• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cpv711

cpv711

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Do you think the etek4 is better or the AXE?

#2 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

You're going to have to shoot both to decide that for yourself. If you can't get ahold of either and are worried about the ergonomics of the AXE, go with the etek 4. Really can't go wrong with either marker.

Both should have fairly high resale value, so you should be able to sell them if you decide you don't like it after playing with them for a while.

Just remember to try to stick with a marker. Sometimes all it takes is a little getting used to and you'll be way more comfortable with it than anything else.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#3 Guest_PainX10_*

Guest_PainX10_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

etek is just my prefferance. going to buy 4 here soon after i shot one i fell in love with it!

#4 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

There both great. If you want the best bang for buck, etek 4 is the way to go but if you have money to spend on the axe for upgrades, that's also a good way to go.

#5 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

i prefer the way the etek feels and shoots, i believe that etek vs. axe is preference as they are both good guns

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#6 dderiso87

dderiso87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

the etek isnt really very upgradable. For the price its better, better ergos ,more reliable, better company backing them, better barrel stock.
loud,

but if u have some money to put into the axe it has an awesome shot its very smooth very quiet
non servicable reg , weird ergos

i lke the etek better because of the ergos and i personally like the responsive feedback from a stack tube poppit.
its all personal preferance

but with upgrades the axe is better, better shot, more efficent

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

the etek isnt really very upgradable. For the price its better, better ergos ,more reliable, better company backing them, better barrel stock.
loud,

but if u have some money to put into the axe it has an awesome shot its very smooth very quiet

i lke the etek better because of the ergos and i personally like the responsive feedback from a stack tube poppit.

Better company backing them? Lolwut? How did you determine that fact? Empires CS rivals PE's easily...

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 stein26

stein26

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just bought the etek 4 over the Axe myself. Shot both guns. Axe is quieter and very smooth but I agree with everyone else etek is all around better. Really no upgrades needed, easy to work on, and planet eclipse is a great company

#9 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

loud,

Better company backing them? Lolwut? How did you determine that fact? Empires CS rivals PE's easily...

because PE's stuff isn't made in taiwan...
not sure but PE probably has higher quality machines because they do make EGO's and GEO's along with the etek line. i traded my etek3 for an axe and thank god the guy let me trade back. i felt that the milling and annodizing was of lower quality compared to PE, not to mention the trigger was kicked off to the left. completely off center. i wasn't happy with the axe at all.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#10 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

i had this choice to make also, i have bought the etek 4 and should get it this week. i got it because im a noob player and it needs less maintenance, i like the looks better on the etek (i know looks dont matter but it does a bit to me) and i have freinds who have the etek and they have nothing but good things to say say it shoots amazing ext so ya but again shoot both guns if you can.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#11 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

loud,

The etek doesn't even need to be upgraded. Unless you want an OLED board, its pretty much good to go out of the box.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#12 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

loud,

The etek doesn't even need to be upgraded. Unless you want an OLED board, its pretty much good to go out of the box.

im with you you dont need to upgrade it and the guy said the axe is a better shot you cant say that i know people who own a etek and say it shoot amazing.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#13 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I love my Axe, and I have shot the Etek4. Both great markers, and you can't go wrong.
Posted Image

#14 Fallen Panda

Fallen Panda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

what upgrades are needed for the axe that everyone is talking about?

#15 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

what upgrades are needed for the axe that everyone is talking about?

Well, there aren't any NEEDED upgrades. I ran my Axe stock for a year wonderfully. If you want to take your Axe to the next level, a new bolt is the way to go. EVeryone has different favorites, but a lot of guys like Boss bolts. I just bought the XSV Pro Boss Bolt, and I can't wait to try it out. Some guys like a new trigger or grip extender, but that's just preference.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users