• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Guzman

Jake Guzman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Would a pump gun be a bad first marker? Like an azoidin kaos pump?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

No it would not.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Eh, I'd suggest just getting a regular gun if this is going to be your first, unless you've already played a bunch before.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#4 Jake Guzman

Jake Guzman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

I thought that would be the case. Would a used vibe or a new envy be better? I already have a dual pane lense mask, 68/4500, and a invert too loader

#5 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Budget?

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

An Envy would be great, as well as a GOG extcy.

#7 Jake Guzman

Jake Guzman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

250 max but cheaper would better so I could play more

#8 Jake Guzman

Jake Guzman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Is the vibe with blackheart for 145 a good deal?

#9 EclipseIncarnate

EclipseIncarnate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Is the vibe with blackheart for 145 a good deal?

It's a nice beginner marker, the blackheart board definetly performs well for the price and by that I mean it has more options on it then any other board on a marker $300 and below

#10 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

If you want a realy good deal try buying a used super gun like a Timmy or dm6-8 you will get much more out of your set ip

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

if you rented a lot already or have played with semi-autos quite a bit and want to try pump then i see why not. playing pump wont magically make you good but it does help with a lot of basics and even slightly more advance techniques such as snap shooting (if you consider that a little bit higher than basic skills) it would save you a ton of money on paint, i mean you could just buy a bag of 500 paintballs from ANS zehpyrpaintball or any other place that knows how to ship paint, grab a skinny tank and go play.

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 VitalSigns

VitalSigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

if you rented a lot already or have played with semi-autos quite a bit and want to try pump then i see why not. playing pump wont magically make you good but it does help with a lot of basics and even slightly more advance techniques such as snap shooting (if you consider that a little bit higher than basic skills) it would save you a ton of money on paint, i mean you could just buy a bag of 500 paintballs from ANS zehpyrpaintball or any other place that knows how to ship paint, grab a skinny tank and go play.

People with cocker pumps somehow still manage to use a lot of paint.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#13 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

People with cocker pumps somehow still manage to use a lot of paint.

I know that feel so much. I borrowed an Empire Sniper from a friend, and shot a full V2 Prophecy (~240 ball) and two pods. Granted I wasn't really trying to conserve any paint, because it was an employee playday at the end of the season, and the paint was free.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#14 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well a lot of older players myself included started with pumps back in the day. When I started semis were abound and electros were emerging but pumps were still readily available and cheap. Honestly starting with a semi is going to be easier for you but pump is gonna save you a little $$ and be very rewarding once you get the hang of it. Personally I'd recommend going out and renting for a few times then pick up ya first gun even a pump.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

With pump,it's always good to try before you buy.Even if you can resell it and get your money back,it is still an investment that is taken out of YOUR wallet.If you really want a pump gun,vibes w/blackheart are going for about $150,which isn't bad at all.Then,use your electro for a while,and then try pump,so that you can compare the two and see which one you like more.Hell,you could buy a $5 pocket hopper,put that on your gun,and see if you even like the whole "limited ammo" platform.

#16 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

yeah i'd even consider a GOG eNMEy over a pump just because you've got an autocker style semi auto that'll still save money on paint compared to an electro and will also have that pump/cocker style accuracy you wouldn't get from an azodin blitz/spyder. Pumps are cool and fun to use but to fully enjoy one, I think its best to get an expenive one that shoots like a dream (vengeance 2.0 pump :lol: ) vs a khaos which looks like a spyder with a pump kit thrown on there (I'm not knocking the Khaos, that's just my opinion on it lol). Its ultimately up to you though...what style of play best suits you, what role you play in that stlye of play, and how much of a budget you'd need to enjoy yourself when you play that role. Watching mike's budget baller shows could also help point you in the right direction, as well as his pump vids (i believe he's done one on the khaos too) Good luck!
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#17 ruin2100

ruin2100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

i play pump more then anything now, being in college and whatnot has made my income super small. i buy a bag of 500 paint balls and it lasts me 3 days of play, each day being 3-4 hours of time at the fields. i use the Kaos pump and i enjoy it. shoots decent. loud, but still nice for its price. also, the barrel was a little short for my liking, so i put a 16inch CP on it. extremely acurate

#18 ruin2100

ruin2100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

i play pump more then anything now, being in college and whatnot has made my income super small. i buy a bag of 500 paint balls and it lasts me 3 days of play, each day being 3-4 hours of time at the fields. i use the Kaos pump and i enjoy it. shoots decent. loud, but still nice for its price. also, the barrel was a little short for my liking, so i put a 16inch CP on it. extremely accurate

Edited by ruin2100, 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

i play pump more then anything now, being in college and whatnot has made my income super small. i buy a bag of 500 paint balls and it lasts me 3 days of play, each day being 3-4 hours of time at the fields. i use the Kaos pump and i enjoy it. shoots decent. loud, but still nice for its price. also, the barrel was a little short for my liking, so i put a 16inch CP on it. extremely accurate

No barrel or gun is any more accurate than another. But if that 16 inches helps you point and thus helps you, as a player, become more accurate, than all to you.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

No barrel or gun is any more accurate than another. But if that 16 inches helps you point and thus helps you, as a player, become more accurate, than all to you.

Watch out guys, we got an accuracy wolf on the loose.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Watch out guys, we got an accuracy wolf on the loose.

Because barrels don't increase accuracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users