6 replies to this topic

#1 sergeant spaghetti

sergeant spaghetti

That Dolphin Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ok, so on my CP on/off asa twisting it to the off position doesn't pull the little pin thing (sorry i don't know the name) back.
Is this a big problem or is there a way I can fix it?

#2 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Ok, so on my CP on/off asa twisting it to the off position doesn't pull the little pin thing (sorry i don't know the name) back.
Is this a big problem or is there a way I can fix it?

Does the tank's valve close when you're unscrewing it like normal? My remote line had something similar to this. It's because the pin that pushes the valve pin into the open position doesnt have a spring itself. The force of the valve pin closing will push the ASA pin.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#3 SKenney

SKenney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Can you push the pin back with your finger? If you can, then nothing is wrong. If you can't, it may be jammed or just need some lubing.

#4 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

^agreed. the pin in the CP ASA doesn't have it's own spring, and is indeed pushed by the valve pin on the tank's reg. should be fine.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#5 shooptek

shooptek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

Yep. Just as they said, this is normal as long as you can push it back with your finger.

Keep up with Bunkerama:
Twitter | YouTube | Bunkerama.com

#6 sergeant spaghetti

sergeant spaghetti

That Dolphin Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

I can push the pin thing back to the off position with my finger but it seems like it would be a problem when trying to unscrew your tank.

Should I be worried?

#7 donalduck_69

donalduck_69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

Like stated, when you are unscrewing the on/off, the pressure inside the tank pushes it's pin out, which in turn pushes the pin on your CP out. It won't cause any harm to your tank. You can push it with your finger (like 5 psi), a tank pushing 1500 psi will do the trick.
Nate

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users