42 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hello, I've been trying to find more information about this Marker but nothing conclusive has come up. Seems like a lot of personal preferences or some other opinion, but nothing definitive.

Anyways, can someone tell me more about the E1? Like reliability, efficiency, how it feels.

First off, Don't post unless you have actually owned and used the marker for more than a month.

Second, Don't post if you only will say "Oh it's a $#!7 marker, get a Rail instead."

Keep this on topic, keep this about the E1.

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image

i feel like youre just trying to convince yourself to buy the E1 or find one person that likes it in order to not feel guilt if you decide to make the wrong decision.. Weve given our opinions on the other threads that you have posted.

Just again to recap

Efficiency- similar to the Tippman98
Reliability- The gun is dump valve similar to the G4. The G4 has bolt stick issues,tons of board issues such as battery draining, not to mention DP has the worst track record in universe.
Comfort- The thing has panel grips. Not the best feel in the world

Theres not very much information on this marker because its not a good marker. The milling on it is poor the whole design is just a G4 that was made cheaper and just check the Dangerous Power subforum. Half the threads are about problems that reoccur and are difficult to fix.

Were not telling you these things because we are lying to you. We're doing this because we've been where you are right now before, and we dont want you to make the same mistakes we did.

#3 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

Okay so i've used mine for 3 times and here's what i've gathered

~500 psi = ~1 pod

oil it like a mofo its bolt sticks A LOT

oil the solenoid o-rings

the feedneck sucks hardcore, the orings dont work well and chances are they will be mangled when you put the hopper on it. put tape on the hopper feedneck and it will be golden.

The trigger feels weird to me , it makes my hand go spastic when i try to walk on it. but thats just me

DO NOT MESS WITH THE TRIGGER

sometimes you will get leaks from the barrel a second shot will fix it

I got mine for 85$ used and i wouldn't pay a dollar more for it..

Posted Image

#4 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

i feel like youre just trying to convince yourself to buy the E1 or find one person that likes it in order to not feel guilt if you decide to make the wrong decision.. Weve given our opinions on the other threads that you have posted.

Just again to recap

Efficiency- similar to the Tippman98
Reliability- The gun is dump valve similar to the G4. The G4 has bolt stick issues,tons of board issues such as battery draining, not to mention DP has the worst track record in universe.
Comfort- The thing has panel grips. Not the best feel in the world

Theres not very much information on this marker because its not a good marker. The milling on it is poor the whole design is just a G4 that was made cheaper and just check the Dangerous Power subforum. Half the threads are about problems that reoccur and are difficult to fix.

Were not telling you these things because we are lying to you. We're doing this because we've been where you are right now before, and we dont want you to make the same mistakes we did.

Have you actually owned the marker?
I don't really care about milling.
And considering that the g4 is DP's main marker, not surprised that the subforum is filled with threads about the problem.

Okay so i've used mine for 3 times and here's what i've gathered

~500 psi = ~1 pod

oil it like a mofo its bolt sticks A LOT

oil the solenoid o-rings

the feedneck sucks hardcore, the orings dont work well and chances are they will be mangled when you put the hopper on it. put tape on the hopper feedneck and it will be golden.

The trigger feels weird to me , it makes my hand go spastic when i try to walk on it. but thats just me

DO NOT MESS WITH THE TRIGGER

sometimes you will get leaks from the barrel a second shot will fix it

I got mine for 85$ used and i wouldn't pay a dollar more for it..

Thank you very much for your input! It's much appreciated. The ~500 psi = ~1 pod is on what sized tank?

#5 Makushin

Makushin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Tank size is irrelevant.
500 psi = 500 psi, and I doubt you will be finding very many positive reviews of the e1 here.

#6 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Why would you not want alternatives are you that set on buying it? I mean for the price range there are better markers so why not let people give you useful information.... 2 cents for you sir.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#7 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I just want information about the marker.
If you were looking for information about say, world war 2, or a BMW, wouldn't you be a little frustrated when people would suggest other things such as Vietnam War or a Ford???

I'm looking for people who have actually used the marker, who have actually owned the marker. Seem like a lot of the replies I get are people who have only watched mike's video.

Tank size does matter. are you saying a 45/4500 is the same as a 68/4500 since the PSI is the same???

