2 replies to this topic

#1 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

If this is in the wrong section, mods can move it but I think speedball fits this thread. Only other thread I can think of is take it outside but I'm not really mad in this thread.

So to start off, I just want to say I go to a lot of fields where speedball is 10 on 10 with renters 2 to a bunker, and NO COMMUNICATION, just the occasional "there's a guy over there!". One recent sunny afternoon my friend and I went to the field and there were only about 6 other guys. We got in line to play and we started a 4 on 4 match (I think one of the refs was playing too, with his phantom). The first game, we all talk about where we're gonna go off break. I say "that bunker" as I point to it. Get shot going to the bunker off break. The ref who was playing (who also happened to be on my team) was shouting out "right tower!!" "Back left!" And standing in the deadbox, I was taking all this in. We get back off the field and I ask one of the refs what all the bunker names are. He tells me, and in the next game I knew exactly where each person was, and when he told me to shoot at back left I knew where to focus my fire, and I eventually got the out. We continued to win the rest of our games. I even contributed, saying "right towers gone" after I shot the guy in that bunker. (Along with other things)

This was literally the best paintball experience I've ever had so far. Teamwork and communication helps so much, and if you are like I used to be and have only ever played in silence, try and join in a game or two next time you see the "good players" take the field. You'll be suprised. I was.

And because its more helpful to have people on your team who can communicate and help you to know who's on the other side of the field, I'll be sure to tell a few of the rentals next time I play with them, all the names of the bunkers so they can learn and have as positive an experience as I did.

Tl;dr, happy vent talking about how communication has helped me like the sport of paintball even more.

Idk why I made this thread so you guys can just ignore it lol I just wanted to kinda write it out and get it off my chest cause I'm so glad I learned to communicate better.

But yea, communication!! :D

My Feedback 4/0/0

#2 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

yup communication is a key part to a good team. communication adds a whole new level of play to the game

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#3 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

that is what wins games.. team work.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST