20 replies to this topic

#1 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

OK so i have 100 dollars right now and my mask is a shitty rental mask basically those cheap 18 dollar ones, i also need an electronic hopper as well, im trying to do mask, hopper, tank, then gun so right now i'm looking for a quality mask with a thermal lens and a good hopper that i dont really have to upgrade later. please tell me a mask and a hopper combination for a little less than $150.I'm not looking for a bundle but a combination of 2 separate items. TELL ME: the items and why you picked them as your choice of items.

~thank you for helping me in advance

Lulzjustacat.png

#2 EclipseIncarnate

EclipseIncarnate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

for a loader i would recommend an invert too for your price range, its nice, light and quiet, they are $74 which leaves you with $76 for a mask, with that being said, i would recommend the jt proflex , for $65, it's great, it's comfortable, extremely breathable, is very customizable, and comes with a thermal lens which by the way, you can get smoke lenses stock with the mask for those sunny days and save yourself $20. your grand total would be $139, so there's your "little less than $150".

#3 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

http://www.ansgear.c...erpackage11.htm Okay , i know you don't want to spend a lot but you shouldn't dig yourself into a hole of cheap equipment that needs upgrading all the time. if you were to expand your budget by 100$ you could get Events , a CF 4500 tank , and an Invert halo too with some accesories. I think this will be better and cheaper in the long run.

but if you just want a mask and a loader , i'd say what eclipse incarnate said and get the halo too and a proflex. Look on your local craigslist/kijiji/paintball forums for cheap hoppers. i've found halos selling for 30 bucks and Vlocity's selling for $5 (legit) . but don't buy your mask used its kinda grody. lol

EDIT : POST #200!

Edited by REDCOBRA, 05 August 2012 - 03:53 AM.

Posted Image

#4 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hopper: Invert Halo Too - $73.00 : http://www.ansgear.c...ooloaderblk.htm and
Mask: Proto Axis Pro - $79.00 : http://www.ansgear.c...romaskblack.htm from ANSGear. If you order them together you get free shipping.

I own both and have used them extensively since June 2012 and I recommend them highly. Hopper is fast, has not jammed and has great battery life. Mask is excellent, easy to breathe and I have had no issues with fogging, even in VERY hot and humid conditions.

Edited by GuyGrim, 05 August 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#5 Bear112

Bear112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Above^^^^ also if you want to be very cheap you could find a Vlocity for like $30, they are great loaders then get a VERY good mask, then just get a Steele tank (3000psi/45ci)
I love Azodin CS

#6 Dragonrain

Dragonrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

If u don't mind lightly used,
Get yourself a sly profit for about $70-75 and an invert too for about $45-50. Max you'll spend $115-125. And you'll have enough for a steelie.

#7 Space-Invader

Space-Invader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Any higher end mask from $80-$100 bucks and if u go into the sale hunter forum there's a link to where u can buy brand new halo hoppers for $40 bucks (this is what I'd do)
Proud Christian Baller- Phillipians 4:13
Soccer and Paintball are BANGIN like a BISQUIT
Reppin for the Dope Fresh Nation SAAN!
The one and only Shadow Alchemist - *FMA*

#8 ChemXu

ChemXu

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

thermal invert helix 30$
used vlocity, halo, etc 30-40$
used 68/4500 thats been rehydroed before shipping 90-100$

if you can find a good deal thats about 150

#9 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Used Prophecy + used Grillz = $100
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#10 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have a vforce profiler. $75 and I love it. Very comfortable and quick change lense is awesome

#11 lp04

lp04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

flex 8 $53
halo too, $74.

thats $127, leaves some money for a speed feed of some sort

#12 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

don't forget to check out the 18v fasta. that is also a very good hopper for about 70 bucks

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Okay, so this was my method for going through the high-end masks that don't fog:

1. I tried all of them on that I could, which meant I got to try on the Pro Axis, i4, E-vents, Proflex, and Profiler. I could've tried on the Grill but didn't. The Profits aren't really sold in this area (perhaps because too warm for the hot climate?) and the E-flex wasn't out yet.
2. Both the i4 and ProAxis felt too small for my face, especially the Pro Axis. The Proflex was way too floppy in the jaw/ear area, and didn't feel right around my eyes/forehead/face.
3. Between the E-vents, Profiler, and Grill, I liked the comfort of the Profiler the best and liked the bounce shield and forehead protection between the Grill and Profiler comparison. The Profiler also had a better field of vision than the E-vents. I bought the Profilers.

You may find your own reasons, or you may find the Pro Axis or i4 don't feel too small on your face. Since I've purchased the Profilers, I've found the E-flex to be a really great mask as well, but it's very expensive. I highly discourage you buying a used mask.

As for hoppers, I think you have 4 choices: Spyder Fasta 18v, Invert Halo II, Valken V-max, and used Pinokio/Rotor/Z2. I'd even suggest buying the first three used. You can likely get a used Fasta for $50 or less. A used Pinokio for probably around $90. You're going to struggle to get a good mask and a high end loader for $150 unless you buy a used mask (gross, don't do it) or find a cheap Proflex that you like.

EDIT: When it comes time to buy your tank, choose a carbon fiber tank that is used but retested from a site like swapmytank.com (can get a 68/4500 for $90-$110).

Edited by Unfated33, 15 October 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#14 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I have a vforce profiler. $75 and I love it. Very comfortable and quick change lense is awesome

^^^ Great mask, I highly recommend this. Got mine used for 35.00 a few months ago.

#15 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Profiler and Pinokio imo...if you can. Hard budget, sure get a Halo-type and you will be around $150 total.

#16 PeacockoPerryPB

PeacockoPerryPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Maybe you should think about bundles. I got my new halo v35 with rip drive, 50/45 new pure energy tank, and profiler for about 165-170 and the tank cost more than that new

#17 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

don't forget to check out the 18v fasta. that is also a very good hopper for about 70 bucks

This^^

#18 RampageEtek3

RampageEtek3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Got a good mask on sale here:&nbsp;<a href="http://www.techpb.co...79</a><br>comes with mirror chrome lens, and for $60 bucks, ill pay for shipping

#19 Nextgenpb96

Nextgenpb96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Get the proflex and the invert too. if u go to ansgear.com u can a completely customizable jt proflex

#20 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

uhh you sure know how to dig up dead threads :P I've gotten everything plus more since this post but thanks for replying i guess better late than never?

Lulzjustacat.png

#21 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

uhh you sure know how to dig up dead threads :P I've gotten everything plus more since this post but thanks for replying i guess better late than never?

I laughed when I saw it pop back up yesterday. Now I can expect to see it on the first page for another day or two with fresh advice.

Just out of curiosity, what did you end up picking and were you able to stay under the $150 limit?
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users