Edited by Dragon1291, 06 August 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#8 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

If you were looking for information about say, world war 2, or a BMW, wouldn't you be a little frustrated when people would suggest other things such as Vietnam War or a Ford???

I'm looking for people who have actually used the marker, who have actually owned the marker. Seem like a lot of the replies I get are people who have only watched mike's video.

Tank size does matter. are you saying a 45/4500 is the same as a 68/4500 since the PSI is the same???

Mike thought it was the bee's knees when it first came out and a few months ago he pointed out how bad it was (That's where everyone is getting their opinion from). The reason for that is that new lower price range markers went up for sale now and some are better than the E1. I myself wouldn't recomend the E1 because i've had some experience with it and don't completely like it, I would recomend a GOG something or an azodin, but if you just play rec-ball it is good cheap marker.

Tank size has nothing to do with psi output. The size just changes the amount of air held.

Posted Image

#9 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

No, nobody said that.

Edited by newwestswag, 06 August 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#10 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Mike thought it was the bee's knees when it first came out and a few months ago he pointed out how bad it was (That's where everyone is getting their opinion from). The reason for that is that new lower price range markers went up for sale now and some are better than the E1. I myself wouldn't recomend the E1 because i've had some experience with it and don't completely like it, I would recomend a GOG something or an azodin, but if you just play rec-ball it is good cheap marker.

Tank size has nothing to do with psi output. The size just changes the amount of air held.

On a scale from 1 - 10 how reliable would you way it is? And yes, just looking for a recball marker. Not going to go into any tournaments. Just good old recball fun with the occasional scenario game.

Can I ask what is the actual efficiency? Like what tank you were using and such. Thank you very much for your time mate.

No, nobody said that.

Tank size is irrelevant.
500 psi = 500 psi, and I doubt you will be finding very many positive reviews of the e1 here.

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

On a scale from 1 - 10 how reliable would you way it is? And yes, just looking for a recball marker. Not going to go into any tournaments. Just good old recball fun with the occasional scenario game.

Can I ask what is the actual efficiency? Like what tank you were using and such. Thank you very much for your time mate.

No, nobody said that.

Tank size is irrelevant.

Ah ha! I've been looking for an opportunity to bring out advice like this: If you're just going to be playing rec ball with an occasional scenario, then you should go with a good mechanical marker. There's really no reason to need an electro and it will save you on the cost of batteries for your marker (and maybe your loader, too).

The Tippman line isn't necessarily bad for this, but I personally like the black and digi-camo Azodin Kaos or the black/gold Azodin Kaos Deluxe. The performance difference between the E1 and these mechanical markers isn't going to be very far off and you'll be saving money for paint/entry/other equipment by choosing a mech over the E1.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#12 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Already have a mech marker, a pump, and a PGP in my gearbag. I wanted something that could sling paint at a fairly decent clip.

#13 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

If I ask about a BMW and its utter shite I would like someone to suggest other comparable models... Not that the marker is shit that a just for example.

#14 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

so pretty much what youre saying is that you want someone to be a salesman for the E1.

The BETTER G4 gets 7 pods out of a 68/4500 which is pretty terrible as tippman guns get better than that. The E1 is a DOWNGRADED version of the G4.

Also, the problems with G4 are huge manufacturing problems. The put shitty lube throughout the gun, it clogs solenoids, makes the bolt and pistons stick, and many other problems. DP guns have in the box issues.

I also dont understand how youre telling us that were "rude" and give you "bs answers" when multiple people have explained clearly why E1 is not a good gun for the amount of money that you pay.

Edited by 510waffles, 06 August 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#15 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

so pretty much what youre saying is that you want someone to be a salesman for the E1.

^^ That;'s fairly rude, is it not?

And when people are simply reiterating what mike says in his videos, I kinda feel that that is a BS response. Don't make comments about the marker unless you have used it. Explaining how it's like a G4- That's Helpful. Making snide comments-not helpful.

Especially when you consider that in the good old days of TechPB people could get on, get a non-BS answer to their question, and simply move on from there with more research. NOwadays it just seems that people post long tangents that have nothing to do with the original post or what the OP wanted. Oh how times have changed in only so few years.

#16 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

I've had 3 months of experience with the E1 I can already tell you the GoG eNVy is better and I'm glad I didn't buy that E1.

