail comes in four stock colors as well as custom colors from ANSgear. The Zenith comes in black and black/gold. I find the triggers to be very similar, though the Zenith feels just a bit thinner to me.

I've also heard good things about the Legend, but in the current market of new in box markers, I think the Zenith best represents poppets for the price range.

EDIT: Other thoughts: The Zenith has Macroline to the regulator while the Rail uses steel-braided line. The Rail has the eye pipe for detents and eyes, while the Zenith has external covers that have to be removed with an allen key. The Rail has a two-step bolt removal system to get at the internals. To get to the Zenith bolt you simply pull up on the bolt pin while to get to the striker you simply need to unscrew the back cap where the velocity adjuster is located. The Rail has a plastic, clamping feedneck while the Zenith has the Twistlock 2 aluminum feedneck. Generally aluminum is sturdier than plastic though both feel pretty tight. The twistlock 2 feedneck will let your hopper rotate horizontally slightly; this will make a lot of people feel like their hopper is unsecure. Personally, I've found the twistlock to be just as secure as a CP locking feedneck, though I use the CP now because it's faster to lock with the clamp than it is to tighten down the twistlock.

Edited by Unfated33, 10 August 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#18 PlanetEclipse15

PlanetEclipse15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have personally owned both. Don't ever buy a zenith. Piece of crap. Rail is what I currently have. It used so much air and do many batteries. U have to literally take the battery out after the day is over because it uses the batteries while off. IMO save up and find a Etek 3 or something like that. They r both trash guns.

#19 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Rail is better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users