When I first started my friend gave me his E1 to borrow. I had the chance to get a Prophecy v2 but the feedneck didn't fit so I got an eggy not bad but v2 is better. The feedneck o rings were crap so I wrapped the eggs feedneck with electrical tape so it was barely useable. The thing got bolt stick pretty bad so I used a lot of oil instead of grease and try fired a few shots without the barrel to get rid of the excess oil. The board is crap and doesn't even have ramping. The trigger is okay but felt kinda cheap. I needed a new battery every 2 weekends. I had like 4 pods off a steelie. Dangerous Power has crap CS.

There's pretty much all the bad. Now for the good :P
It's really small similar but not as bad as a mini. It's got nice grips. It's got an easy to turn asa but I don't like that the hose is on the left side. It's anodizing is amazing for how cheap the gun is.

In the end get a GoG eNVy for a bit more, an eXTCy would be far better than both however. The thing looks cool but just isn't worth the price for a gun that's fairly unreliable.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#17 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

what they're saying isnt opinion, its fact. Its a fact that the E1 has bolt stick. it a fact that the E1 has terrible efficiency. Its a fact that the feedneck is terrible. i'v never owned one but a friend let me use his for a day when my gun went down. its a very tiny gun, so its very easy to play tight especially if you you use a 12" or 8" barrel. ergonomics are just terrible IMO. The feedneck is garbage. multiple times i had my hopper go rolling down the field. Over the chrono i was getting 30+- so very inconsistent. was also appeared to be rough on paint. i was using GI 4 star and it would always break paint when i shot 8+ bps. not sure if it was the eyes or what but it wasn't my loader cause it was working on my gun earlier that day. this was my experience with the gun.
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#18 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you all very much for your thoughts/experiences on the Marker.

BIg killer for me would be the Bolt Stick Issue. Everything else is pretty minor (I dont care about board modes AT ALL, Feedneck can be replaced fairly cheap, Ergos I don't Care I'm an adaptable person)

Guess back onto the search/wait.

#19 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

You guys should've read the OP's post. all he wanted to know was information about the DP e1. give him that then suggest other things. If the marker is shit then just give the information and the OP can figure that out on his own. This is in the newbie forum take it easy.

Posted Image

#20 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Like I said GoG eNVy has everything it lacks and more :D
Posted Image

#21 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'll say it here since I feel that people don't understand where I'm coming from.

I'm in no sense a "Newbie" to paintball. Been playing since 06, on and off however. I don't plan on getting in any big tournaments, so those tournament modes on the boards are a waste of my money. Even if my local field allowed for some sort of ramping, I would still only use Semi-Auto.

I just want a marker similar to my 98 and my Pump in the sense that if I want to go out one weekend I won't need to worry if my gun is working or not.

I'll be graduating College in (hopefully) 2 years. Not much time to play now, but hopefully once I get a real job I'll have the spare cash and time to play more often.

Anyways, that's me.

#22 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

If you want a gun similar to your 98 and your pump why not make this beast :D
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=aMxUeTadhr4

Hahaha jk

If you really want a gun reliable as a tippmann get a GoG G1, if you want a G1 in a speedball body get a GoG eNVy, if you want to upgrade the eNVy, save about 60$ more and buy a GoG eXTCy.

Also if your field allowed ramping and you played with other kids that ramp im sure you would take that back and join the ramp wagon ;)
Posted Image

#23 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'll say it here since I feel that people don't understand where I'm coming from.

I'm in no sense a "Newbie" to paintball. Been playing since 06, on and off however. I don't plan on getting in any big tournaments, so those tournament modes on the boards are a waste of my money. Even if my local field allowed for some sort of ramping, I would still only use Semi-Auto.

I just want a marker similar to my 98 and my Pump in the sense that if I want to go out one weekend I won't need to worry if my gun is working or not.

I'll be graduating College in (hopefully) 2 years. Not much time to play now, but hopefully once I get a real job I'll have the spare cash and time to play more often.

Anyways, that's me.

Your join date tells us that. But in terms of buying equipment you still dont understand.I like to compare buying guns to buying a car..Look at it this way. Youre asking if a hyundai sonata is a good choice to buy. We are all telling you that the Toyota Camry is a LOT better for a little more and youre telling us that even though the Toyota Camry is better, has a better track record as a company, comes with more features, is more reliable, is more spacious and comfortable,has better gas mileage, dosent need any parts that need to be fixed right after you buy it.,You want something thats similar to your beat up civic and were telling you that if youre going to spend any money at all, why would you go buy a shitty hyundai when a Toyata Camry is worth a lot more in value. and with this thread, youre telling us you want more information on the Hyundai Sonata which almost 7+ people have told you time after time that the Camry is better. Youre telling us that youre not willing to spend money on a better car, but youre willing to spend more money on a car that is worse and requires you to dump more money in the long run. Neither the Camry or the Sonata are race cars and you told us you wont be racing them. Does that make the Sonata a better car? No.

TLDR: Analogy with crappy hyundai sonata as E1 and decent Camry as the rail. If you still dont understand I give up. Just because youre not going to play in a tournament dosent mean the extra tourmanet modes arent going to come in handy when you decide to. Most people that own 4x4s dont even need it as they are in the city, When they have snow, that means they dont have to go out and pay for snow chains.

Edited by 510waffles, 06 August 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#24 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

If you want a gun similar to your 98 and your pump why not make this beast :D
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=aMxUeTadhr4

Hahaha jk

If you really want a gun reliable as a tippmann get a GoG G1, if you want a G1 in a speedball body get a GoG eNVy, if you want to upgrade the eNVy, save about 60$ more and buy a GoG eXTCy.

Also if your field allowed ramping and you played with other kids that ramp im sure you would take that back and join the ramp wagon ;)

Naw, Being a Purest I consider ramping to take away too much spirit of the game. Even if the field allowed it, probably wouldn't do it.And I've pretty much decided against playing in tournaments for most of my PB career. The Tournament scene just doesn't interest me at all. Why spend money on board modes I'd never even consider using?

And while I know about the GOG envy and extcy, I just hate the fact its not AC threaded. Sure, I can get an adapter but then whats the point? Last I recall most paintball barrel adapters aren't that great due to the bore and such. I have a full barrel kit for my pump, why need to spend more money on another barrel kit?

And is it wrong to simply ask for information about a Gun. Not even asking if its a good gun to buy. Just some information without people jutting in advice about other markers? Instead I usually got responses that I didn't care about (Board, Feedneck) or that gave no information at all (It Sucks, Skip it)

Maybe it's because I'm an engineer, I want to get all the information possible about everything. Is that a hard thing to ask?? Is that a Bad thing to ask??

#25 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

The Dangerous Power E1 sucks. There is a much better gun in its price range.
Posted Image

#26 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Stuffs

1 Sure, I can get an adapter but then whats the point?
2 Last I recall most paintball barrel adapters aren't that great due to the bore and such.
3 I have a full barrel kit for my pump, why need to spend more money on another barrel kit?

1 get your barrel kit on a gun with different barrel threads
2 nonsense unless you get a custom bored adapter
3 that's why you get an adapter, they even have colors.

I forgot to mention, are you willing to buy used?
Posted Image

#27 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

As long as the Used gun if from a company still in business. I'd like to be able to Purchase spare parts and such in an easy manner.

#28 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Find a used Bob Long Protege for around 200$ any you have got a gun better than Egos :D a little more you can get a used Bob Long Vice which is the same as a Protege only lighter sexyer and I think has a lower rise feedneck.

I'm not very much of a Timmy pro but I can tell you for sure they feel amazing when they shoot and the newer generation 4 I think it was they just fit perfectly in your hands.
Posted Image

#29 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Anyways, that's me.

Your join date tells us that. But in terms of buying equipment you still dont understand.I like to compare buying guns to buying a car..Look at it this way. Youre asking if a hyundai sonata is a good choice to buy. We are all telling you that the Toyota Camry is a LOT better for a little more and youre telling us that even though the Toyota Camry is better, has a better track record as a company, comes with more features, is more reliable, is more spacious and comfortable,has better gas mileage, dosent need any parts that need to be fixed right after you buy it.,You want something thats similar to your beat up civic and were telling you that if youre going to spend any money at all, why would you go buy a shitty hyundai when a Toyata Camry is worth a lot more in value. and with this thread, youre telling us you want more information on the Hyundai Sonata which almost 7+ people have told you time after time that the Camry is better. Youre telling us that youre not willing to spend money on a better car, but youre willing to spend more money on a car that is worse and requires you to dump more money in the long run. Neither the Camry or the Sonata are race cars and you told us you wont be racing them. Does that make the Sonata a better car? No.

TLDR: Analogy with crappy hyundai sonata as E1 and decent Camry as the rail. If you still dont understand I give up. Just because youre not going to play in a tournament dosent mean the extra tourmanet modes arent going to come in handy when you decide to. Most people that own 4x4s dont even need it as they are in the city, When they have snow, that means they dont have to go out and pay for snow chains.

And to carry that analogy further, if you're just going to drive your vehicle through the woods, why not consider a mountain bike? The Azodin Kaos Deluxe has the adjustable regulator, two-finger mech trigger, and recoil reduction system that will let you really outfire most other mechs without having the kick and barrel-rise you'd expect - especially with my underbore. This past weekend my friend was using my Kaos-D with Primo while I played with his MacDev 07 Cyborg with Rotor. I was only slightly faster with the Cyborg than the Kaos, and my friend could actually fire the Kaos faster than I could. Neither of us had a dry fire with the Primo and no chops or breaks.

You can get a Kaos-D for the price of the Blitz, $169.95 from many retailers on Amazon (including WaveToGo and DoroSports). That plus a Primo is cheaper than the DP E1 alone, and only becomes a better comparison against most any other electro marker comparison in semi-auto until you're spending $250 or more on just the marker and then more on the electro hopper. If you're determined to go for semi-auto play only, this is what I'd recommend and it meets all of your criteria above.

#30 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

And to carry that analogy further, if you're just going to drive your vehicle through the woods, why not consider a mountain bike? The Azodin Kaos Deluxe has the adjustable regulator, two-finger mech trigger, and recoil reduction system that will let you really outfire most other mechs without having the kick and barrel-rise you'd expect - especially with my underbore. This past weekend my friend was using my Kaos-D with Primo while I played with his MacDev 07 Cyborg with Rotor. I was only slightly faster with the Cyborg than the Kaos, and my friend could actually fire the Kaos faster than I could. Neither of us had a dry fire with the Primo and no chops or breaks.

You can get a Kaos-D for the price of the Blitz, $169.95 from many retailers on Amazon (including WaveToGo and DoroSports). That plus a Primo is cheaper than the DP E1 alone, and only becomes a better comparison against most any other electro marker comparison in semi-auto until you're spending $250 or more on just the marker and then more on the electro hopper. If you're determined to go for semi-auto play only, this is what I'd recommend and it meets all of your criteria above.

While I appreciate the advice, at that price point if I wanted a Mech Marker, I'd get a Mech Cocker.
I'm just looking for a nice electro to compliment my arsenal. I have a mech tippmann that I am able to rip fairly quickly.
Is there something wrong if I use an electro for solely semi-automatic play?

#31 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

A used Shocker is amazing if you don't string a lot of paint or constantly fill your tank.

Edited by Hitman2513, 07 August 2012 - 12:54 AM.

Posted Image

#32 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

While I appreciate the advice, at that price point if I wanted a Mech Marker, I'd get a Mech Cocker.
I'm just looking for a nice electro to compliment my arsenal. I have a mech tippmann that I am able to rip fairly quickly.
Is there something wrong if I use an electro for solely semi-automatic play?

Oh, there's nothing wrong with it, I simply believe you just won't see a lot of benefit compared to the Kaos-D (or the Spyder Xtra, honestly). What you're paying for is the ability to squeeze the trigger faster, and the eyes in the breech to keep from breaking paint while doing it. You're also guaranteed to pay more in both the marker choice and loader. Under the $300 price point, though, you're often sacrificing macroline, on/off ASA, and autococker threading in many of the electro markers that would compete. This is just my impression, but none of the Rail, eNVy, G4, or E1 (and at a higher price point, also the Crossover and Etha) have a trigger pull that is anything worth having. It only starts to become a much crisper, faster trigger with the Mini, the Axe, the Etek4, and markers more expensive than those (I haven't tried the Aura/Proton, so I can't speak to that one at the $325 price point - I also left out the eXTCy because while I personally don't like the trigger, many say it's great and I've had enough GOG battles this year).

The Kaos-D is lighter than the Tippman or any cocker and is going to behave more like the high end, newer cockers than late 90's or early 00's models. It's newer, but the mech cocker - or heck, the mech ion, aren't bad choices. That said, I think I said more than enough at this point for a path that's not what you want. In the electro arena, I'd try to get the eXTCy if I could, or go way up to the mini and possibly proton. I think if you buy anything below that price point you're going to be compelled to spend even more money in upgrades to get a substandard marker compared to the eXTCy. Proto Rail is probably also a viable choice, as is the Blitz or Zenith. I think those all have a better trigger than the DP E1, and for semi-auto rec ball I think that's going to be your biggest determining factor for play.

#33 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

we all tell about the problems the E1 has like bolt stick (i've experienced this first hand) and the bolt stick gets even worse as it get's colder. the feedneck is absolute trash, can't adjust it. if a marker like the G4 which is slightly higher end has out of the box problems like cheap, leaky fittings, bolt stick, and an unreliable noid the E1 is going to have these problems too being it's lower end counterpart. i also don't know if the E1 shares the problem of the FX (DP's 500$) where the eye covers randomly blow off.

why not go with the proto rail, it has cocker threads, adjustable feedneck, a much better regulator (hyper 3, same as on the 1300$ DM), has the UL frame which is very comfy (same frame with slightly different, still comfy grips as the 1300$ DM), and has a good company backing it. the rail will be a little more efficient, much smoother, quieter than the E1. it has the eye pipe which is a great piece of technology (included on the 1300$ DM),

i just don't see why you wouldn't go with the rail, it seems to be what you want but you insist on trying to get someone to say something good about the E1. the reason we keep recommending other markers is because they are better in pretty much every way

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#34 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

we all tell about the problems the E1 has like bolt stick (i've experienced this first hand) and the bolt stick gets even worse as it get's colder. the feedneck is absolute trash, can't adjust it. if a marker like the G4 which is slightly higher end has out of the box problems like cheap, leaky fittings, bolt stick, and an unreliable noid the E1 is going to have these problems too being it's lower end counterpart. i also don't know if the E1 shares the problem of the FX (DP's 500$) where the eye covers randomly blow off.

why not go with the proto rail, it has cocker threads, adjustable feedneck, a much better regulator (hyper 3, same as on the 1300$ DM), has the UL frame which is very comfy (same frame with slightly different, still comfy grips as the 1300$ DM), and has a good company backing it. the rail will be a little more efficient, much smoother, quieter than the E1. it has the eye pipe which is a great piece of technology (included on the 1300$ DM),

i just don't see why you wouldn't go with the rail, it seems to be what you want but you insist on trying to get someone to say something good about the E1. the reason we keep recommending other markers is because they are better in pretty much every way

this

#35 paintballerE1

paintballerE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

i own a dp e1 for about 2months now and i love it, its a really good gun if ur a budget baller and cant afford a ramp gun...so far i had no leaks no breaks and my boult never got stuck yet but i gotta admit the feed neck does suck tho

#36 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=201194

better than the E1, cheaper than the E1 by 60 bucks. here is your solution. It has everything you need and will be similar to your tippman in feel, be smoother, and will give that extra boost you need.Easily one of the most durable electronic guns in the industry, has better efficency than the E1 Has 2 modes that i think you would like using, .Has a proven track record( I just called GoG paintball yesterday and they were great)

/endthread.

Edited by 510waffles, 07 August 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#37 ChefTech

ChefTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Dragon, I haven't personally used the E1 ( I have a Vibe and a G1), but I have played alongside an E1 and so far so good for my friend. He bought it used, no issues, it rips pretty good and he really likes it. He has a boobie tank and has yet to run out of air during a game (I tell him he doesn't shoot enough paint...) I have held it and checked it out and feels better than my Vibe (metal vs, plastic). Overall, an nice cheap marker that slings some paint. Fairly quiet too! Would I buy it, No. But that is because I am heavily vested in the Smart Parts/GOG camp. If had AC threaded barrels etc, I would definitely go with the E1.

#38 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thank you all very much for your input.

I'll probably just continue on with my search.

Just some food for thought: Just because something is used on something that is more expensive, doesn't make that thing any better.

From the maturity of several of the posts, it's pretty easy to estimate the ages of all ya'll, just sayin. I've been there, thinking that I knew everything in the world and that I couldn't be wrong. Trust me, you become really wrong, really fast.

Anyways, thanks to everyone else who provided very helpful advice. @Unfated33, while I may not choose the Azodin Chaos-D myself, I'll probably find myself recommending it to my friends who are interested in starting to play.

@PaintballerE1 : Hope your marker keeps on working for you. @ChefTech:Hope your friend's marker keeps on trucking for him.

And just one final thing. Just because there are complaints on a forum about a specific marker, it does not mean that whole line is terrible. Think about it, if you had a working marker, would you just rant on and on on a forum about how well it performed? Probably not. The majority of time people posting in a forum is to ask for advice.

It's like if some people had specific problems with Ford vehicles and would complain about their problems constantly. Does that mean Ford is a bad company? That the Car I'll buy will break down on me? Probably not.

Peace out. See you on the Field.

#39 Overlord

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

And is it wrong to simply ask for information about a Gun. Not even asking if its a good gun to buy. Just some information without people jutting in advice about other markers? Instead I usually got responses that I didn't care about (Board, Feedneck) or that gave no information at all (It Sucks, Skip it)

Well you are asking for info and feedneck sucks and board only has 2 modes is info,and how can we know what do you care about and what you don't. From your other posts I think you don't care about anything. You said you care about reliability and when everybody told you that e1 isn't reliable you still push it. I really don get it why don't you let people help you.

#40 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Well you are asking for info and feedneck sucks and board only has 2 modes is info,and how can we know what do you care about and what you don't. From your other posts I think you don't care about anything. You said you care about reliability and when everybody told you that e1 isn't reliable you still push it. I really don get it why don't you let people help you.

Without disrespect I think he's just looking for someone to sell him the gun.
Posted Image

#41 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Well it's also information I can gather easily. From the start I knew the feedneck was not good and that the board only had two modes. Just looking for personal experiences people have had with the marker. Not looking for someone to sell me the gun, looking for someone who has used one and owned one.

i own a dp e1 for about 2months now and i love it, its a really good gun if ur a budget baller and cant afford a ramp gun...so far i had no leaks no breaks and my boult never got stuck yet but i gotta admit the feed neck does suck tho

Dragon, I haven't personally used the E1 ( I have a Vibe and a G1), but I have played alongside an E1 and so far so good for my friend. He bought it used, no issues, it rips pretty good and he really likes it. He has a boobie tank and has yet to run out of air during a game (I tell him he doesn't shoot enough paint...) I have held it and checked it out and feels better than my Vibe (metal vs, plastic). Overall, an nice cheap marker that slings some paint. Fairly quiet too! Would I buy it, No. But that is because I am heavily vested in the Smart Parts/GOG camp. If had AC threaded barrels etc, I would definitely go with the E1.

^^^That type of stuff is helpful to know as well as the bad stuff such as bolt stick etc etc.

It's like if I wanted to Purchase a real firearm. I'd want to talk to those who own the firearms that I am interested in to see firsthand experience. Some things (you'll find out in life) have off days where they will just refuse to work. Someone who owns a gun will know about these off days, whereas someone who only reads about the gun only knows about the off days. I'm asking for information about a Colt 1911, yet people are only giving me information about a Glock 19. I don't want information about a Glock 19, I want information about 1911's from people who owned a 1911.

I've had friends who have had markers with horrible off days. Just nothing working for them. Then they had their on days where their marker is just ripping it.

I also get the feeling a lot of you are doing the justification for buying a more expensive marker. Same thing happened years ago. You save up a little bit more money you can get this which has X, Y, and Z. Save a little more money you get H, I, and J. You try to justify spending more money, but you just end up saving and saving and saving and saving. It's actually what got me out of paintball. I'd ask for advice and I get responses like what you guys say, spend a little more money, and when I ask about the new gun in the new price bracket I get a whole new batch of responses.

Edited by Dragon1291, 08 August 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#42 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

we have told you the E1 is unreliable and is backed up from a unreliable company. No one who owns it will tell you its amazing its just not. We have given you alternatives but you have made up your mind. So go buy your E1 and experiance it first hand.

#43 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Wow... i never said I made up my mind about it.
*sigh*

I guess most of ya'll will never understand. Oh well, IDGAF.

Thanks to those who did provide informational feedback. It was helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users